• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Gowans

sneaky77 said:
ivy has his own club. I think you should keep doing it man.
I'm looking forward to just playing the game now mate.
I've PMd ivy but if he has his own thing I'll pass to Shortt Or whoever GAF decides is beat and has the time.

I need to get stuck into Liverys and rivals tonight, I'm behind.

sneaky77

Gowans007 said:
I'm looking forward to just playing the game now mate.
I've PMd ivy but if he has his own thing I'll pass to Shortt Or whoever GAF decides is beat and has the time.

I need to get stuck into Liverys and rivals tonight, I'm behind.

lol fair enough.

The_Monk

The_Monk said:
Guys I have a question:

I put the codes from all the DLC cars that I got. Now when I go see some cars to buy, some of them says on the top left corner "NEW".

Are those the cars that I got from the DLC, right? Sorry for the stupid question...

On another topic, I only tried World Tour so far, guess I'm not like the rest of the people, but will be in Rivals later on!

I will also request some help in the future regarding some stuff I might need help from driving assists, etc, but I will post a picture about that later.

If everyone want to add another GAFfer, please, check my profile, say you are from here and Add me on XBL, thank you. :)

Anyone?

Yes, they should be. They will have a DLC stripe on them first and then when you get any new cars added to your garage thru DLC, they will say NEW. Sort of an easy way to let you know which ones you just got.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Big Takeover said:
You've done the best you can. Thank you!

My 2 cents is if somebody else is going to run it, it should be ivy though. The guy is a GAF racing fixture. I don't know if he wants to or not, but he should be given first refusal.

<3

thanks, but i decline. already have obligations elsewhere for now.

Pepto said:
So how do I fix this 0 credits bug?

I have heard two different ways. One involves just keeping it in 270 degree mode. And the other is going into "Change Difficulty" before race and changing one thing. Back out and let it save and then going back in and change it back to what you want.

Otherwise they need to freakin' patch it.

nagge

Ive got a 1M code and want the subaru, so if anyone wants to trade PM me.

Gonna take a break from the game now, it's so intense.

BoobPhysics101 said:
Sounds like the opposite of the car club that GAF deserves. We should make a 'AlternaGAF' car club.
Lets be fair to Gowans. I didn't see anyone else take the lead and NONE of us expected clubs to be capped at 100.

The game has been out just a few days. We can fix this.

Lothars

Pepto said:

Credit to Mr.Green

Mr.Green said:
Workaround for the 0 cr/900° bug

Ripped off the GWJ forums:
zeroKFE said:
Seriously guys, do the difficulty change workaround -- as I said before, it's been 100% working for me.

1. Load into the race. You should be looking at your car on the track.
2. Open the difficulty settings and change one setting (you MUST actually change something), hit A to save, go back to the menu.
3. Open the difficulty settings again, change things back to how you really want them, hit A to save again.
4. Start your race.
5(?). Not sure if it is necessary, but I've been doing steps 2-4 when hitting restart on a race and in between heats in multi-heat races. Better safe than sorry.

Dommel

Shortt Sirket said:
I have heard two different ways. One involves just keeping it in 270 degree mode. And the other is going into "Change Difficulty" before race and changing one thing. Back out and let it save and then going back in and change it back to what you want.

Otherwise they need to freakin' patch it.

The 'change difficulty' is too cumbersome as I understand you have to do it every single time?

I can't believe Turn 10 asks Fanatec to build a wheel and then it's not correctly supported.

How unbelievably amateur hour is that? I bought an expensive wheel (granted, also because it works in GT5) and I have to use 270 degrees instead of 900 in the game it was designed for.

I also fear it will take a while for this to get patched.

Yoritomo

Dommel said:
The 'change difficulty' is too cumbersome as I understand you have to do it every single time?

I can't believe Turn 10 asks Fanatec to build a wheel and then it's not correctly supported.

How unbelievably amateur hour is that? I bought an expensive wheel (granted, also because it works in GT5) and I have to use 270 degrees instead of 900 in the game it was designed for.

That was the indication that was given to me at the outset.

Mr.Green

Dommel said:

SILENCE YOU!

And there I was secretly praying it would get fixed in time for the weekend...

They have at least acknowledged the problem and said they were looking into it. Don't lose faith.

It should be fixed by Christmas.

:'(

op_ivy

game is sooo good. my wife hates me for ignoring her the past two evenings, but i've racked up a lot of cash, a lot of cars, and a lot of miles. i'm level 28 or so in the career and still feel like i've hardly scratched the surface of the game. wish i had more time to paint, tune, and compete in rivals - not to mention race online. this game will keep me busy for a very long time!

also, T10, bring back Positano full.

Shaneus

Someone might be able to answer me this: Are the voiceover/text overlay bits in AV mode FMV or are they realtime? I can't really tell. They're a little *too* snappy to be in-game, IMO.

op_ivy said:
game is sooo good. my wife hates me for ignoring her the past two evenings, but i've racked up a lot of cash, a lot of cars, and a lot of miles. i'm level 28 or so in the career and still feel like i've hardly scratched the surface of the game. wish i had more time to paint, tune, and compete in rivals - not to mention race online. this game will keep me busy for a very long time!

I know man. The worst thing I have been dealing with is not knowing what to do when I start up the game. Do I do some Rivals and get caught for hours? Do unlock some more AutoVista cars and drool? Do I run some Multiplayer races and get shunted off the first corner by people who don't know how to brake? Do I buy some new cars and create some new tunes? Do I try to work on a new livery that will still be shit after 40+ hours? Or do I actually jump into World Tour and then spend another 20 min trying to figure out if I want to up my BMW Affinity more or if I want to try to spread the love around to get free upgrades?

Seriously, this game almost makes me anxious trying to figure out how I actually want to play it.

planar1280 said:
can someone answer this:

Can I upload my replays to youtube?

I think the only way is to upload the replay to the FM.net site and then download it t your computer. Edit there and then upload it to YouTube. Sadly there is no direct YT interface.

skyfinch

Shaneus said:
Someone might be able to answer me this: Are the voiceover/text overlay bits in AV mode FMV or are they realtime? I can't really tell. They're a little *too* snappy to be in-game, IMO.

They are real-time. If you open the door, or hood, it remains open while the voice over happens.

Tabs

Pepto said:
Like I said, last night I had luck just doing a single race with my wheel set to 270, then in the menu afterwards I set it back to 900 and all the future races I got credits as intended.

So for the wheel purists here (I consider myself in that group), need your opinion. I'm going out of town for the weekend and could bring my xbox/F4 but not my cockpit (obviously). What's worse, waiting until Monday to play the game again or playing with a controller? :)

G Rom

Shaneus said:
Considering that you can see changes in paints and the exploding you did on the car, that would mean lots of FMV... :D

Shaneus

skyfinch said:
They are real-time. If you open the door, or hood, it remains open while the voice over happens.
Yeah, noticed that. Also picked up on that if you change the paint, it stays that colour.

Holy hell that's impressive.

op_ivy

Shortt Sirket said:
I know man. The worst thing I have been dealing with is not knowing what to do when I start up the game. Do I do some Rivals and get caught for hours? Do unlock some more AutoVista cars and drool? Do I run some Multiplayer races and get shunted off the first corner by people who don't know how to brake? Do I buy some new cars and create some new tunes? Do I try to work on a new livery that will still be shit after 40+ hours? Or do I actually jump into World Tour and then spend another 20 min trying to figure out if I want to up my BMW Affinity more or if I want to try to spread the love around to get free upgrades?

Seriously, this game almost makes me anxious trying to figure out how I actually want to play it.

I think the only way is to upload the replay to the FM.net site and then download it t your computer. Edit there and then upload it to YouTube. Sadly there is no direct YT interface.

that reminds me, i've only spent about 5 minutes in autovista! and photomode!

My work schedule has been all over the map this week (on lunch break now, actually), but I warned my wife this morning it will be a Forza weekend.

She is not pleased.

SarBear

op_ivy said:
that reminds me, i've only spent about 5 minutes in autovista! and photomode!

TBH, I wasn't impressed with Autovista. I know, it's there to cater to certain individuals, but I really feel it was such a waste of time given the small amount of vehicles on display. I would have much rather taken even ONE more real world circuit over that entire feature.

A Co-Leader spot will always be waiting for you when you get back Gowans! You did a great job thru all the stress of the initial craziness.

skyfinch

I will wait a few years then re-do rivals. By then, most of you will have moved on to other games, and when I finally beat some of your times, you won't be around to defend your times. I had this planned out since E3!

Hawk269

Gowans007 said:
Guys if you have a better way about the club let me know, I've constantly asked.

If someone else wants to run it and do a better job I'll pass over the ownership with no problem at all.

Gowans, I think most of us appreciate what you are doing and the fact that no one has stepped up to take over or ask to take over is a sign that they know it is alot of work.

My only suggestion and this was the one I had a while back was that more than one club be created. My only reason for this is the "time sink" we invest into the club. In real world terms, imagine if you worked a week to beat let's say 20 rival races, you uploaded 3-4 rare/expensive cars, set multiple records helping advance the clubs ranking then you wake up to see who beat you and you have a message waiting saying that you are no longer in the club.

That is the main issue... It is not knowing if you are in or out and who wants to make such a heavy investment in beating times, rivals, uploading cars, beating other modes to help the club if you are always in jeopardy of losing your association with the club randomly.

To me, you are stuck between a rock and hard place. We have so many people that want in, other territories that have not got the game yet that would want in and with the 100 person cap it makes it hard to decide what to do and how to go about doing it.

sneaky77

skyfinch said:
I will wait a few years then re-do rivals. By then, most of you will have moved on to other games, and when I finally beat some of your times, you won't be around to defend your times. I had this planned out since E3!

quite brilliant actually

Top Bottom