• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Adam Blade said:
Man, I suck at this game.

So, uh, when driving a manual car... when should I use the clutch? >_>;;
LOL.

You use the clutch when changing gear. Foot off accelerate, press clutch and change gear, release clutch and back on the accelerator.

You don't drive a manual in real life?

h3ro

Adam Blade said:

Clutch in, throttle off when you reach the revs you want to shift at, quick shift and smoothly feed the throttle back in while easing off the clutch. On the straights, shift at the redline.

I'm sure someone could give more of a technical explanation, but that's kind of it in a nutshell. I think so, anyway. :lol

guest1321

enzo_gt said:
Hey, I'm still going for it! Slow down everyone! Finished the drift section, working on Top Gear now. Clean times/scores suck ass cause I suck ass :(
I'm not sure if you are going for the "posting times in all rivals mode achievement", but if you are you only need to do one event in each of them. I found this out the hard way when I finished all of events within every mode except for one. I did my first race in the new mode, BAM! Achievement unlocked. I really hope you are not going for that achievement only because damn that was a hard smack in the face from reality.

sneaky77

guest1321 said:
I'm not sure if you are going for the "posting times in all rivals mode achievement", but if you are you only need to do one event in each of them. I found this out the hard way when I finished all of events within every mode except for one. I did my first race in the new mode, BAM! Achievement unlocked. I really hope you are not going for that achievement only because damn that was a hard smack in the face from reality.

yeah I read that, I guess you may have posted it, so I got the achievement the easier way lol

guest1321

sneaky77 said:
yeah I read that, I guess you may have posted it, so I got the achievement the easier way lol
Right on!

Also in lieu of my goal to get 1000/1000 I have made a list of all all tracks that are available to race on so it will make it easier to keep track of where you have raced and where you haven't. I got pissed in F3 because I had no idea where I had an hadn't raced and I thought it was just the location that mattered and BLAH! Anyways, here is a link to the doc so you can use it as well (copy and use :] )

What Tracks Have You Raced On?

Fess

My bliss moment has been to tune up my old and heavily painted BMW 2002 Turbo to class A500 and drifting to 1st place on almost every A class event so far. Those shiny new cars the opponents drive haven't got a chance! I'm usually at first place before the first turn :D
The handling is golden in this game btw, haven't had this fun with a racing game in years.

sneaky77

guest1321 said:
Right on!

Also in lieu of my goal to get 1000/1000 I have made a list of all all tracks that are available to race on so it will make it easier to keep track of where you have raced and where you haven't. I got pissed in F3 because I had no idea where I had an hadn't raced and I thought it was just the location that mattered and BLAH! Anyways, here is a link to the doc so you can use it as well (copy and use :] )

What Tracks Have You Raced On?

You have to race all tracks even different times of day?

Does hot lap count?

Adam Blade said:

Adam Blade
Go easy on him,
he's a Clipper fan.
(Today, 04:20 PM)

Hahahaha. :)

FYI to veterans, if you hit the right RPM point you can actually powershift without the clutch with no damage to the tranny, just like in real life. Pretty cool.

guest1321

sneaky77 said:
You have to race all tracks even different times of day?

Does hot lap count?
I read it that way:
Finish a race on every race track in Forza Motorsport 4.
But I could be wrong and in frustration of my lack of FM3 achievement have decided to take preventive measures. I'm keeping track of it for times sake. I would assume a Hot Lap would work but TBH i'll probably just do a quick race on whatever I haven't completed when I finish the event list. I'll go for all the normal tracks first and if that doesn't do it then I will finish all the reverse, and then from there the alternate. But yeah, I'm prepared.

EDIT: now that I re-read that achievement, what defines a "race track"? No test grounds?

sneaky77

guest1321 said:
I read it that way:

But I could be wrong and in frustration of my lack of FM3 achievement have decided to take preventive measures. I'm keeping track of it for times sake. I would assume a Hot Lap would work but TBH i'll probably just do a quick race on whatever I haven't completed when I finish the event list. I'll go for all the normal tracks first and if that doesn't do it then I will finish all the reverse, and then from there the alternate. But yeah, I'm prepared.

I am totally stealing that spreadsheet from you

Neo 007

I just love how you can pre-empt a bit of opposite lock in a drift and it works as you would think....Golden Turn 10...GOLDEN

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
guest1321 said:
Oh dear.. maybe I should do this then :x Terrible wording on the achievement's part then.

Well at least the drift ones are fun! I try to beat the rival score by a few points every time just for space to keep 1upping people
and increase dat credit boost
:p

Thanks for the heads up.

That track achievement looks a bit ridiculous, are you guys sure that's how it works? Has no one else done it yet?

eek5

Shaneus said:
Achievement? Messages?

sneaky77 said:

sky basically went through and got the slowest time on all the rival challenges to get the achievement (do all rival challenges) so whenever someone does a rivals challenge for the first time in gaf club they usually get him as a rival so his box gets flooded with messages saying people have beaten him :lol

cjelly said:
LOL.

You use the clutch when changing gear. Foot off accelerate, press clutch and change gear, release clutch and back on the accelerator.

You don't drive a manual in real life?

Thanks!

Uh, no... I've only driven automatics.

h3ro said:
Clutch in, throttle off when you reach the revs you want to shift at, quick shift and smoothly feed the throttle back in while easing off the clutch. On the straights, shift at the redline.

I'm sure someone could give more of a technical explanation, but that's kind of it in a nutshell. I think so, anyway. :lol

Thanks to you too. I'm so noob at this game. :(

But it's fun though, lol

BoobPhysics101 said:
Adam Blade
Go easy on him,
he's a Clipper fan.
(Today, 04:20 PM)

Hahahaha. :)

FYI to veterans, if you hit the right RPM point you can actually powershift without the clutch with no damage to the tranny, just like in real life. Pretty cool.

... why you gots to be mean? :(

p3tran

Banned
I'm trying to share some cars I made and it refuses and always comes up with a msg that says "car currently locked. Cannot share or sync to garage".
Are my cars locked (?), is it server side, or something with gaf garage?

Shaneus

guest1321 said:
That's what it is there for ;)

EDIT: Oh, the " ! " is my sign for bowling, and I was going to use " ^^ " for autocross.
The ! is my sign for "I can't believe I fucked up that last corner".

Shaneus

BoobPhysics101 said:
Do you know that if you're using auto-clutch and change gears at the right time it will still use it? I imagine there'd be some benefit to still getting the timing right if that's the case.

Edit: Ah fuck, DP. Sorry guys. Just have to deal with more Webber.

guest1321

p3tran said:
I'm trying to share some cars I made and it refuses and always comes up with a msg that says "car currently locked. Cannot share or sync to garage".
Are my cars locked (?), is it server side, or something with gaf garage?
It might be the server having issues. Also, are you uploading a car with a locked vinyl group or locked tuning setup (i.e. you downloaded off storefront)? I'm just throwing things out at this point that seem relative to the wording of the error. My guess is that it is server side though.

Shaneus said:
Do you know that if you're using auto-clutch and change gears at the right time it will still use it? I imagine there'd be some benefit to still getting the timing right if that's the case.

You made this seem like a statement and then turned it into a question... Which is it?

Just spent an hour making a gaf garage FWD A class car, check it out :)

I tuned it on the topgear track so it may vary on larger circuits.

2d7zs48.jpg

sneaky77

Diablohead said:
Just spent an hour making a gaf garage FWD A class car, check it out :)

I tuned it on the topgear track so it may vary on larger circuits.

2d7zs48.jpg

That's very awesome.

I haven't figured out how to use shared cars yet.. lol

mblitek

You guys are making me cry inside! I've been playing GT5 pretending it's my LCE copy of Forza4 AND my new Xbox360 250gb slim model :(

I'm waiting for a new adapter as my controller or rather any PS2->Xbox360 controller has not been working with the new Xbox360. It's quite odd.

Can't wait to race with you guys!

Shaneus

mblitek said:
You guys are making me cry inside! I've been playing GT5 pretending it's my LCE copy of Forza4 AND my new Xbox360 250gb slim model :(

I'm waiting for a new adapter as my controller or rather any PS2->Xbox360 controller has not been working with the new Xbox360. It's quite odd.

Can't wait to race with you guys!
I'll make sure to set at least one bad time in a rivals event for you to beat ;)

Aptos

sneaky77 said:
That's very awesome.

I haven't figured out how to use shared cars yet.. lol

Yea, I can only figure out how to test drive them. Can you race club garage cars in World Tour or anything?

Love that Neogaf Megane, D.

There's no way to filter storefront by [GAF], is there? Bummer.

I'm still twitching from when T10 took my crack pipe (Rivals) away from me this afternoon.

p3tran

Banned
guest1321 said:
It might be the server having issues. Also, are you uploading a car with a locked vinyl group or locked tuning setup (i.e. you downloaded off storefront)? I'm just throwing things out at this point that seem relative to the wording of the error. My guess is that it is server side though.

this was it. I was using an empty licence plate I bought.
problem solved

getphotocfgp.jpg

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
flashburn2012 said:
900 degree wheels. you know, like those official Forza 4 wheels. You'd think they would of playtested them a bit? Nah.

The testers were probably forced to use those new Waggle Wheels.

trollface.jpg

Shaneus said:

You're asking if auto clutch is done, if it'll power shift for you? No, because I believe the auto clutch always pushes the clutch in and out, so the AI won't powershift for you. The whole point of powershifting is to do a shift at the right RPM without the clutch.

I've done it a couple of times and the game didn't say the tranny was damaged so I assume it works.

Edit: I'm 2.2 seconds away from getting the B-class world record on Tskuba Short, guys. Wish me luck.

I'll also be the only person to have done it with no assists at all.

I really like that this time around I feel like I'll be able to buy every car in the game, unlike in 3.

And I would love to be in the GAF club, if only to take up space.

Aptos

Is anyone willing to give me some feedback on my Audi R8 tune that's in the club garage?

It's my first serious tune and I've put about 5 hours into it. I'd really like to hear what someone more experienced has to say.

Aptos said:
Is anyone willing to give me some feedback on my Audi R8 tune that's in the club garage?

It's my first serious tune and I've put about 5 hours into it. I'd really like to hear what someone more experienced has to say.
I will try it out but it will have to be in the morning, sleepy time here.

eek5

Aptos said:
Yea, I can only figure out how to test drive them. Can you race club garage cars in World Tour or anything?
You can only use club cars in certain modes (multiplayer/rivals/hot lap/quickrace)

Basically everything but career

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I have seen some fucking awesome cars in the AH (custom designs) god dammit I wish I knew how to do digital art, I'd make a limited edition vehicles only sold in AH and not sell the livery design, what glorious shit this is.

This makes you appreciate the rarity of your collection a ton more and can be the envy of others while you race lol.

Here's my first uploaded vid to FM.net. It's rather humorous IMO.

Anyone have trouble with layers moving on their own when they are selected? I feel like my direction/analog sticks and pulls the layer off to one side or changes the size without my consent. I've painted several things with two controllers and I'm pretty sure it's the game. Sometimes layers won't even respond to my button presses.

watership

VindictiveGnome said:
Here's my first uploaded vid to FM.net. It's rather humorous IMO.

If by humorous you mean vomit inducing .. sure. Blarg (SPLASH). Every video I've tried to upload today has failed. Poor FM servers.

watership said:
If by humorous you mean vomit inducing .. sure. Blarg (SPLASH). Every video I've tried to upload today has failed. Poor FM servers.
It takes longer to upload the video than to render it. I have a 9MB upload speed and it takes too long.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING DIABLO GTRS GOING TWO-WIDE IN THE FUCKING RIVALS PASSING SHIT @ NURB JESUS FUCK

I had a great lap to put me in the top 15 in this specific R3 800 challenge.

watership

Speaking of rivals mode. Is it Xbox Live Gold only? A friend wants to get it but he's really not an online player... it make sense that it's gold only, but it's technically leaderboards. Anyone know for sure?

Top Bottom