• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

forza customization video

Sho Nuff

Banned
30FPS DUR DUR DUR

Sorry. It's gonna be really cool if there are racing "clans" with matching paintjobs and parts. Is there support for custom decals?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Awesome video, thanks!

This is a dumb dumb dumb question so don't flame me too hard. :)
I noticed that there are a lot of physical alterations to the car and I was wondering if the developer went ahead and calculated all the miniscule changes to the driving/handling of the vehicle per each addition and change. Now the reason why I ask is because I realize that this a a very focused sim game but at the same time it would be mindboggling to accurately calculate and modify each and every car for every addition and change you make. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Thanks BlimBlim, I am honestly very impressed. Hopefully it pans out to be a very well designed feature that mimics real life physics.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
TekunoRobby said:
Awesome video, thanks!

This is a dumb dumb dumb question so don't flame me too hard. :)
I noticed that there are a lot of physical alterations to the car and I was wondering if the developer went ahead and calculated all the miniscule changes to the driving/handling of the vehicle per each addition and change. Now the reason why I ask is because I realize that this a a very focused sim game but at the same time it would be mindboggling to accurately calculate and modify each and every car for every addition and change you make. Thanks in advance.
As far as I know, yes every change you make on the car (inside or outside) is reflected on the way it will handle.

thorns

Banned
26243.jpg

remember when ppl were bitching about the vents? :lol
I guess we'll have an option to choose between both the 7 and 4 vent version.

Gek54

mr2mike said:
"Do body mods affect peformance? If not...lame."

They do actually.

Sweet

Forza respect +1

Project Midway said:
Gek will always find something wrong in racers...especially if they are on Xbox.

;)

I find something wrong with just about every racing game. Its just been easier with Xbox racing games. ;)

WarPig

Sho Nuff said:
Sorry. It's gonna be really cool if there are racing "clans" with matching paintjobs and parts. Is there support for custom decals?

The vinyl customization system is pretty sick. You have a ton of control over the different shapes and colors you want to build a design out of, and you get 100 layers to work with on each main surface of the car (top, flanks, front, back). I was probably more impressed by that bit of the game than any other when they showed it to us last week, if only because I really wasn't expecting it.

DFS.

Top Bottom