• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Megasoum

Banned
In addition you get some seasonal bonus cars (actually liveries). Plus the VIP car pack but that looks pretty abysmal. The real deal is Forza rewards. That gives you access to lots of cars early. The Huracan, the P1. It's gonna save you a lot of credits getting those for free.

Where have they said that VIP will get those cars for free?

Can I buy and pre load from the Hong Kong store since I'm in the UK?

Yes but keep in mind that the game is released later in HK

Karak

I think I know the exact piece of geometry you're talking about.

Here's a clip of the rotating trees as well: http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...n Li&vid=1d635679-f31b-4098-af6b-31afc41f080d

Like I said in a previous post, these are minor issues however they are kinda annoying and do break the immersion somewhat.

The first is a game error where the geometry data has an error of some kind and doesn't apply the normal curvature and so forth. Since the geometry is fixed in the game they will either fix it, or that one small area will always have the triangle.

The second video had me laughing. The engine didn't turn some of the 2d trees into a 3d ones when you got near. Almost like popin the engine find out where you are and performs the change and it didn't there ha.

Fess

Chaotic, crazy arcadey, and super fun! Fantastic demo! :D it'll be interesting to see if Driveclub can top this. I'll probably pick this up after finishing Forza 5 though, alternating between 60 and 30 fps is... Well, not so flattering.

Cavalier

Banned
This game reminds me of SSX3 a lot for some reason because of how the game events and free-roaming are implemented. That's fucking awesome.

Thinking about taking the plunge even though I just spent $60 on Destiny, which I haven't touched since last week.

Gestault

Hmm, that seems really low for the size of the map. I'm guessing there will be an area where everyone meets up for shenanigans, though.

Everything's still populated by traffic, and it's built around team objectives and meetups (when you're not just wrecking house and finding hidden signs). It's a step above what was in the original Horizon, in both number of players and density of other cars.

RoKKeR

Oh and I found my biggest complaint about the graphics today, that are otherwise fuckin' fantastic.

Just... don't look at the coastline. D: It might harm your eyes.

Everything's still populated by traffic, and it's built around team objectives and meetups (when you're not just wrecking house and finding hidden signs). It's a step above what was in the original Horizon, in both number of players and density of other cars.

Yeah, fair point. It's just that I like the thought of frequently encountering other players minding their own business or whatever as I'm doing my own thing...would give it a real sense of a world that is populated and full of life, if you know what I mean? As you say, the map will still be populated with AI...but that's not the same.

I dunno, maybe I'm jumping the gun. I hope I'm wrong :D

U2NUMB

Oh! That's cool. Where's that info from? Not seeing anything about Horizon 2 on the Forza Reward site.

Depending on what level you are on the rewards site this is what you get in Horizon 2

Tier Level 2 – 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
Tier Level 3 – 2013 Viper GTS
Tier Level 4 – 2015 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4
Tier Level 5 – 2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter
Tier Level 6 – 2013 McLaren P1

Megasoum

Banned
Depending on what level you are on the rewards site this is what you get in Horizon 2

Yeah I understand that but is that list on the actual reward site right now? Cause I can't find a Horizon 2 section on the rewards site.

Gestault

Yeah I understand that but is that list on the actual reward site right now? Cause I can't find a Horizon 2 section on the rewards site.

I don't mean to be rude, but do you think that might mean it just hasn't been added because the game hasn't been released? That when the game doesn't show up on the list of games/rewards on the site, that's a sign it hasn't been added yet?

You seem confused by something that sounds pretty matter-of-fact.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

You get free McLaren at lvl 6. Wow. I had to grind a lot to get this car in Forza 5 and no I dont regret it. But damn this is cool.

Turns out they bumped my bandwidth up to 150gigs/month as a limit, so I should be fine to download a few games a month if need be.

$4/gb overage though, which is exorbinant.

Does the Xbox One download in sleep mode like PS4? It'll likely take 12 hours to download.

Turns out they bumped my bandwidth up to 150gigs/month as a limit, so I should be fine to download a few games a month if need be.

$4/gb overage though, which is exorbinant.

Does the Xbox One download in sleep mode like PS4? It'll likely take 12 hours to download.

yep, even the 360 does

splattered

What I don't get is do we get all of the cars at and below the rewards tier we are at when the game releases, or just one car period? Right now I'm at Tier 3... do I get two cars or just one?

shandy706

I'm a Tier 5 plebe :(

Me too :(

It's actually the original Horizon that I need to play/buy cars in more to get to tier 6.

I've always been a bigger Sim fan than Arcade, so I didn't buy the original Horizon till like a year after it came out.

By then it was fighting other games for my attention.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't mean to be rude, but do you think that might mean it just hasn't been added because the game hasn't been released? That when the game doesn't show up on the list of games/rewards on the site, that's a sign it hasn't been added yet?

You seem confused by something that sounds pretty matter-of-fact.

lol I totally understand that. I'm just trying to find the source for that list of cars rewarded at each tier level that is mentioned in this thread. U2NUMB said it was reported on many sites but it doesn't appear to be on any official Forza sites (that I know of anyway).

I'm not saying that I don't believe you guys, I'm just curious since this is the first time I hear anything about that list.

I was asking about the reward site because that would be the logical place to announce this but the FH2 section is not live yet.

I'm a Tier 5 plebe :(

Me too :(. I finaly got to Tier 5 recently by playing FM5 but I'm still over 800 points away from Tier 6. I'm sure I'll get it with FH2 though.

What I don't get is do we get all of the cars at and below the rewards tier we are at when the game releases, or just one car period? Right now I'm at Tier 3... do I get two cars or just one?

You get "all of the cars at and below the rewards tier" you are, so you'll get two cars.

shandy706

I may have no reward at all! Lol
Just played the free weekend of FM5! Never had an Xbox Before! :(

You'll start unlocking rewards with Horizon 2 then :)

Just put in some good time in October and you'll start getting rewards. Make sure to check it each month. They give away hundreds of thousands / millions of $$$ and free cars here and there.

Kssio_Aug

You'll start unlocking rewards with Horizon 2 then :)

Just put in some good time in October and you'll start getting rewards. Make sure to check it each month. They give away hundreds of thousands / millions of $$$ and free cars here and there.

Good!! Didnt know that, I thought the rewards would be a bonus just for the older Forza players! :p

Thanks for that info!

arhra

Not from VIP, but from Forza Rewards.

VIP is more relevant to Forza Rewards bonuses in future games, since it'll let you get to a higher level more easily. Won't make any difference to the rewards you get with this game, since I think they're applied once when you first play the game, so I don't think you get the higher-tier rewards if you hit those tiers playing the game.

I think, anyway. Only really started paying attention to Forza Rewards with FM5, so not entirely sure how it all works.

Top Bottom