• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

eek5

so, who said there would be good deals on xbones later this year ?

I think patcher said their would be a really good can't miss bundle later this year but it'll probably be after Sept if that shit is even true.. and who can wait that long for FH2?!

ProjectPick

Neo Member
Already done bro. Already done.

tumblr_lwobmpkPmB1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

This demo makes me annoyed I picked up the LE of Destiny. Need to pawn that off now and hop all in on Horizon.

adelante

Hmmm not really feeling it, I'll reserve judgement until the full ad is released. I still think they should've just used the opening cinematic/intro for the game's commercial. Freakin goosebumps each time I watch it. That muted montage of festival vibes and fast-paced racing scenes, against a low ambient soundtrack... something refreshing compared to the usual loud, in your face ads typically released for games of this genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1cHm9NjIe0

FordGTGuy

Banned
Has anyone else tried driving a lap around the entire map?

Just start at the Festival and stay to the right on all corners and you can do a full on road loop of the map. Really surprised this didn't end up as a event in the demo.

Klocker

Has anyone else tried driving a lap around the entire map?

Just start at the Festival and stay to the right on all corners and you can do a full on road loop of the map. Really surprised this didn't end up as a event in the demo.

Yep. Turned the music off for a change as a rain storm hit and popped on my headphones and just cruised the loop. Cant wait to try all the cars for different experiences.

chris121580

This game wasn't even on my radar until the demo. Now it's a day 1 purchase. Game is gorgeous and controls so well. Absolutely love it! One of the best experiences I've had on a next gen console and it's only a freaking demo! If marketed right, this could totally be a system seller

just used my smart glass to purchase the $80 one. Was really easy - says its like downloading it now which is great.

I played using the Bowler last night - it;s great to not have to worry about roads!

Mr White

Great demo. Some views are really breathtaking.
Sadly it seems I can't preorder this game from Xbox.com or from Smartglass (US Store). PBR9002 error. Never got this error before.

klodeckel

Banned
Just realized the full version with have 700+ events. Man, this sounds so damn much. The demo includes 3 of them ... If I calculate the time I needed for this three demo events - I will need about 116 hours :O Online, collectibles, tuning, painting and so on not even included.

cool_dude

Banned
Was thinking/dreaming...is there going to be a golf course in the full game where we can tear it up? Maybe play a round of golf by knocking around barrels?

Hindle

Banned
If the games media want to restore some crediability, then Horizon 2 should be GOTY. It really looks to be the most fun racer ever made.

stitch512

Banned
If the games media want to restore some crediability, then Horizon 2 should be GOTY. It really looks to be the most fun racer ever made.

TLOU and GTA5 remastered will probably get GOTY awards again lol.

It sucks that the demo does not save progress, having to go through all the story at the start can get boring. Too bad the ultimate day 1 is not at retail, I would love to pick that up however I have now already purchased VIP (at a discount thanks MS) and the car pass and ready to go on Oct 3 :).

javie3d

i was really looking forward to this game, but after the demo the whole theme and announcer reminds me too much of NFS pro street. in a bad way.

TLOU and GTA5 remastered will probably get GOTY awards again lol.

It sucks that the demo does not save progress, having to go through all the story at the start can get boring. Too bad the ultimate day 1 is not at retail, I would love to pick that up however I have now already purchased VIP (at a discount thanks MS) and the car pass and ready to go on Oct 3 :).
Or you could just switch your xbox locality to a US address and play like 4 days earlier :)

ouge123

Neo Member
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-forza-horizon-2-demo

Digital Foundry: Hands-on with the Forza Horizon 2 demo

Further inspection of the demo shows that Forza Horizon 2 delivers its visual punch with a crisp native 1080p resolution, as promised by the developers earlier in the year. The anti-aliasing solution is also given a boost over that of Forza 5 via the use of 4x MSAA (multi-sampling anti-aliasing) - a bandwidth-heavy choice that we rarely see in use on console.

mpressively, despite the demanding open-world set-up and an avalanche of advanced rendering effects, Forza Horizon 2 holds a solid 30fps throughout the demo without ever dropping a single frame during gameplay, no matter how carelessly we ploughed through the scenery and collided with other vehicles - driving feels smooth and responsive in a variety of weather and road conditions.

derFeef

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-forza-horizon-2-demo

Further inspection of the demo shows that Forza Horizon 2 delivers its visual punch with a crisp native 1080p resolution, as promised by the developers earlier in the year. The anti-aliasing solution is also given a boost over that of Forza 5 via the use of 4x MSAA (multi-sampling anti-aliasing) - a bandwidth-heavy choice that we rarely see in use on console.

mpressively, despite the demanding open-world set-up and an avalanche of advanced rendering effects, Forza Horizon 2 holds a solid 30fps throughout the demo without ever dropping a single frame during gameplay, no matter how carelessly we ploughed through the scenery and collided with other vehicles - driving feels smooth and responsive in a variety of weather and road conditions.

Damn wizards, really impressive.

Cygnus

Banned
and cars that appear just a touch too artificially shiny under the full glimmer of the sun. Sometimes, the bright daytime lighting also give cars a cut-out look against the scenery in certain conditions, which can appear a little odd.
This is what I'm talking about.

Also glad they didn't use FXAA this time around.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is what I'm talking about.

Also glad they didn't use FXAA this time around.

the 'cut out' effect is particularly noticable in the wet circuit race (I'm assuming it was wet for everyone?)

15 days until release in the UK. Can't decide whether to continue blitzing Forza 5 in a desperate attempt to get to tier 4 on rewards and get that lamborghini - but risk burning myself out on racing games just before FH2 and DC hit; or just stop playing it now.

T.O.P

Banned

Made a thread quotin you dude :)

Top Bottom