• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

i02aO9JlRbdZR.gif

Cloud shadows make me happy.

That was one of the most impressive things about that time-lapse video. So impressive what they're doing with light/color of the sky (especially as the sun's light changes from behind you to in front of you (backlighting). I also really love the polarizer effect they have going on with the color of the sky, too. Gives it a very nice look.

p3tran

Banned
I havent made a gif in a long time, but here is one showing the improvement on reflections.
as you may see, the opponents name is not reflected any more on my hood.
seems like rendering has been greatly separated.

2_by_mrpetros-d7zmzcg.gif

Everyone else is driving through vineyards I'm just sitting here waiting on a rainbow.
what a romantic soul!! :D :D

I cant wait to get my hands on some cars in the full game, making some really stupid modifications then experimenting with it on the various open world stuffs :)
gonna_be_good.gif

FordGTGuy

Banned
I havent made a gif in a long time, but here is one showing the improvement on reflections.

2_by_mrpetros-d7zmzcg.gif

what a romantic soul!! :D :D

I cant wait to get my hands on some cars in the full game, making some really stupid modifications then experimenting with it on the various open world stuffs :)
gonna_be_good.gif

Oh god the watermarks, here you go man:

http://www.video-gif-converter.com/

FordGTGuy

Banned
Someone tell me how I don't need the Season Pass. Bank account am cry.

You don't need all those fantastic cars every month. Those Ferraris, Lamborghinis, American muscle, JDM, Classic European and insane track cars. Who cares about thunderous V8s and ear-destroying rotaries while running through the vineyards of Europe.

Especially screw the overall discount you get on them by buying a Season Pass now.

I would never and you shouldn't either.

Fuck I'm glad I bought Ultimate, non-Season Pass peasant :D

Megasoum

Banned
For some weird reason, as much as I love racing games, I kinda don't care about the cars lol.

I bought the deluxe edition of Horizon 2 cause as long as I have a coupld dozens of cars then I'm good.

This doesn't really apply to Horizon but for a game like FM, the tracks are so much more important than the cars for me. I just want at least one of each type of cars and I'm good.

Also there doesn't seem to be a pre-order upgrade option like there was for Destiny on PS4 which greatly help me resist the temptation lol

RyudBoy

Yes, that bothered me in Forza 5. Glad to see they fixed it for this game.

Also, you're playing the game wrong. Turn off all of the HUD!

Someone tell me how I don't need the Season Pass. Bank account am cry.
How much is the ability to pick and choose the quality of each car pack by your own standards worth to you? How much do you like season passes?

If the discount is worth more than your capacity for choice, or you'd like to see even more season passes with more exclusive content tied to them, go for it.

FordGTGuy

Banned
How much is the ability to pick and choose the quality of each car pack by your own standards worth to you? How much do you like season passes?

If the discount is worth more than your capacity for choice, or you'd like to see even more season passes with more exclusive content tied to them, go for it.

y6EyUi0.jpg

DD

For some weird reason, as much as I love racing games, I kinda don't care about the cars lol.

I bought the deluxe edition of Horizon 2 cause as long as I have a coupld dozens of cars then I'm good.

This doesn't really apply to Horizon but for a game like FM, the tracks are so much more important than the cars for me. I just want at least one of each type of cars and I'm good.

Also there doesn't seem to be a pre-order upgrade option like there was for Destiny on PS4 which greatly help me resist the temptation lol
I'm with you, bro. It's not that I don't care about the cars (hell, I do), but tracks is what matters in a race game. I think that they get wrong the ideia, to say that it's about the cars. It shouldn't be about the cars. It should be about what you can do with the cars, the places it can take you; It should be about freedom, and I'm not saying that all racing games should be open world. No. Id easely trade a 500 cars list to a (well chosen) 50 cars list if that meant a track list up to 50 or 60 circuits in a racing game Like Forza Motorsport.

Ape

Banned
Just think about it for the price of not eating for three days you get 6 months of cars!

How can you say no!

Don't forget Season Pass owners get this exclusively:

N84tUND.jpg

Something looks off about that car, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the lighting. I hope they fix it in FH3.

klodeckel

Banned
Ultimate Edition Pre-Loading: Done.
NeoGAF Car Club registration: Done.
Telling girlfriend that in the coming weeks I will need some time for my own: Done.
Vacation from 09/29-10/03: Done.

My life is ready.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Ultimate Edition Pre-Loading: Done.
NeoGAF Car Club registration: Done.
Telling girlfriend that in the coming weeks I will need some time for my own: Done.
Vacation from 09/29-10/03: Done.

My life is ready.

I read all of that in the voice of Conker.

Now I'm imagining your girlfriend is a flower with huge knockers.

When do we get DLNA support on the Xbox again?

Because this is the game I'll use it for the most, by far, and then some. And please tell me that we won't have to keep the app snapped up on screen to do it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

You realise the idea of choice is just an illusion? They carefully create the car packs to appeal to as broad a range of people as possible. The downside being that any one pack might only have one or two of your favorite cars. So to get a range of your faves you need to buy most packs anyway

watership

The first is a game error where the geometry data has an error of some kind and doesn't apply the normal curvature and so forth. Since the geometry is fixed in the game they will either fix it, or that one small area will always have the triangle.

The second video had me laughing. The engine didn't turn some of the 2d trees into a 3d ones when you got near. Almost like popin the engine find out where you are and performs the change and it didn't there ha.

I saw that once before when crashing through some trees when I got some air. I spent about 2 hours trying to replicate the tree bug/geometric trick. Finally got it in the link below. I tried the same path another time, and I never saw it. I guess a certain set of circumstances have to occur for the game to glitch that out.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...ship&vid=0216c429-2daf-47b1-9cb4-44865f46ab98

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When do we get DLNA support on the Xbox again?

Because this is the game I'll use it for the most, by far, and then some. And please tell me that we won't have to keep the app snapped up on screen to do it.

Preview has it now :)
But you need to keep it snapped to play music :(

FordGTGuy

Banned
You realise the idea of choice is just an illusion? They carefully create the car packs to appeal to as broad a range of people as possible. The downside being that any one pack might only have one or two of your favorite cars. So to get a range of your faves you need to buy most packs anyway

All I have to add to this statement of fact is that sometimes the cars you think you don't want might end up being the best in the pack and the ones you love aren't as great as you thought.

This has happened to me before, it's like going to a buffet and only eating what you know you like and sometimes it's nice to try new things. You never know what you might love next and that's whats great about car packs that are designed to by broad and full of great cars from all different types of manufacturers, countries and decades.

Yep, this needs fixed and quickly.

Been cherry picking DLC cars from the get-go. Works for me. And I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen one car pack where I wanted every single car in the pack - that pack I bought whole.

I buy my cars like I buy my music. But again, that's what works for me.

Dammit. You have the technology MS, do the right thing here. Aren't there apps that still work when unsnapped? Twitch maybe?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Been cherry picking DLC cars from the get-go. Works for me. And I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen one car pack where I wanted every single car in the pack - that pack I bought whole.

I buy my cars like I buy my music. But again, that's what works for me.

Dammit. You have the technology MS, do the right thing here. Aren't there apps that still work when unsnapped? Twitch maybe?

Oh I see- you do alc cars. That's fine, but forza 5 has quite a few great cars tied to packs :/

shandy706

Some random gifs I had left over.

Love the shadowing on the field of crops on the right. Cloud shadow too perhaps.

i259agQ9BPsF1.gif

That trashcan detail...lol

ix45SLAUmJeMC.gif

Just cruising

ib04YvAdHemhSE.gif

Top Bottom