• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Caayn

Any reason for the release date being 02.10.14 for european players?
02-10 is a Friday where as 30-09 is a Tuesday, Friday is the normal release day for retail games in the EU and Tuesday is that day for the USA (due to logistics). And as Microsoft wants to stay friends with those retailers... 1 + 1= 2 ;)

It's not optimal yet but at least it's better than release dates pre-Xbox 360.

iJudged

Banned
on a serious note...
YEGWD4.gif

TheKeyPit

Banned
02-10 is a Friday where as 30-09 is a Tuesday, Friday is the normal release day for retail games in the EU and Tuesday is that day for the USA (due to logistics). And as Microsoft wants to stay friends with those retailers... 1 + 1= 2 ;)

It's not optimal yet but at least it's better than release dates pre-Xbox 360.

Ubisoft often pushed for the same date. Don't get why this could not be the norm.

ZyPwzg.gif

So the settings are similar but there's no Rally Di Positano for sure?

Haven't really looked at map in detail.

There's a stretch of road in Castelletto that's very reminiscent of several corners from one of the shorter Amalfi ribbons in FM3/4; perhaps there will be other familiar bits spread across the full map.

Thank God.. the "Rally Di Signature" like me and my friend used to call it (the map looks like somebody's weird signature) is terrible.

Yeah, endless hairpins don't make for an exciting drive, and it's also why I've never been able to understand the hard-on people have for the Stelvio Pass. Pretty to look at, sure, but shitty to drive, I'd bet.

Megasoum

Banned
In some car classes it was a nightmare, paired with a lower class it was a great track.

Reminded me of the original Sega Rally.

I would take the whole camino complex over the Rally... It's in the same region too.

I really hope they bring back more fictional tracks in FM6. Especially Maple Valley and Sunset... Those were really missed in FM5.

Klocker

one thing I noticed, in cockpit view the engine and ambient sounds are almost as rich as outside the car (at least bonnet)

Where as in F5 the cockpit sounds were far too muffed to enjoy properly in dashcam... FH2 are not nearly as muffled... me likey!

ShogunX

Relieved to see a new fresh golf course has made it's way in to FH2, Infected wouldn't be the same without the stupidity of a nice golf course. Looks like the new one even has a bit of water to mix things up :)

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
If I hit myself in the head with a brick, how much force do you think it'll take to get me into a coma for about 12 days?

benjarnin

Neo Member
Quick question.
Does the $25 car pass unlock cars that you can unlock through the game or are they dlc exclusives?

Also whats the difference between the car pass and the vip membership?

Quick question.
Does the $25 car pass unlock cars that you can unlock through the game or are they dlc exclusives?

Also whats the difference between the car pass and the vip membership?

A) DLC. Car pass is basically buying 6 DLC car packs in a bundle

B) Car Pass gives you 31 DLC cars (30 from DLC plus Noble available on launch I guess), Vip gives you 5 different cars and some other stuff (double XP, unique Rivals events)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fun fact... I actually don't think I've ever done a single oval race in my life.

Edit: No wait, there was a couple of oval events in FM3... That's it.

fun fact, i routinely get out of first gear on positano full ;)

I know this might be a bit of a stretch and the logistics are a bit complex but how cool would it be to have a FM5/FH2 Crossover online championship where you pick cars that are available in both Games to have circuit and street circuit racing?
Also Evo X joyridin'
http://youtu.be/6vPDD6O7SPY

VRMN

Loved the demo. Was going to hold off on preordering, but then I saw today that the Ultimate version was $10 off and went "okay, I'm in." So I got the game, car pass, and VIP membership for $90. Not bad, in my mind.

Top Bottom