• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Megasoum

Banned
fbf146d521509678306fd828b82b6f8458c28c5f92c013b11c4705762635be24.jpg

So how's that vine going?

Downloaded the demo last night, GIFs look glorious! If last gen was any indication I'll enjoy this more than F4.

Is this game confirmed at 1080p/30fps?

I wish we could skip that opening cinematic - rather strange that we can't actually.

Might be there to help mask initial world loading and such. It's only a minute or so, anyway, but I can't think of why I'd want to stare at a loading screen with gameplay tips cycling through which is how most games do it today.

E92 M3

Might be there to help mask initial world loading and such. It's only a minute or so, anyway, but I can't think of why I'd want to stare at a loading screen with gameplay tips cycling through which is how most games do it today.

You can't skip anything in the demo.

Luckily you can play it for a while and then keep it suspended. Works especially for me since the xbox is my Forzabox.

I skip around between Destiny and Forza and the initial cinematic, while nice, is kinda of like a roadblock of fun. Either way it's not that bad. Just a small issue.

eso76

amalfi will be happy.

Yeah, FH2 basically is my dream racer come true in terms of locations.
They managed to squeeze amalfi, Tuscany and the cote d'Azur in a single, large, free roaming world.
The driving game I always dreamed of has finally been made, I can't not buy it. Might as well turn in my gamer badge if I don't.

anthonyOA

I know this is probably a complete other thread but I honestly think that after this Microsoft should commission Playground to make a tight city racer next. With more focused tracks and locations I think we could get this gens true PGR out of them.

jesu

I'll ask in here because it's the most active thread...

In the full game, if you have the VIP pass or Car Pass do those DLC cars still have to be bought in game?Or do they go straight to your garage?

I'm pondering whether or not to upgrade my order...

I know this is probably a complete other thread but I honestly think that after this Microsoft should commission Playground to make a tight city racer next. With more focused tracks and locations I think we could get this gens true PGR out of them.

No need for a whole new game...Horizon is already the most PGR-like design available. Just spam them with wishes for city DLC. Hell, there are videos from various FH2 showings that already have city-focused races that remind me completely of PGR to begin with. They can get on that PGR DLC just as soon as they get done with the RSC DLC.

VRMN

In the full game, if you have the VIP pass or Car Pass do those DLC cars still have to be bought in game?Or do they go straight to your garage?

In most Forza games, you still have to buy with in game credits. Forza 5 changed that in one of its patches. Not sure if it's going to follow that playbook or not.

In most Forza games, you still have to buy with in game credits. Forza 5 changed that in one of its patches. Not sure if it's going to follow that playbook or not.
If its a Forza game I'd expect it to follow the new script. Damn I hope so.

Forza 5 reversed a lot of that stuff, and buying DLC cars puts them in your storefront (not your garage), but they're free - technically you only get the first instance of each car for free - additional copies cost credits. So that's as good as free.

Man what do you think the chances are that Forza Horizon 3 will be set in Japan? I think that might be the perfect game for me. A little Tokyo highway driving, some mountain roads, maybe some special events at Tsukuba Circuit or Fuji Speedway, that is my dream game. Oh yeah and the main hub of the "event" would be the Daikoku Futo highway rest stop. Oh man that would be awesome.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Man what do you think the chances are that Forza Horizon 3 will be set in Japan? I think that might be the perfect game for me. A little Tokyo highway driving, some mountain roads, maybe some special events at Tsukuba Circuit or Fuji Speedway, that is my dream game. Oh yeah and the main hub of the "event" would be the Daikoku Futo highway rest stop. Oh man that would be awesome.

Dan Greenwald PMed me last week and said FH3 would be set in Australia and your cars will be able to transform into mechs to fight giant spiders, snakes and koalas.

It's true

Dan Greenwald PMed me last week and said FH3 would be set in Australia and your cars will be able to transform into mechs to fight giant spiders, snakes and koalas.

It's true

I'm down for Australia, sure. But I'm just saying, Japan has a car culture rivaling America and Europe, and actually has a good variety of roads and scenery that would make for a really fun backdrop for the series. Plus, Genki Racing Project stopped making Tokyo Xtreme Racer games (or existing, really) so a Forza Horizon in Japan would be the closest thing I could get for my dream game.

Klocker

Can't stop just messing around on this demo.

i6orpTPZi9Idr.gif

Even the camp fire glows on objects.

wait... you can leave that Race and free roam in the Lambo?

Man I hope they added some customizing features to the garage, like I want to be able to group my cars in any order and sort the view of my garage (not just sort for searching) like in FM4. FM5 dropped the customization as did FH so I doubt it but man I am hoping

arhra

From the forzamotorsport.net article that announced the VIP/car pass/etc stuff:

As in Forza Motorsport 5, each purchased add-on car can be added to your in-game garage one time for free – without additional in-game credits.

Well, they apparently had some thirty or so locations they considered for the first game (maybe somewhat lower now, since they can aim to do larger areas and possibly combine some locations; the south of France and northern Italy were apparently considered as separate locations for the first game, before they combined them for the sequel), so I'd imagine it's on their list somewhere. An Asian location would make a certain amount of sense after doing America in the first game and Europe in the second.

Lettuce

So what version are people going with, is the Ultimate version worth it over the Deluxe version, you get the extra 6 DLC packs for like £8!?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
https://yhpi2q.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y2p7oKZnsb_uH-7eIagcDBDOS6b7uwIC2KyZE_5fICC_a9cxK6yCYUY_GpoV48ZyG3qpQuBhbl8ev9Qb9QeJuhY2O9LFQ7CdVh2CxTfyZqVz7s/fh21.gif?psid=1[/MG]

Best Cockpit view ever[/QUOTE]
Turn off the HUD, you are doing it wrong.

I think I know what has me not quite vibing with this demo.

* I was expecting something more along the lines of Forza 5, but open world. I'm not talking physics so much as visuals and sound and total feel. Its not though - its Forza Horizon 1 uprezzed and expanded, and while it looks nice I don't get as great a sense of beauty and speed as in Forza 5's Mount Panorama or Prague or Long Beach.

* Horizon 2 has the same flat monocolor off-road trails as the first game. That was fine in Horizon 1, until the Rally expansion came out and so completely and utterly upgraded every aspect of those trails - they became lush, and filled with variation and color and sound and feel. To see the Horizon 1 pre-rally off-road trails here is a huge letdown. I figured that next gen power would give us at least the rally expansion level of trails.

Along those lines, the off-roading here seems to be of the completely-off-the-hook and off-the-trail variety, which while nice is pretty random, and can't replicate the high points of Horizon 1 rally at all. If anything the demo feel like a much better take on Test Drive Unlimited 2. The demo also doesn't include much off-roading in terms of trails at all - just lots and lots of open fields and trees to charge through like a rhino.

Am I just being weird?

On the positive side, the suspend-resume did work for me this time, so I was able to jump right back in and have some nice free-roaming, off and online.

Wow. These are my thoughts exactly.

TDU was in my head the whole time.

An Asian location would make a certain amount of sense after doing America in the first game and Europe in the second.

And if they do set it in Japan, with Horizon's vibrant beauty it just might be the one game that makes Japanese gamers buy an Xbox One.

So what version are people going with, is the Ultimate version worth it over the Deluxe version, you get the extra 6 DLC packs for like £8!?

I have the physical copy on the way, and I bought all the DLC.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I just discovered that this demo has controller vibration at 50% by default.

Start -> Settings -> Controls -> Advanced(press X)

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside: 0

Steering Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 0

Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 10

Deceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside: 10

Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

E-Brake Axis Deadzone Inside: 10

E-Brake Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

Vibration Scale: 100

Start -> Settings -> Audio

Radio Volume: 1

SFX Volume: 8

Voice Over Volume: 8

Car Volume: 10

Tires Volume: 10

GPS Voice: Off

Radio DJ: Off

Start -> Settings -> HUD

Map: MiniMap Only

Lap Time and Position: Off

Wrong Way Warning: Off

Names Over Cars: Off

Speedometer: Off

Units: Default

Ghosts: Off

Skills: Off

Start -> Settings -> Controls

Layout: Default Layout 1

Vibration: On

Switch Gear Up / Down: Off

Switch E-Brake / Clutch: On

Switch Look Back / Camera: Off

Start -> Settings -> Difficulty

Game Difficulty: Custom

Braking: ABS Off

Steering: Simulation

Traction Control: Off

Stability Control: Off

Shifting: Manual w/Clutch

Driving: Off

Damage & Tire Wear: Cosmetic

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man I decided not to download this demo and just wait for the final game in 10days. But damn you guys for all these awesome gifs.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I just discovered that this demo has controller vibration at 50% by default.

Start -> Settings -> Controls -> Advanced(press X)

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside: 0

Steering Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 0

Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 10

Deceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside: 10

Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

E-Brake Axis Deadzone Inside: 10

E-Brake Axis Deadzone Outside: 100

Vibration Scale: 100

Start -> Settings -> Audio

Radio Volume: 1

SFX Volume: 8

Voice Over Volume: 8

Car Volume: 10

Tires Volume: 10

GPS Voice: Off

Radio DJ: Off

Start -> Settings -> HUD

Map: MiniMap Only

Lap Time and Position: Off

Wrong Way Warning: Off

Names Over Cars: Off

Speedometer: Off

Units: Default

Ghosts: Off

Skills: Off

Start -> Settings -> Controls

Layout: Default Layout 1

Vibration: On

Switch Gear Up / Down: Off

Switch E-Brake / Clutch: On

Switch Look Back / Camera: Off

Start -> Settings -> Difficulty

Game Difficulty: Custom

Braking: ABS Off

Steering: Simulation

Traction Control: Off

Stability Control: Off

Shifting: Manual w/Clutch

Driving: Off

Damage & Tire Wear: Cosmetic

had no idea there were advanced settings. nice!

also, did they remove the controller layout with the clutch as "a" and gear changing as "x" and "b"?

Top Bottom