• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Lol I know right. I've seen it before where people have predicted a demo or DLC is coming to the marketplace at a certain time and nothing appears that evening. I'll check back here at the time rather than waiting on the Xbox.

Well its either gonna be there after 8:01PM EST or not gomna be there until tomorrow. Seeing how I got FIFA 15 demo and Minecraft the day before their launch at 8PM EST, Id wager this is the same.

Amir0x

Banned
God I am going to my friends house to play this demo tomorrow, fuck the wait. I need to try this shit out. I need it SO BAD.

Amir0x

Banned
God is there anything more awesome in racing games aesthetically than a dusk sky with fireworks everywhere?

The sense of freedom this game has is fucking immense. I am giddy with joy just from watching the video, I can't even imagine how much magnified it'll be when one actually plays it.

I need this in my life like I need my lungs.

Hawk269

God is there anything more awesome in racing games aesthetically than a dusk sky with fireworks everywhere?

The sense of freedom this game has is fucking immense. I am giddy with joy just from watching the video, I can't even imagine how much magnified it'll be when one actually plays it.

I need this in my life like I need my lungs.

Can't remember, but do you have a Xbox One yet? Is this the game that will push you over the edge and finally get one if you don't already have one?

I did not know until I watched that Youtube video that the wipers worked and actually moved the rain away. It looked great!

Hawk269

why does this look so much better visually than forza 5?

did turn 10 fuck up?

Forza 5 was 1080p/60fps Rock Solid. Takes a lot of the system resources to pull off 1080p and 60fps. FH2 is 1080p/30fps but using a modified/enhanced Forza 5 engine.

And beaten by FordGTGuy lol!!!

Bsigg12

did turn 10 fuck up?

No, Turn 10 was working with a moving target with a not yet launched Xbox One. Playground is benefiting from a) more mature tools and engine b) help from Turn10 on the engine and c) locking it at 30 fps rather than 60.

did turn 10 fuck up?

Probably because 1-2 more years of development, and 30fps. As much as people say that open world = 30 fps automatically on consoles, open world racers is more of a gray area. There is a lot more inanimate and static objects in racers than in an open world game like GTA 5 for example. I think and expect that forza horizon 4, not 3, maybe 3, should have 60fps open world.

10:30 onwards when they're going up the hill in cockpit view. Looks amazing.
Never owned Xbox so I didn't have a chance to try out first Horizon, so forgive me for totaly newbie question - is there much difference between car handling on and off-road in Horizon games?

Anyways, this looks really nice (Southern Europe + nice cars + open world = can I play it now, pretty please?). If I ever get Xbox One, this is certainly going to be on my to-play-asap list, along with Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound.

I'll take getting two copies for $60 over any pre-order bonus by going digital.

Since launch me and my brother have probably saved somewhere around $500+.

He is referring to when they launched Minecraft early at 8 PM EST, I wouldn't expect a repeat.

I also got FIFA 15 demo that way and I believe NHL 15 demo as well. Oh well, 3 minutes to find out.

RoKKeR

10:30 onwards when they're going up the hill in cockpit view. Looks amazing.
Here
fortzdburu.gif

This game, holy shit.

It has become my most hyped game of the year no doubt.

Amir0x

Banned
Can't remember, but do you have a Xbox One yet? Is this the game that will push you over the edge and finally get one if you don't already have one?

I did not know until I watched that Youtube video that the wipers worked and actually moved the rain away. It looked great!

Not yet, but by all indications it looks like this year might be the one. If I was online in time for that deal Microsoft was offering on their store I would already have one, that was the right collection of deals for me to buy-in.

Since the deals keep persistently being good for XBO, I can't imagine it won't hit my desired goal. It's $299.99 straight up, or whatever price + deals to make it $299.99 essentially anyway. So for example

$299.99
or
$399.99 + Sunset Overdrive + Year of XBL
or
$399.99 + Sunset Overdrive + Forza Horizon 2

or any other such combination. Just gotta be games I want in the bundle. I'm so close now, Hawk. I can taste it. I'm pretty sure I'll have one by the end of Black Friday with the way the deals are already shaping up. Shit, actually, if you guys could do me the favor of PM-ing me when you see such a deal, I'd appreciate it. I keep barely missing out on the amazing deals that are in my "just right" territory, so any help is appreciated. I work a lot and miss these deals a lot of the time. :(

strata8

iN5oLsEJ0KAwZ.gif

ielMyY1GEgEOf.gif

Does going off the track just not slow you down at all?

No, it didn't in the first game either.

But bear in mind that the races with sports cars flying over fields are set up like that. Essentially a point-to-point with long sweeping turns because there's a handling penalty. From what I've heard circuit races are designed so you can only cut small corners, and if it's anything like Horizon 1 the real off-road races will be set on tighter dirt tracks that require a 4WD/AWD.

Hawk269

Not yet, but by all indications it looks like this year might be the one. If I was online in time for that deal Microsoft was offering on their store I would already have one, that was the right collection of deals for me to buy-in.

Since the deals keep persistently being good for XBO, I can't imagine it won't hit my desired goal. It's $299.99 straight up, or whatever price + deals to make it $299.99 essentially anyway. So for example

$299.99
or
$399.99 + Sunset Overdrive + Year of XBL
or
$399.99 + Sunset Overdrive + Forza Horizon 2

or any other such combination. Just gotta be games I want in the bundle. I'm so close now, Hawk. I can taste it. I'm pretty sure I'll have one by the end of Black Friday with the way the deals are already shaping up. Shit, actually, if you guys could do me the favor of PM-ing me when you see such a deal, I'd appreciate it. I keep barely missing out on the amazing deals that are in my "just right" territory, so any help is appreciated. I work a lot and miss these deals a lot of the time. :(

Gotcha!

SO is another I am really looking forward too as well, but Forza Horizon 2 is what I really want. The first game was so, so good and this one just seems to take everything to the next level. The only thing that seems a little iffy is that these high performance cars don't seem to slow down or have much impact going off-road, but that is something I am not 100% on until I play the demo to be sure.

p3tran

Banned
iN5oLsEJ0KAwZ.gif

ielMyY1GEgEOf.gif

No, it didn't in the first game either.

But bear in mind that the races with sports cars flying over fields are set up like that. Essentially a point-to-point with long sweeping turns because there's a handling penalty. From what I've heard circuit races are designed so you can only cut small corners, and if it's anything like Horizon 1 the real off-road races will be set on tighter dirt tracks that require a 4WD/AWD.

being on road and on grass does make a difference in horizon 1. and I'm sure of that because I played some just today.

horizon 2 also brings the fm5 damage system, and this combined with tuning should offer some very interesting gameplay options.

Top Bottom