• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

DeLorean_Launch.gif

what the fuck...

WHAT DA FUCK IS THIS?!?!?!

*goes to wiki page*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

D:

OT title should have been: Forza Horizons 2 [OT] Where we're going, we don't need roads...

hwy_61

Banned
So, what everybody's strategy for car upgrades with these games? Stick with one car and upgrade the shit out of it? Use the initial crappy car and ditch it quick for something cooler? What? I wanna know.

Raven77

Yup! The line can be completely turned off as can the HUD. It is usually one of the first things I do when I get the game.

Sweeeeet!!!

God I can't wait for this. I have always dreamed of a well executed racing title that just says "get from point a to point b the fastest, go anywhere you want".

Another question:

Does this game have a "track editor" where you can lay down check points for online races to create your own "courses"??? Sweet mother of God if you guys say yes I may just fall out of my chair...

Pathos

Banned
Pretty sad that the title had to be changed because console warz
I still haven't even gotten to try the demo yet, fuck school :(

Sweeeeet!!!

God I can't wait for this. I have always dreamed of a well executed racing title that just says "get from point a to point b the fastest, go anywhere you want".

Another question:

Does this game have a "track editor" where you can lay down check points for online races to create your own "courses"??? Sweet mother of God if you guys say yes I may just fall out of my chair...

I hope to god there is an option for that. There are supposed to be "cross country" type races you can do online, but I would LOVE to be able to create our own "Gumball Rally" style of races.

Ndless

Banned
Will there be a bundle for this game? I'm literally watching a like-new XBO on eBay right now. I'll pull the trigger, I swear to god! Anghhh

I need this game.

hwy_61

Banned
Will there be a bundle for this game? I'm literally watching a like-new XBO on eBay right now. I'll pull the trigger, I swear to god! Anghhh

I need this game.

May wanna wait till the holidays then. There will most definitely be a bundle that will probably include this game.

arhra

So if you're planning on getting the full game and you haven't played the demo yet, you might want to get on it:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_vip?ocid=Forza_Social_Twitter&cid=Forza_Social_Twitter

Demo/Pre-Download Available Now

We’ve saved the best for last: the Forza Horizon 2 demo for Xbox One is here! Starting today you can download the demo for the game on Xbox Live and get a tantalizing taste for the game we’ll all be playing starting on September 30. Everyone who plays the Forza Horizon 2 demo on Xbox One will also receive a gift car in the full version of Horizon 2 – the 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. In order to get the car, players must do the following:

· Download the Forza Horizon 2 demo on Xbox One
· Complete at least one event in the demo by Oct. 31, 2014
· Purchase the full version of Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One. The car will be added to the player’s garage in the full version of Forza Horizon 2.

NOTE: This offer ends on Oct. 31. Please allow for up to a week between completing the demo and the addition of the car to your Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One garage

I noticed in the demo that turning all the HUD elements off didn't wholly work. Some skill based stuff still appeared such as "skill chain". I hope this is fixed in the release.

I noticed in the demo that turning all the HUD elements off didn't wholly work. Some skill based stuff still appeared such as "skill chain". I hope this is fixed in the release.

You can turn that off. There is an option toward the end of the HUD list that will turn those off.

So, what everybody's strategy for car upgrades with these games? Stick with one car and upgrade the shit out of it? Use the initial crappy car and ditch it quick for something cooler? What? I wanna know.

Usually it's not recommended to upgrade a car too much. In other Forza there was a sort-of rule of thumb that it was best to stay within 2 classes from the original PI (so F to D, E to C, B to S). Besides, with the possibility of getting a new car for every level up (if you're lucky) + the guaranteed reward cars from beating showcases you're not likely to stay with the same car for a long time.

As for upgrades themselves, weight reduction has top priority (improves everything for a cheap price with no downsides). Then depending on car it's either tires/brakes/suspension (for grip) or engine/gearbox (for speed).

Matriox

Kind of an impulse buy but I want to be ready for this game. What do you guys think?

ibmbW1uYJh4JW2.png

I mean I think its worth buying an Xbox one personally, this coming from someone that has been primarily playing is PS4. Too many outstanding looking games coming out to ignore IMO. Go for it!

EDIT: I wouldn't want to deal with black friday shinanigans personally.. Besides, whatever value you save, be it $50 or less, I feel like you can make up with 2 months of time to play games. Especially FH2 if you're really looking forward to it and its as good as it looks.

I dunno if you guys are in the US, but even though Black Friday has gotten a little bigger here in Canada, I don't really recall ever seeing big sales on game consoles. Sometimes you get a good bundle or discounts on the games themselves, but not low-margin products.

I mean, I've been loving my Xbox One, but I would had highly suggested that you had picked it up two weeks ago

What happened 2 weeks ago?

Nista

I have a physical copy ordered from Amazon, but I'm debating getting the Ultimate digital version now. Am I crazy?

Also going to have that Classical station on 24/7. It gives the offroading a touch of class. (Also less distracting than electronica to me)

I dunno if you guys are in the US, but even though Black Friday has gotten a little bigger here in Canada, I don't really recall ever seeing big sales on game consoles. Sometimes you get a good bundle or discounts on the games themselves, but not low-margin products.

I didn't even notice it was BB Canada.

If that's the case, might as go for it. Or maybe wait until the white unit hits. You might get a decent deal on that or get a better deal on a standard unit with a couple of games bundled.

Top Bottom