• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

sector4

All those radio stations and no hip hop? I wish custom soundtracks were still a thing like i Project Gotham / RalliSport.

Demo was so solid though, can't wait!

Noobcraft

All those radio stations and no hip hop? I wish custom soundtracks were still a thing like i Project Gotham / RalliSport.

You can snap Pandora radio in internet explorer while playing Forza Horizon 2... I've done it in other games

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I'm gonna guess the metacritic score: 88.

I'm thinking 84.

I'm gonna be incredibly happy if people like it enough to earn it a 90 on Metacritic/Gamerankings, but realistically, I think below 85 at best.

87. Reviewers will probably knock it for the "story" portions of the game but find the gameplay and content solid.

If the XB1 version of this game gets anything lower than a 94 metacritic, I will let you all pee into my mouth!*

This is totally not a ban bet so I reserve the right to change my position about penalties :-\

Hip Hop

People just don't like me.

Reason why I will mute the radio once I get the game.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

Not enough pop hip hop songs, that have clean edits, that would be safe.

A sad / funny (?), I was reading through the list of radio stations and noticing no hip hop sounding stations or tracks that jumped out at me and then I got to Ninja radio... and I swear I felt this hot rage of blood rushing into my head as I had the gut reaction... "So its like that huh?" until I read the description and realized this was not what I thought it was.
Given I live in the US, I've been on edge abut racism lately.

What have I done GAF!! Kudos to the poster who suggested I get best buy to price match, snagged this thing for 350!

rq7xgRjh.jpg

shandy706

Argh! I hate being so late to the OT. 12 hours in the field, near a low point, next to a lake today at work.

Nearly ZERO cell coverage. :(

So glad the game is almost here.

Awesome! Congrats Dude! 6 more days!

Can't wait, downloading the demo right now. And trying to figure out how to navigate the OS and menus...haha. It's quite different from what I'm used to on my ps4. How come the "home screen" always seems to show an open window of something I was just doing? I won't ask too many questions as I know this is a FH2 thread and not a new Xbox owner thread

Noobcraft

Can't wait, downloading the demo right now. And trying to figure out how to navigate the OS and menus...haha. It's quite different from what I'm used to on my ps4. How come the "home screen" always seems to show an open window of something I was just doing? I won't ask too many questions as I know this is a FH2 thread and not a new Xbox owner thread
Suspend/resume, the last open app keeps running until you close it or do something else to keep things quick. It will keep running when the console is in standby too so you can hop straight back into whatever you were doing.

The intro to the demo is so slick. These guys are great at presentation. Can't wait to dig into the whole experience.

I'm hoping there are some real dirt rally tracks.

Somnia

Ugh I'm re-buying my xbox here soon (long story around titanfall time I had to sell it) and was hoping for a good deal, but I missed out on the get a free game promo and I don't see any real good deals coming up... I know I should wait for the sunset bundle or black friday, but I HAVE TO HAVE FORZA.

statham

I'll be honest, the OS does take some time, but once you get used to it, its second nature. Setting can be found on the 3 line button anytime you want. You will use that alot in the beginning.

Chorazin

Got my preload for the digital Ultimate Edition downloaded, just waiting for the unlock! I'm so hyped!

I'm definitely feeling a cold coming on in 7 days.....

I suggest pinning settings right from the start. Pinning things makes them much easier to access. I personally think they should pin settings by default.

I suggest pinning settings right from the start. Pinning things makes them much easier to access. I personally think they should pin settings by default.

Will do. Is there a way to unpin netflix? It's not even installed but it shows on the screen. How do I close an app thats running?

And I guess if you guys could point me to an "official new xbox owners thread" that would be great so i can ask more questions without clogging up this one.

The FH2 demo is taking a long time to install - or does "installing" just mean "downloading"?

VinFTW

Will do. Is there a way to unpin netflix? It's not even installed but it shows on the screen. How do I close an app thats running?

And I guess if you guys could point me to an "official new xbox owners thread" that would be great so i can ask more questions without clogging up this one.

The FH2 demo is taking a long time to install - or does "installing" just mean "downloading"?

The "start" button usually always does the trick when highlighting stuff.

arhra

The menu button (three lines; the button formerly known as Start) is your friend - in the OS and apps, it usually brings up a context-sensitive menu with relevant options for whatever you've got selected. Think of it as like right-clicking.

So that works for managing pins*, quitting running apps, shortcuts to various ways to interact with friends, etc.

And yeah, "installing" for digital downloads is downloading, there are no separate download/install steps.

* Although for managing pins, Smartglass is a better option, as it lets you just press and hold and re-order them freely.

Enilced2

I didn't want to even touch the demo but I did now this last week is going to take so damn long! I shouldn't have gotten that first taste

GoxRx

I'm gonna pre-load the game today because my internet sucks and it gonna take some time. Horizon, here I go.

THIS DEMO!! WOW!! Surpassed all my expectations. You can definitely see some of the cross-gen-ification (wet roads look decent but the wet clouds behind the tires is rough) but overall the image quality is super clean and the scenery is gorgeous.

And that map looks massive - I was getting annoyed at the demo cutting me off but I know it's just meant to be a tease. So much fun just ripping through fields and finding unexpected trails. I don't have any friends with an XB1 or into racing games so I'm hoping ForzaGAF will accept me

THIS DEMO!! WOW!! Surpassed all my expectations. You can definitely see some of the cross-gen-ification (wet roads look decent but the wet clouds behind the tires is rough) but overall the image quality is super clean and the scenery is gorgeous.

And that map looks massive - I was getting annoyed at the demo cutting me off but I know it's just meant to be a tease. So much fun just ripping through fields and finding unexpected trails. I don't have any friends with an XB1 or into racing games so I'm hoping ForzaGAF will accept me

you can add me...Nyteshade517

LQX

Wow, cant believe the OT title offended that many. It was not even vulgar. What strange times we are in.

Top Bottom