• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
For body upgrades look in each section under the main "wing" upgrades. Although have not seen roof rally lights like in fh1 rally add on. Just basic bumper and flare stuff.... also go to designs and find new designs and. you can choose from many liveries

There also seems to be a glitch that when you upgrade a hardware part over a dl livery, it does not update on the car visually . You need to erase the livery and reselect it, it seems

Dang. So lights aren't in there? That is odd. I can't believe the game shipped without rally upgrades again.
I wound like to create Ken Block's Ford Feista. There is a livery available to download that is perfect but the car body itself is just basic stock.

And... Is there a way to modify a downloaded livery? I created my own license plate that I put on all my cars but I'm not brave enough to select "yes" when it asks me if I want to delete the downloaded livery to add another layer.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Pretty sure road discovery works on road trips but speed traps don't.

Shit. So I'm potentially doomed to drive around every road again? Even skipping those that have speed cameras that is still a lot. And the game shouldn't shade in roads unless they count as uncovered.

KePoW

Banned
Shit. So I'm potentially doomed to drive around every road again? Even skipping those that have speed cameras that is still a lot. And the game shouldn't shade in roads unless they count as uncovered.

Bessy said that road discovery counts.

Leonsito

Finally I started the game, I just arrived to Nice and unlocked the online capabilities along with the Forza rewards cars, but where are the dlc cars?

Gestault

Damn, I thought I might get away with it, but 314/315 roads :( removed all icons and still can't see anything wrong. Also showing 10/15 speed zones and not all speed cameras. How can I have missed them if the roads are all filled in??

You get credited for roads you were near, like off-road but close, and you only trigger the speed zones when you go straight through them. Also, if you break one of the speedzone sensors, it also doesn't count for triggering. I'm sort of fearful I'll run into something similar when I get closer to the end-game. I don't want to resort to maps online, lol

The Clio Williams is so fucking fun.

In other news, has anyone else noticed unusually high mileages on their cars? My F40, for one, has apparently logged several times as many miles as the stats screen says I've driven in total. Does mileage now include the work of your Drivatar as well? As others have noted, they seem to get around quite a lot more than they did in FM5.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How many cars do you need to photograph in total? Does the game generally feed you cars that you haven't shot yet? On 217 at the moment and tempted to just buy a few of the cheaper cars I haven't done yet to speed things up a bit

Hana-Bi

The Clio Williams is so fucking fun.

In other news, has anyone else noticed unusually high mileages on their cars? My F40, for one, has apparently logged several times as many miles as the stats screen says I've driven in total. Does mileage now include the work of your Drivatar as well? As others have noted, they seem to get around quite a lot more than they did in FM5.

How can you see the mileage of your car?

See, that's funny because I DESPISE the "cross country" races. I hate how they are set up, I hate how the AI cheats and I hate how they feel. I really thought I would like them, but they just don't "feel" good to me. I would rather have the races on the dirt roads a la rally then to do those stupid Cross Country races again.

Yeah, that is pretty annoying. Here's me, busting my balls trying to stop my car from spinning out, while also trying to drive through the checkpoints...and the AI just says "lol, fuck the rules" and misses them completely, without penalty.

BizzyBum

How many cars do you need to photograph in total? Does the game generally feed you cars that you haven't shot yet? On 217 at the moment and tempted to just buy a few of the cheaper cars I haven't done yet to speed things up a bit

I'm at like 246 now and it's pretty rare for me to spot a drivatar to snap. I figure as I keep doing more championships I'm bound to find more in races.

If a car in the game has a digital odometer it's normally functional.

Ah okay. I thought that there would be some more statistics in the game for your car in the menu. Like mileage, time driven, points with that particular car, etc.

Too bad. :(

There is.

Go to My Cars in the menu and select a car with A. It'll pull up the option for Car History. That'll give you mileage, time driven, and other stats.

Edit: And beaten.

Fox Mulder

See, that's funny because I DESPISE the "cross country" races. I hate how they are set up, I hate how the AI cheats and I hate how they feel. I really thought I would like them, but they just don't "feel" good to me. I would rather have the races on the dirt roads a la rally then to do those stupid Cross Country races again.

yeah, I prefer proper rally stages instead of sliding through fields and crashing through fences like pretzels.

but that's me.

Damn, I thought I might get away with it, but 314/315 roads :( removed all icons and still can't see anything wrong. Also showing 10/15 speed zones and not all speed cameras. How can I have missed them if the roads are all filled in??

you just have to comb the map real close looking for the spot you missed. It's always some tiny section or little intersection road or something.

I think TDU made road process color stand out more on the map, as a few spots blended in to the background for me in this game.

Brakara

Finally I started the game, I just arrived to Nice and unlocked the online capabilities along with the Forza rewards cars, but where are the dlc cars?

If you have downloaded the DLCs, go to buy cars and search for them. You need to "buy" them for 0 cr in order to get them into your garage.

The cars could use a window down option ala TDU. The cars sound different if you drive them from the third person view and I'm forced to drive some cars in this view sometimes just to really enjoy the engine sounds.

Coming from F5 I feel the engine sounds had more oomph to them from the cockpit in comparison . Also, F5 seems to have more rattling and noise in general. You can tell the difference in sounds when a car is upgraded in that game for instance with the louder exhaust and blow-off valves.

I second those who think they should have a tighter story with more cut scenes and such. Perhaps and option to skip the scenes for those who don't care for such things but nevertheless.

Still enjoying the game immensely though.

So I can't beat the bucket list challenge where you drive the Mini Cooper and have to reach 113km/h through the speed trap/zone. Multiple times I have been sitting around 114/115km/h as I get to the line then it just instantly drops to 111km/h even though I didn't slow down, then on top of that it says I failed by 4km/h when even if I was doing 111km/h that is only 2km/h slower. No idea what is going on but it is frustrating as hell. I have a video on my profile, if I can work out how to upload it somewhere I will.

Liamc723

I just finished the Horizon Finale, jesus that was a long race!

Overall the game is pretty fun, but it got a little boring towards the end.

So I can't beat the bucket list challenge where you drive the Mini Cooper and have to reach 113km/h through the speed trap/zone. Multiple times I have been sitting around 114/115km/h as I get to the line then it just instantly drops to 111km/h even though I didn't slow down, then on top of that it says I failed by 4km/h when even if I was doing 111km/h that is only 2km/h slower. No idea what is going on but it is frustrating as hell. I have a video on my profile, if I can work out how to upload it somewhere I will.

Here are your videos: http://www.xboxclips.com/videos.php?gamertag=DreWz12000

Here's the particular clip: http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...2000&vid=2887a616-18d9-4b7b-85f4-72115a253764

I had this issue as well. I started to feel like it was bugged, and maybe it is, but I finally hit on the tenth try or so.

Bessy67

For the LaFerrari bucket list challenge do you have to drift around the hairpin? I've tried a couple times and can't maintain enough speed taking the turn normally.

psychotron

Just finished playing for the night and wanted to say again how much I love this damn game. No freezes at all tonight. This game is so much fun my wife has to yell at me to stop so we can watch our tv shows, lol. Helios, thanks for this!

_DrMario_

Don't follow the GPS.

skyfinch

Im in love with this game. love forza motorsport, but ever since fm3, my time with that series is slowly declining. guess Im getting old or something. Anyway, love the fact that you can do more than just race around a track.

Cant believe what Turn10 are able to achieve with their fm games, and now playground games with their fh series in such short amount of development time. Give either of these teams more than two years and it is scary to thinkwhat they can do.

goty for me.

RawNuts

Take the road that leads straight into the speed zone, rather than the one that makes you turn into it.

Top Bottom