• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

What's the fastest way to earn money in this game without cheating? I want those top-tier cars, but I always end up buying a new car for each championship and upgrading it to the max with the money I earned from the last championship, so I'm left with very little.

Krilekk

Banned
What's the fastest way to earn money in this game without cheating? I want those top-tier cars, but I always end up buying a new car for each championship and upgrading it to the max with the money I earned from the last championship, so I'm left with very little.

Rivals. Select a track, beat the rival but only by one second or so. Get the next rival, rinse and repeat. Should give you about 10k CR every three minutes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just done the finale and cleared the first bucket list. What now? Can I just choose any area for the next event and carry on?

I don't think I'll bother with xp boards and speed traps unless I look them up online. For the speed traps I'd have to drive on every road again because they don't appear during races (stupid), and xp boards need you to be nearby to show up, so that means potentially driving literally all across the map and crossing my fingers while peering at the minimap (so many are practically invisible between trees,behind walls or in vineyards)

Might try and pick events to encourage the remaining 15 in photographed cars to show themselves.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

You could not buy new cars and tune them? I bought a few cars but not that many and not super expensive. And didn't do any tuning at all - I think your opponents match your spec anyway?

I just finished the finale and I have 4m credits and haven't been grinding at all, but I do have the VIP pass so got some decent money from wheel spins.

You could not buy new cars and tune them? I bought a few cars but not that many and not super expensive. And didn't do any tuning at all - I think your opponents match your spec anyway?

I just finished the finale and I have 4m credits and haven't been grinding at all, but I do have the VIP pass so got some decent money from wheel spins.

Yeah, I should stop buying new cars for every single champion ship I enter. I just want to keep it fresh, though. As for upgrading every single car I buy....who wants to stay stock when you can go faster? Lol.

Hip Hop

The new patch is causing the game to lock up for me.

I was one of the "few" that was able to play the game on digital release , and I have not had a single lockup or problem with the game since.

The game just locked up twice now.

EDIT: I don't know if it's the right place, but the 2013 KTM X-BOW R makes windshield wiper sounds when it rains but it does not have a windshield. It's an open car.

The new patch is causing the game to lock up for me.

I was one of the few that was able to play the game on release, and I have not had a single lockup or problem with the game since.

The game just locked up twice now.

Same thing happened to me. Never had a lock up in the first week of playing but had my first last night after downloading the patch. Hope they can fix this soon.

veidi

After nearly 2 Hours of work in the Livery Editor I got a Crash to Dashboard D=
Damn this sucks...I recreated a Festival Logo(Weekend Warriors) an was on the last f###ing letter.........Reminder for me: always save by time!
Hope I find the motivation to redo the work tommorrow...

Btw... the F-Type is incredible!

Is there a decent single player mode in the game? I'm not expecting a story or anything, but a somewhat enjoyable move up the ranks or something?

Is there a decent single player mode in the game? I'm not expecting a story or anything, but a somewhat enjoyable move up the ranks or something?
Yes, it's pretty much exactly that. 15 championships, each 4 races, then a grand finale, then they announce there'll be another one and you can repeat that, after that you finish any championships you don't have (which is a lot, you only cover 30/168 by the end)

Ehhh, not really, imo. It's more of a "go here, do races, rank up" ordeal, which isn't bad, but I would have liked something a little more meaningful, with a little more depth perhaps.

I just realised that a "rank up ordeal" is exactly what you're looking for. My bad. XD

Its the most fun I've had in a racing career. There's a nice variety of events and some actual pacing when you mix it up with bucket lists, barn finds, road trips and the like.

Ehhh, not really, imo. It's more of a "go here, do races, rank up" ordeal, which isn't bad, but I would have liked something a little more meaningful, with a little more depth perhaps.
Out of curiosity whats a good single player that you've played? Most - if not all - that I've played are just lists of events, one after the next with next to no connective tissue or ups and downs outside of normal races vs championships.

LOLCats

Banned

Yes i haven't even played multiplayer. Just playing solo going through championships and unlocking barn finds. Its decent. Championship comes up pretty quick but then you realize there is like another 130 of them. There is little to no story really. You go to europe race and party. /end. Fyi, no parties actually take place.

Out of curiosity whats a good single player that you've played? Most - if not all - that I've played are just lists of events, one after the next with next to no connective tissue or ups and downs outside of normal races vs championships.

You know...I'm not entirely sure myself. All I know is that the format in FH2 isn't really doing it for me.

I'm just starting to get bored of racer campaigns, I guess. It's not FH2's fault, it just happens to be the game I'm playing as I realised that I'm bored of this structure. The straw that broke the camel's back, as the saying goes.

Damn...now I'm wonder if Driveclub will underwhelm me in the same way. It probably will.....

Hopefully it's gameplay is as fun as FH2's to keep me interested.

Awesome, sounds great! :)

I would actually say one of the most fun I've had in a racing game was in NFS: Most Wanted (2005 version). Funny enough one of the reasons was because of the story mode. I wanted to beat the shit out of Razor Callahan so bad and finally whooping him at the end was so satisfying lol.

T.O.P

Banned
Just did the last two showcases event

Holy shit

And then i went online for the first time, S2 cross country race with my Veneno

Holy fuckin shit

There was a lot of screaming and hysterical laughing when i saw someone litterally flying on the other side of the track

I fuckin love this game

HeliosT10

Just did the last two showcases event

Holy shit

And then i went online for the first time, S2 cross country race with my Veneno

Holy fuckin shit

There was a lot of screaming and hysterical laughing when i saw someone litterally flying on the other side of the track

I fuckin love this game

You've only just gone online? Ha :)

I felt little to no progression whatsoever. Go here, race, go to another city, race. Rinse repeat. The best thing about the singleplayer is the showcase events, and they're few and far between.

This is pretty much how I feel also, but I love the off-road races as much as the showcase events too.

Ahhh, I think I know what it is that's making me not feel the singleplayer. It's the fact that you can choose any car from any class to do championships. I think if you had to gradually work your way through the classes it would bring a much greater sense of progression and would be much more satisfying. You would feel like you've actually put in a lot of work to drive the higher performance cars.

Having everything available to you right away might be ideal for some people, maybe even most people, but I personally would have liked to have worked towards the higher-tier cars.

statham

Completed 3 hard bucket lists today, One I had to cross the finish line faster then 85 or something, after 10 failed attempts, I didn't follow the line and went a completely different route, got it on the first try. And completed the Bowler one(that was fun) and the one where you went through the woods at night in that hooptie.

MouldyK

Not a good thing to see when you are in a race...

GetPhoto.ashx

Yeah, I should stop buying new cars for every single champion ship I enter. I just want to keep it fresh, though. As for upgrading every single car I buy....who wants to stay stock when you can go faster? Lol.

If all you want is money, I think setting a low race difficulty and pull shit during the race to get more xp... and most of all look out to not break your skillchain by using rewinds or crashing into opponents or borders. XP from skills in racing let's you level-up faster and gives you more wheelspins.
Challenging top drivers (with the yellow reticle over their names) in freeroam also can give you over 50.000 credits in less than 2 minutes.

My tip though: Try to "experience" your stock cars. If you you just put in performance parts you miss out on what made certain cars great. What helps me a lot is to read up and watch some youtube about certain cars. Take one of the Ford Cosworths, the old Mini, Toyota Celica... any old rally car basically and check what made them stand out, why they handle and sound liie they do. That's my way of enjoying some <20,000$ cars more than yet another modern supercar.
Sorry if that sounded preachy

Megasoum

Banned
Is it me or the name of the car is not mentionned anywhere for the bucket lists? I recognize some of them of course but sometime I'm not sure.

Today I had my first real wow moment in this game.
The combination of night time, rain and the classical radio station while driving my Audi Quattro in Montellino felt so good...(I still can't find that barn by the lake though).

It's great someone like Helios reads these posts btw. Just wanted to say how cool it is and useful for them at the same time.

ironcreed

Banned
Decided to have a few drinks tonight and fire Horizon up. Let me just say that in no way do I advocate drinking and driving. But in the case of relaxing and playing this game? Good times, my friend. Good times.

arhra

You know how in pre-release interviews, Ralph Fulton would be talking about how drivatars worked out in the open world, and was saying stuff like you'd be able to follow them and they'd lead you to barn finds, etc?

Now, I don't know about you, but to me that sounded like a bunch of Molyneux-talking-about-Fable/pre-release-claims-of-Oblivion's-emergent-AI level bullshit.

But just now I was looking for the last barn find. Spent a good 5 minutes driving around, not finding it, then found myself driving along a road behind a drivatar. Then I spotted two more, clustered together and stopped just ahead of us. Kept driving, and would you fucking believe it, it's the goddamn barn.

Just got all 315 roads finally, too. Last one ended up being this tiny-ass little access road running across the airport runway, which took me forever to spot on the map:

wdeur4x.png

Now to get to polishing off one last championship before the finale.

Top Bottom