• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

ShapeGSX

I just beat the last race with an R32 Skyline, racing against supercars.

giphy.gif

I miss that show. :(

zorbsie

Got sucked into Project Spark for the last couple days and have let my GAF club rank slip. Rectifying that now, online road trips all morning!

Megasoum

Banned
I've always heard QA is a complete grind. Sounds like you're loving it. Cool.

It can be a complete grind sometimes for sure. It's really not just "Oh I'm paid to play games all day" kind of stuff like some people think..

I'm not testing anymore though, started as a tester 6 years ago but moved up now. I'm having a ton of fun.

Krilekk

Banned
Just spent 1m credits on the last two cars I needed to photograph. Watch me now drive past 17 of them in a row.

In the races, how are the opponents calculated? Are they just the same class as you? Racing in a fiat 500 I was up against a couple of cars that just pulled away on the straights. So should I tune to the max of a particular class?

Edit: wait, that wasn't all the cars!? It now wants 260. But there are only 5 cars that I haven't photographed and they are all paid-for DLC. Do I not at least get an achievement for 240??

It's probably unlimited. You get an achievement for 100 photos.

BADNED

thanks. Might give it a try, although the next target being 260 it seems clear they want you to be photographing the car packs as they come out. And no acheivement means I think I'll either stop at 240 or 245.
While there are no achievements there will be still credit payouts once you reach a milestone, next one at 260. And you don't have to buy the car packs if you don't want to. Once the DLC is available the Drivatars will populate your world with the new rides anyway, so you can still photograph them and get that bounty.

Klocker

Ok now that I have all the perks. What happens to the skill XP? It no longer fills the circle and it appears it either doesn't apply or doesn't scale to level xp?

Seems only racing levels you up? Also is there anywhere to see how close I am to next level besides at end of race?

Fh1 had the wrist band color fill in as you progressed

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have you done the one under the castle? Or the one under the runway?

under the runway? Hmm. Definitely did the one under the castle (that was annoying as it was colouring stuff in even though I was above it. Drove about underground for a bit just in case.

My map is completely coloured in so I'm worried it'll be a part that got covered as I drove past a junction and I'll never find it.

jem0208

Damn, just upgraded the Lotus 2-Eleven to X class and the damn thing will burnout even in 3rd gear with full throttle. Got to treat this car with care.

I love this game. :3

Ok now that I have all the perks. What happens to the skill XP? It no longer fills the circle and it appears it either doesn't apply or doesn't scale to level xp?

Seems only racing levels you up? Also is there anywhere to see how close I am to next level besides at end of race?

Fh1 had the wrist band color fill in as you progressed

You still get XP for doing skill-chains, but they have to be MASSIVE to get into the 4 digits.

I had no Xbox360 when FH1 came out and never played it, but there are wristbands in FH2, but they are tied to XP/Level and not skill-points.

Yeah that was the first thing I got and not really seeing any difference. Just holding out that the car selection In the spins gets better at some point. They are all pretty low level cars it seems.

I've gotten some real clunkers, but I've also gotten a random Lexus LFA. Pretty decent.

sbrew

Banned
Love this game. Microsoft has really covered all my driving needs with this and FM5.

It would be cool if they could link the two games, so your party could decide to race on a FM5 track and it would load up a 60fps FM5 mode for that race.

Anyway, enough dreaming. Time to see how fast I can go for how long before hitting a tree in the forest.... what a rush that is.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
314/315 roads found. Kill me now. This is crackdown nightmare of 499/500 Agility orbs all over again.

Found my last one. Was on a freeway/yellow marked road. I guessed that maybe it had coloured both directions at the narrow parts, so I just drove along a whole section, then back the other side and it unlocked.

Phew.

Aeqvitas

This has become my favorite racing game of all time. I love the open world, the variety in events and cars, the soundtrack. Everytime I log in it just oozes fun. Highly recommend to anyone on the fence.

Klocker

You still get XP for doing skill-chains, but they have to be MASSIVE to get into the 4 digits.

I had no Xbox360 when FH1 came out and never played it, but there are wristbands in FH2, but they are tied to XP/Level and not skill-points.

so do skill points still count towards leveling up or is that just for fun now that I have unlocked all the perks?

So...I just got accused of cheating after an online road trip. I finished the championship in second place but apparently the game of the other guy showed that I got a score of 1.7 million xp after a king event.

What is happening? I noticed a ton of glitches during online play like traffic cars appearing out of thin air. I even fell through the map during a race once. The game put me in an endless reset loop afterwards.

arhra

Yeah that was the first thing I got and not really seeing any difference. Just holding out that the car selection In the spins gets better at some point. They are all pretty low level cars it seems.

The perk seems to be a flat 10% increase on all the cash prizes, including the VIP bonus when you get a car (you get the car, and the car's value x1.1). No idea if it affects the likelihood of cars coming up or not.

I had 20 spins saved up when I unlocked the perk yesterday, and ended up with 3 cars (RUF CTR2, Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Lexus GS350 F Sport), and, as a VIP, around 1.1m in cash. Include the value of the cars, and that comes out to about 1.4m, or a little over 70k per-spin (non-VIP would be half that, obviously).

The perk seems to be a flat 10% increase on all the cash prizes, including the VIP bonus when you get a car (you get the car, and the car's value x1.1). No idea if it affects the likelihood of cars coming up or not.

I had 20 spins saved up when I unlocked the perk yesterday, and ended up with 3 cars (RUF CTR2, Subaru Impreza WRX STI, Lexus GS350 F Sport), and, as a VIP, around 1.1m in cash. Include the value of the cars, and that comes out to about 1.4m, or a little over 70k per-spin (non-VIP would be half that, obviously).

Wait, wait, wait...That is seriously all it does? Jesus Christ what a waste. But that does explain why my spins are always for weird amounts like $9,900 and $4,400.

OneLetter

Was looking at the achievement for completing all championships. Even at 1 championship per day, that's another 5 months of daily racing. Certainly an achievement for whenever I get there, but I do wish you could complete those online, to mix up the competition a bit.

Now to finish getting my Forza Rewards tier up...

How exactly do you get your Forza Rewards tier up? Is it judged on time played or what?

It's based on a lot of factors. It shows you your progress on each part of each game on a certain page, I just can't remember which.

It's stuff like time played, credits earned, cars owned, DLC owned, achievements unlocked, etc.

Yes there are. You have to go into the Rivals tab on the Pause Menu and then select a Class/Area/Event, then hit Y to change Rival. Upon doing that you will see a leaderboard for the event :)

Ah, thanks very much! Climbing racing leaderboards is what I live for. Still a little bit sad that there's no overall combined leaderboard in Forza 5.

Bessy67

Kinda wish there were better sorting/browsing options for the autoshow and your garage. It's not ideal scrolling through a list of 200 cars to find one. I preferred the system in the original Horizon where you scroll through manufacturers and when you select one it shows all available cars from that manufacturer. Kinect would have been great there as well. Voice commands to show Lamborghinis, show hot hatches, show all cars under 100,000 etc would work really well.

Yeah, this aspect of the UI is clunky and slow in Forza too, which they basically just lifted. Hopefully it gets a redesign for Forza 6.

Gestault

Kinda wish there were better sorting/browsing options for the autoshow and your garage. It's not ideal scrolling through a list of 200 cars to find one. I preferred the system in the original Horizon where you scroll through manufacturers and when you select one it shows all available cars from that manufacturer. Kinect would have been great there as well. Voice commands to show Lamborghinis, show hot hatches, show all cars under 100,000 etc would work really well.

Press Y to pull up "sort," and check the manufacturer(s) you want to see, then jump back to the screen. It'll only display those. You can also just show cars you can afford. Oddly enough, there's not a category for "cars I don't own," which I think is an oversight, but it does show the garage icon on the ones you do.

Bessy67

Press Y to pull up "sort," and check the manufacturer(s) you want to see, then jump back to the screen. It'll only displays those. You can also just show cars you can afford. Oddly enough, there's not a category for "cars I don't own," which I think is an oversight, but it does show the garage icon on the ones you do.

Unless I'm missing something you can't do this. You can filter by car class, car type and drive type but not manufacturer.

Top Bottom