• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Kssio_Aug

A very noob question. I'm having a hard time handling the Aston Martin V12, is this car harder to control, or is the Super GT type? I'm playing with simulation physics on.

Anion

A very noob question. I'm having a hard time handling the Aston Martin V12, is this car harder to control, or is the Super GT type? I'm playing with simulation physics on.
Did you upgrade it? And if you did, what did you or quick upgrade add?

sCHOCOLATE

Not a good thing to see when you are in a race...

GetPhoto.ashx

Ther Germans are bowing before Lord British.

Anion

Upgraded it with a quick upgrade. And besides it became better to handle, still was feeling a bit "unstable". I mean, it was drifting a lot. lol

Hmm, I know what you mean. Try raising the car up in the tuning settings by a notch. Sometimes that should help. If that doesnt help, you might need to mess with other suspension settings. Perhaps try to loosen the rear springs by a bit. Before you do all this, just save your current setup in the tuning menu - in case you want to go back to the original settings.

Septic360

Banned
Man are people ruthless online. If I'm out in front I have this constant worry like I'm in prison and about to drop the soap. It's impossible to unclench.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You've only just gone online? Ha :)

I've avoided online because forza5 almost made me throw my controller across room with idiots deliberately spinning me out. Is horizon better than that?

Btw, did they update the checkpoints? I noticed in a few races recently that you can see the smoke from two checkpoints now (the upcoming and the one after that). I'm sure you could only see one before because that annoyed me as I couldn't plan what angle to take through a checkpoint.

Klocker

My god. This game.

I am.putting way too many hours into this and I have barely done any championships nor hardly scratched the online...
Wow
. Every night I'm going to bed in the morning. Got to put this down and get my life back

Next week :)

eastx

Is the 2010 Noble M600 already available to Car Pass owners? (That's the bonus car for buying the pass.)

GHG

Gold Member
Think I'll sink a LOT of time into this game over the weekend, especially if the DC servers are still down.

Do we have a thread to arrange GAF roadtrips/races on for this game yet?

BADNED

Is the 2010 Noble M600 already available to Car Pass owners? (That's the bonus car for buying the pass.)
Yes, it's available immediately in the Autoshow once you purchase the Car Pass! Like all DLC cars first purchase is free!

RyudBoy

Forgot to check but damn that final race was long. I assume there will be another one that's completely different when I race Ben? Hope so.

Also, currently ranked #11 in the club. Creepin' up!

Brakara

Are there leaderboards for rivals times? Haven't been able to find them so far...

No, there are no racing leaderboards at all. A weird oversight since that would've increased the replayability. Not that I'm complaining too much, there's tons of stuff to do in the game, but it's a feature that would cost almost nothing while adding a lot.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No, there are no racing leaderboards at all. A weird oversight since that would've increased the replayability. Not that I'm complaining too much, there's tons of stuff to do in the game, but it's a feature that would cost almost nothing while adding a lot.

tricky to have when you could be doing a race in any number of cars, each tuned any number of ways. I guess you'd rank by class first?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I still have not gone online yet! I assume there is no rush as the community for Forza games seem to live forever!

You know how in pre-release interviews, Ralph Fulton would be talking about how drivatars worked out in the open world, and was saying stuff like you'd be able to follow them and they'd lead you to barn finds, etc?

Now, I don't know about you, but to me that sounded like a bunch of Molyneux-talking-about-Fable/pre-release-claims-of-Oblivion's-emergent-AI level bullshit.

But just now I was looking for the last barn find. Spent a good 5 minutes driving around, not finding it, then found myself driving along a road behind a drivatar. Then I spotted two more, clustered together and stopped just ahead of us. Kept driving, and would you fucking believe it, it's the goddamn barn.

Same thinking about that interview here, but then I had a drivatar drive through and smahing a 7500xp board before I could get there in the open. Didn't get the points and couldn't smash the remaining pieces to get them. When I tried it later again, the board was there and unsmashed, this time TWO drivatars were sprinting directly towards it, but i managed to get there about half a second before them, crashing into one of them directly after smashing the board.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
might be a little sad, but I'd probably pay 99p for DLC that unlocks all XP boards and speed camera locations on the map. I'll happily go and smash into them, but wandering aimlessly across country to find them isn't fun.

Are there leaderboards for rivals times? Haven't been able to find them so far...
tricky to have when you could be doing a race in any number of cars, each tuned any number of ways. I guess you'd rank by class first?

Check "Rivals"->"Festival Routes"->"Destinations"->"Route"->"Car Class" ...then hit Y to change the rival.
Hitting X multiple times you can compare your time to all players, friends, Club-members and "Club-members & Friends".

might be a little sad, but I'd probably pay 99p for DLC that unlocks all XP boards and speed camera locations on the map. I'll happily go and smash into them, but wandering aimlessly across country to find them isn't fun.
Check THIS out!

Anion

If I'm remembering correctly, a "dlc" pack came out for FH1 that did something like that. Actually, I think it put all the locations on your map

Brakara

The mainline games do this, which is why I thought it's an oversight.

Check "Rivals"->"Festival Routes"->"Destinations"->"Route"->"Car Class" ...then hit Y to change the rival.
Hitting X multiple times you can compare your time to all players, friends, Club-members and "Club-members & Friends".

Whoa. Talk about being buried. I guess I need to check it out when I get home later today.

If I'm remembering correctly, a "dlc" pack came out for FH1 that did something like that. Actually, I think it put all the locations on your map

It did, and guess what; on the 360 version of FH2:

A) It's on-disc from day one

B) IT'S BUYABLE WITH IN-GAME CREDITS.

That's filling the map with barns, Bucket List positions, XP/fast travel boards, the lot, for 300K in-game credits.

I'm sorry for repeating myself, but they made something that was DLC BUYABLE WITH IN-GAME CREDITS. WTF.

Septic360

Banned
It did, and guess what; on the 360 version of FH2:

A) It's on-disc from day one

B) IT'S BUYABLE WITH IN-GAME CREDITS.

That's filling the map with barns, Bucket List positions, XP/fast travel boards, the lot, for 300K in-game credits.

I'm sorry for repeating myself, but they made something that was DLC BUYABLE WITH IN-GAME CREDITS. WTF.

Oooh where? How? Tell meh!

p3tran

Banned
I've avoided online because forza5 almost made me throw my controller across room with idiots deliberately spinning me out. Is horizon better than that?

one of the areas where you can witness how the game has balanced out the realism in favor of the gameplay, is exactly this: how more tolerant are the cars when rubbing and hitting each other.

forza 5 has it correctly (or more correct if you like), while horizon 2 has ..toned down the realism of loosing traction and control of your vehicle when bumped upon, exactly to help this kind of gameplay.
so, its very possible that you can progressively force your opponent to hit that tree right next to the border of the track, but it is very less possible that you can easily pull a maneuver like the one you see on the cop films to take him out.

Kssio_Aug

Hmm, I know what you mean. Try raising the car up in the tuning settings by a notch. Sometimes that should help. If that doesnt help, you might need to mess with other suspension settings. Perhaps try to loosen the rear springs by a bit. Before you do all this, just save your current setup in the tuning menu - in case you want to go back to the original settings.

Yeah, I will try it! Its good that I also try to learn some tricks there. Lol

Really dumb, basic question about the Horizon series:

When you participate in a race, is it only you+the other racers on the road, or is there traffic as well?

I've only ever played the formal Forza games.

Wizman23

Banned
PLEASE add an update to give us the option to turn off automatic recording of game clips. I cannot fucking stand when XB1 games record clips on there own. If something cool happens, we 2 options to record a clip ourselves. I'm sick of my feed filling up with garbage videos everytime my car gets air in Forza Horizon 2.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
alright, held out as long as i could in a post-destiny world. i've joined the crew, no, i mean the club. whatever, one of you. looking forward to smashing some times

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just spent 1m credits on the last two cars I needed to photograph. Watch me now drive past 17 of them in a row.

In the races, how are the opponents calculated? Are they just the same class as you? Racing in a fiat 500 I was up against a couple of cars that just pulled away on the straights. So should I tune to the max of a particular class?

Edit: wait, that wasn't all the cars!? It now wants 260. But there are only 5 cars that I haven't photographed and they are all paid-for DLC. Do I not at least get an achievement for 240??

Question on Rivals that I've been doing a lot after the each race. When there's no "GAF" club sign next to GT means I beat all of the top times by club members?

BADNED

Just spent 1m credits on the last two cars I needed to photograph. Watch me now drive past 17 of them in a row.

In the races, how are the opponents calculated? Are they just the same class as you? Racing in a fiat 500 I was up against a couple of cars that just pulled away on the straights. So should I tune to the max of a particular class?

Edit: wait, that wasn't all the cars!? It now wants 260. But there are only 5 cars that I haven't photographed and they are all paid-for DLC. Do I not at least get an achievement for 240??
Same class as you but of course the top Drivatars are tuned to the top of that particular class.

Regarding photographing the remaining 5 cars, just choose a car from the same class, for example the Jag F-Type is a "Sports Cars" class type car, so simply choose as your next championship the Sports Cars class one and then when the race starts the one or another Drivatar will be in a Jag F-Type. So at the start of the race just go into Photomode, take a pic of the grid, and there you have your missing car, and now repeat that for the other 4 missing cars and you should have the currently 245 available cars photographed.

I get a little disheartened when I flip a car (which happens fairly regularly -- sorry guys) and see that there's no detail at all on the undercarriage. Looks like the bottoms of Hot Wheels cars.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Same class as you but of course the top Drivatars are tuned to the top of that particular class.

Regarding photographing the remaining 5 cars, just choose a car from the same class, for example the Jag F-Type is a "Sports Cars" class type car, so simply choose as your next championship the Sports Cars class one and then when the race starts the one or another Drivatar will be in a Jag F-Type. So at the start of the race just go into Photomode, take a pic of the grid, and there you have your missing car, and now repeat that for the other 4 missing cars and you should have the currently 245 available cars photographed.

thanks. Might give it a try, although the next target being 260 it seems clear they want you to be photographing the car packs as they come out. And no acheivement means I think I'll either stop at 240 or 245.

Top Bottom