• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

piggychan

I played around with Anna a bit. It always took me at least 3 tries to get that stupid girl to do what I asked for.

This post might be read out of context.

haha, well I think the game music and sounds might have an impact on kinect's performance depending on the loudness and how close the device is placed near these sound sources.

Kalm

Is there anything comparable to the Veneno once upgraded? I'm at the point where I just want to set best laps but I really hate the look of the Lambo and everyone seems to use it. I've tried a few of the other Hyper cars but the upgrade potential is hit/miss and I'm running out of cash.
---
Also, everyone needs to try out the KTM X-Bow. I pushed it to the S2 cap, switched to AWD and tuned the sh*t out of it -- 0-100mph in 2 seconds, drives like it's on rails with no assists(!) and 330 DOR / 60 FFB feels like 1:1 steering. Amazing. Running that car in Nice is the most fun I've had gaming in a very long time.

jem0208

Is there anything comparable to the Veneno once upgraded? I'm at the point where I just want to set best laps but I really hate the look of the Lambo and everyone seems to use it. I've tried a few of the other Hyper cars but the upgrade potential is hit/miss and I'm running out of cash.
---
Also, everyone needs to try out the KTM X-Bow. I pushed it to the S2 cap, switched to AWD and tuned the sh*t out of it -- 0-100mph in 2 seconds, drives like it's on rails with no assists(!) and 330 DOR / 60 FFB feels like 1:1 steering. Amazing. Running that car in Nice is the most fun I've had gaming in a very long time.

I thought the Hennessey Vemon was pretty close to the Veneno.

As for the X-Bow, I much prefer the Lotus 2-Eleven.

Kalm

I thought the Hennessey Vemon was pretty close to the Veneno.

Sadly, that was the first Hyper I bought. It's undriveable for me in RWD form no matter how I tune it. I find myself backing off the throttle so much that extra power is mostly rendered useless. It's pretty fun in AWD but there's so much drivetrain power loss that I might as well stick with an Exige.

As for the X-Bow, I much prefer the Lotus 2-Eleven.

I haven't tried the 2-Eleven yet and I can't remember why exactly; it must have been crazy expensive? I've tried almost all the "toys" and while some are faster, the X-Bow just feels the best to me. It's what I put friends and family in when they want to try out the wheel.
----------

Has anyone bought either of the Paganis? Do they have upgradeable engines and/or powertrain swaps? I'm stuck with the next Hyper car I buy so I need to make it count :(

Dabanton

Something else I forgot to mention in my first impressions post (somewhere on the last page) - head to head Pro Driver challenges are properly fun. Also one of the best methods to earn real money real quick. Plus depending on the location of the challenge, you can cheat like a madman, cutting through fields and sometimes shortening your path by more than two thirds.

The AI driver rarely cuts across fields in these challenges.

Yep first time I came up against one I obeyed the rules of the road and got steamrolled.
second time I cut through the trees and beat the bastard,even wilder I had to hairpin through trees at night. Thrilling stuff.

I played around with Anna a bit. It always took me at least 3 tries to get that stupid girl to do what I asked for.

This post might be read out of context.

I've found talking normally to ANNA works best. Also make sure if you've moved your Kinect to recalibrate.

i already tried the Kinect various times on XBO at my friends house like i said. Both me and my friends voice commands fail approx. 30% of the time from the samples we kept doing to test it. 10% failure would be too high for me, but at the rate it was failing it was just pure frustration. And I'm certainly never going to use the abominable thing to play any game after my experiences with the things other functions, so it's useless for me basically. Plus I don't really intend to use snap often if at all, I'm a one image on screen guy. I like to totally focus on my task at hand when playing or watching something.

I'm just glad I can get the system for this price if he goes ahead. I'm like jumping in my seat waiting to hear his answer Friday, I was totally sure I would have to wait til Black Friday after missing that amazing deal from the Microsoft store a few weeks back. I didn't quite make it in time for Forza Horizon 2 launch day, but this will allow me to be there day one for Sunset Overdrive and Master Chief Collection. And now I can be there day one for the new Phantom Dust and Scalebound and Forza 6 and Gears of War and oh gosh I'm so pumped right now

Oh man, how is the online competition like for Horizon 2? I can't wait my God. I feel like I've been waiting for this all my life lol

Just keep the Kinect for Xbox Pause, Xbox Mute, Xbox Volume UP/DOWN and Xbox Play. Recognize my voice every times for all the simple commands (and I have accent since English is not my first language). To me that is probably the best feature of Kinect, other than that I agree that it's pretty much garbage, despite all the hype my Microsoft it's not better than the first Kinect.

edit: as someone mention, it work better after you calibrate it.

Every now and again I'll come across a car that makes me fall in love with the game all over again. This is the latest car to do that:

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Upgraded to the max, with the classic 2 Fast 2 Furious skin. That nostalgia!

And a video to show off the noise the twin-turbo makes. I can barely hear the engine!

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274842064293&gamertag=Lukas%20Japonicus&vid=7feb2c7d-8bdc-49cf-9db6-4f3251702a47

glaurung

Haha, I've found the opposite to be true. I'lll be racing on tarmac thinking I'm way ahead of the drivatar, just to see him suddenly ahead of me.
Hmm. Perhaps it's tied to the drivatar skill level then.

I noticed that average skill drivatars stuck to tarmac with an almost unfathomable diligence. The pro driver that I raced was in a city/highway, so there was no chance to cut corners anyhow.

Krilekk

Banned

At any point in the game, does the map open up all the events? Like after you've finished the "story"?

Sadly no. It makes sense considering they all take place in the same seven or eight spots and there would be about 24 icons stacked on top of each other but I wished you could just select a championship from the menu instead of having to do those annoying road trips. If you could at least stay at a location. But no,you have to at least alternate beween two towns. That's one point that really bugs me. Another one is that speed traps are disabled during road trips. Makes no sense.

shandy706

Drove through the Festival again in different lighting conditions (but both raining) last night.

tfjrgi.gif

pnusax.gif

I love how this game can be anything from warm to cold and dreary. The fact that a storm can come up and it's not the same "look" every time is nice.

I still haven't seen a rainbow :(...although it's cool that things do seem to be randomly generated in the open roam. Saw my first REALLY foggy day this week.

BDP

Neo Member
Also I can't get enough of bucket 8 OUTRUN THE SUN. You know playground games love their AM2 outrun. Wish I could drift all through that run like a boss

Agreed. I love that challenge. It also helps it's in an F40. My favorite Ferrari of all time.

I must have ran it four or five times last night. I love how it's up along the coast and you can really get up to speed on it.

However it sucks taking a blind turn and running head on into a car coming the other direction.

BDP

Neo Member
Oh man, how is the online competition like for Horizon 2? I can't wait my God. I feel like I've been waiting for this all my life lol

It's great. Even in solo mode you will get a rival after every race and if you have any competitive bone in your body, will have a hard time not accepting the challenge.

I spend half my sessions playing the same races to beat my friends times. I need to stop and actually get back to playing the storyline.

You know what this game needs? An old school checkpoint style race. GT6 just got an awesome update with that very thing and it is amazing. Now imagine that same style on ALL the roads on Horizon, hell, you could make it damn near infinite. Just see how long you can go before time runs out. Make rewind disabled and use the entire map and I would play the SHIT out of that.

Would it be that hard to do? It seems like it wouldn't take too much to make something like that and it would be just so incredible.

VRMN

Same here. It was saving after I completed a race, then made a buzzing sound and crashed to dashboard. :/

It's the 3rd time it's happened.
The one crash I had was weird. I had been retrying a race over and over, the result of my yanking off the rewind training wheels. In the middle of what wound up bring my best and final run, the radio turned into a static kind of noise. I was in something of a zone and just went "Xbox, mute." Beat the race and it locked on the loading screen.

hwalker84

Already tried on Xbox 360; was atrocious. Tried a bunch of XBO at this friends house since launch, the voice commands fail 30% of the time for both me and my friend. Pass.

But yeah, unless I can find a way to sell it. Do these Kinect sell for anything decent these days? I never checked before.

Do you know if he went through the Kinect setup and actually followed the directions? That's a very important part of the process. My voice commands work 97.5% of the time.

Oh and buy that system ASAP from your buddy.

OneLetter

I was sitting there, looking at the achievements, wondering where the other Bucket List challenges were for SP / co-op. Was playing with Jube3, and he indicates to look under "Progress" in the pause menu. Top right corner of the Progress section is a big square for "Bucket Lists", and it's hidden away.

Had no idea you had to "enable" the second full list of bucket challenges, but now those are mostly complete.

Doing the Hennessey high-speed bucket list challenge is easily the greatest sense of speed I've gotten from this game to date. I hadn't driven that specific car up until then, but 270+ MPH in bumper view is just insane.

Finally, got around to completing the Horizon Festival Championship Race. Putting behind spoiler tags for those that haven't done it.

Holy crap I wish they had more races like this. I had no idea what to expect when it said "pick your favorite car", so I chose a Group B Rally, not knowing that I had a 15-20 minute epic race ahead of me. Still beat the AI at their max setting, but topping out at 155 MPH made it so much more fun and exciting, trying to hold off the AI and with rewinds turned off. I really hope they add in more LONG races like these, since it really amped up the tension.

Hawk269

Every now and again I'll come across a car that makes me fall in love with the game all over again. This is the latest car to do that:

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Upgraded to the max, with the classic 2 Fast 2 Furious skin. That nostalgia!

And a video to show off the noise the twin-turbo makes. I can barely hear the engine!

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274842064293&gamertag=Lukas%20Japonicus&vid=7feb2c7d-8bdc-49cf-9db6-4f3251702a47

My god the IQ in this game is just simply amazing! great photo's man! :)

Drove through the Festival again in different lighting conditions (but both raining) last night.

tfjrgi.gif

pnusax.gif

I love how this game can be anything from warm to cold and dreary. The fact that a storm can come up and it's not the same "look" every time is nice.

I still haven't seen a rainbow :(...although it's cool that things do seem to be randomly generated in the open roam. Saw my first REALLY foggy day this week.

Man, I really need to start playing this again, but SoM is taking up so much of my gaming time...

Gah

OH MAN 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS!?

GOTY

Haha, I almost creamed my pants when the game recommended me it.

------------------

I had to choose between the F50 and the F40, but I went with the F40 for childhood nostalgia reasons (I had a poster of the F40 on my wall as a kid) and DAMN is it fun to drive. It's like a go-kart on steroids.

------------------

This whole race was amazing. So tense. (Showdown event spoiler)

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274842064293&gamertag=Lukas%20Japonicus&vid=c7675991-2a23-4a6a-ab9c-61951d7388d4

squared

My DLC cars are stuck at 0%. It says they're downloading, but they aren't. Went to the Store and downloaded the pack manually, restarted the game, still stuck at 0%. Any ideas?

RyudBoy

Well, just experienced my first game crash during an online championship. I pulled out the mic from my controller, and the game made a loud brzzzzzzzzz sound, then locked up a few seconds later.

And of course, it just had to happen while I was in 1st place with 3/4 events done.

Oh shit, literally just as I opened this page your car rolled up to the start line for a race I'm about to do.

That was weird, haha.

Edit: I'm very sorry but I just rammed you off the road with my VW Campervan.

That's not my car, lol. You can see it's a different Dude McBro driving it. The 240ZG drifting into a tunnel behind him is me.

Anyone know what kind of tuneups I need to keep my S2 class cars from spinning out well into 3rd and 4th gear?

It sounds like your S2 class car is just "buy all engine upgrades". Your best bet isn't tuning, but reverting the car to stock, buying all of the tire, drivetrain, brake/weight reduction upgrades, then using engine upgrades to make up the rest of your class points. That way you'll have a nice handling car with respectable power.

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
It sounds like your S2 class car is just "buy all engine upgrades". Your best bet isn't tuning, but reverting the car to stock, buying all of the tire, drivetrain, brake/weight reduction upgrades, then using engine upgrades to make up the rest of your class points. That way you'll have a nice handling car with respectable power.

Okay. I will try this. Not too comfortable with upgrading so I was just auto upgrading.

Top Bottom