• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Banana Factory make sure to download Smartglass and turn change your settings to put the console on instant on mode and automatic sign in.

something about not needing a hashtag to drive in this club or something like that.

Haven't done the first part but I made sure to check the power settings and enable auto sign-in :)

Didn't realize when I closed the Forza demo I lose all my progress...so I started over and now I just leave it running with my xbone in standby! Can boot right back up and start running down fences again

Anybody know if the game is getting localized GPS voice this time around? Here in Norway they had the commentator and GPS voice in Norwegian.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ahh. Finally cracked tier 4 in forza rewards for the FH2 Lamborghini freebie, so I can stop grinding stupid races in F5 and leave racing games alone for a week to build my appetite again.

jesu

There's no shortage of money for cars, if you're sort of planning it out, but in terms of upgrade strategy?

Go heavy into weight and brake upgrades, and give the engine better performance through improved aspiration. Don't worry about straight-up engine upgrades unless you need to jump a few classes. Always use at least racing-class tire material. When you can ride deep into a turn before safely decelerating, you get better positions when you start accelerating during the second half. Unless the track is heavy on straightaways, I set up my gear ratios to give an initial advantage in launch/acceleration.

I'm clueless about car upgrades and whatnot(just do auto upgrades in games)
Can you tell me the advantage of increasing weight is please?

Leonsito

Most retailers seem to show the day 1 cars with the physical copy.

The Tesla is from the VIP pass, which you can buy separately as DLC as an addon to your retail copy.

The Day One cars (Dodge Challenger, Fiesta ST, A45 AMG) should be included with retail Day One copies as well as the digital bundles.

You are right guys, I have the Day 1 cars with my Amazon pre-order, plus an RS4.

VIP pass it is then!

rrc1594

shaq-gif-1.gif

TheTurboFD

I'm so mad that my Xbox one just decided to stop reading discs after an update -_- Now I gotta wait for repairs to play ;-[

TheTurboFD

Does it matter though?

Forza is a good game to have digital anyway because you will probably always go back to it every once in a while... At least until Horizon 3 comes out.

Well yea how else would I play them if the blu ray drive is messed up o_O

Or go digital.

I pity the foo, who can't wake up from an excellent sleep, turn on their Xbox and play games without leaving the comfort of their bed.

Getting up to take out a disc, find a case, put that disc in a case, find another case, put the disc from that case into the console......when all you wanted to do was just play a quick game of titanfall, before breakfast.........but then you get an invite fro a friend to play some battlefield..........so you gotta get up, take out the titanfall disc, find where you just chucked the case, put it back in, get the battle field case, put the disc from that case in the console...........oh. He's' not even in game any more and he's just started playing titanfall cause it took you forever to join him in bf4?

Seriously? On a Saturday morning?

Nah son......nah........uh uh...nope.

DIGITAL PLZ

Cool. At least I can deal with the classical station.

Wtb metal head devs. (Real metal)

I generally listen to music on headphones anyways because I'm the only guy that likes progressive death metal.

/sigh

ekim

Thinking about preordering it digitally in the US Store.
When switching back to the German region, will I still be able to play the game on Tuesday or do I have to wait until Friday?
Last time I tried to pay with PayPal in the US Store, that didn't work - any idea?

derFeef

When switching back to the German region, will I still be able to play the game on Tuesday or do I have to wait until Friday?
Last time I tried to pay with PayPal in the US Store, that didn't work - any idea?

I have it preordered in the US store since I have US$ on my account. You can play the game then just fine on the 30th when you have set your console to USA region. Switching back to germany will show the game as unavailable (until switching back, or the 3rd).

Not sure about paypal, buy digital US MS points and redeem then via the console while set to USA. That's what I do now.

You need to add a new credit card with a fake USA address while your Xbox location is set to USA. PayPal doesn't work it seems as your address on your pp account will be your German address.

Mascot

Must resist.
Must.
Resist.

I do NOT want a Bone, but maaaaaaan, this game is like a siren on the rocks, enticing me towards certain death.

Ten times more appealing to me than any other current-gen game out there.

In the souls of the people the grapes of Ralph are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.
- John Steinbeck

Cygnus

Banned
Must resist.
Must.
Resist.

I do NOT want a Bone, but maaaaaaan, this game is like a siren on the rocks, enticing me towards certain death.

In the souls of the people the grapes of Ralph are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.
- John Steinbeck

Don't forget the 360 version.

eso76

If the XB1 version of this game gets anything lower than a 94 metacritic, I will let you all pee into my mouth!*

While it does look like FH2 is getting universal praise, and i do think reviewers will have a hard time finding things to complain about, 94 metacritic is insanely high.

Q: Is the 360 version coming the same day ? i can't believe they didn't show us anything at all.

Caayn

If the XB1 version of this game gets anything lower than a 94 metacritic, I will let you all pee into my mouth!*

This is totally not a ban bet so I reserve the right to change my position about penalties :-
Unzips pants....

I'm going with Lukas Japonicus's prediction 88-90.
What have I done GAF!! Kudos to the poster who suggested I get best buy to price match, snagged this thing for 350!

rq7xgRjh.jpg
Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Getting folks an Xbone.

Welcome :)

ekim

You need to add a new credit card with a fake USA address while your Xbox location is set to USA. PayPal doesn't work it seems as your address on your pp account will be your German address.

I did that before and my CC provider disabled my card because of suspicious transactions. No - I won't do that. Any idea where I can get US MS Spacebucks without any hassle?

That´s crazy high for a racing game.

My prediction:
85 - 87%

Complaints could be:
- location not as varied as Colorado
- tries to much too be cool
- story/festival atmosphere/hipster cutscenes

I still expect it to be the highest rated racing game this fall.

That´s crazy high for a racing game.

That it is, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I expect a 90+ average, as is the norm for the Forza series. The first Horizon was a spin-off that wasn't fully understood by many at the time, and Forza 5 was a launch game lacking in content, and with some questionable design/monetization choices. This should be the return to form, and I think that more reviewers will recognize Horizon for what it is this time around.

Apart from weather it pretty much has all the important features of the game, I'm sure it'll be great.

That depends on your definition of important features. I fully expect Sumo to do a great job with it, and I'm certainly double dipping some time next year, but after the demo and all the positive previews, it's hard to imagine a scenario in which Playground's game won't run circles around the 360 version.

jesu

I did that before and my CC provider disabled my card because of suspicious transactions. No - I won't do that. Any idea where I can get US MS Spacebucks without any hassle?

I'm in the UK and buying them from target.com
Pay by paypal and get them emailed to you within 4 hours.
Been working no problem for me.

Oh. Mine did it too. Just asked me to send them a text to let them know it was me and then never asked ever again.

saladine1

Must resist.
Must.
Resist.

- John Steinbeck

When you eventually decide to give in, I'm going to create a thread.. "Mascot finally buys the Xbox One", in celebration of the momentous event..

Top Bottom