• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

That 314/315 drove me crazy. Mine was at the airport.

Just got my bronze bracelet and then won a TVR Sagaris (plus the 61K VIP bonus) on the wheel spin.

I was getting shafted early on, but the wheel spin god has been good to me these last 30 levels or so.

OneLetter

Gold bracelet achieved. Working on completing all of the MP achievements now, about 50% there.

I wish more people would do B and C class in the Online Road Trips. They're so much more action packed than S1/S2.

This game really has me addicted right now. So many things I want to do. I have basically one complaint. I wish the events were all over the map like the first game. Now it seems like you just get 4 races and then a road trip. Would love to see events unlocked for good on the map.

Bessy67

Gold bracelet achieved. Working on completing all of the MP achievements now, about 50% there.

I wish more people would do B and C class in the Online Road Trips. They're so much more action packed than S1/S2.
What level is the gold bracelet? 150, 175, 200?

Megasoum

Banned
I was borred so I just rewatched the Giantbomb quicklook of Horizon 1.... Man.... In many ways it was such a better game than 2.

There's obviously a bunch of stuff that is better in the sequel like graphics, the openness of the map with all the off road driving, the amount of radios (even if I think there is a tragic lack of diversity in styles), online stuff, etc.

However, the idea of progressing through the wristbands with new races unlocking as you go and the fact that you had a rival character to beat for each wristbands with a special race at the end of each tier was SO MUCH BETTER. It felt like the races had a purpose and you had a clear progession.

The concept of climbing through the popularity ranks to unlock the showdowns was really cool too.

Anyway, Horizon 2 is still a massively fun game but I really don't understand why they completely gutted out all the career/campaign stuff.

Brakara

This game really has me addicted right now. So many things I want to do. I have basically one complaint. I wish the events were all over the map like the first game. Now it seems like you just get 4 races and then a road trip. Would love to see events unlocked for good on the map.

There's too many events in this game for this to work, but as someone else suggested, after the "endgame" you should at least be able to have a championship going in each hub at the same time.

I was borred so I just rewatched the Giantbomb quicklook of Horizon 1.... Man.... In many ways it was such a better game than 2.

There's obviously a bunch of stuff that is better in the sequel like graphics, the openness of the map with all the off road driving, the amount of radios (even if I think there is a tragic lack of diversity in styles), online stuff, etc.

However, the idea of progressing through the wristbands with new races unlocking as you go and the fact that you had a rival character to beat for each wristbands with a special race at the end of each tier was SO MUCH BETTER. It felt like the races had a purpose and you had a clear progession.

The concept of climbing through the popularity ranks to unlock the showdowns was really cool too.

Anyway, Horizon 2 is still a massively fun game but I really don't understand why they completely gutted out all the career/campaign stuff.

I'm glad the story stuff is gone to be honest.

Every championship showdown in Horizon 1 was basically:

"Haha, look at you chump, you can't drive a car, you stand no chance against me"
*flips a Bentley on turn 1 and dies*

Their egos never matched up with their AI's driving style. I much prefer the open endedness in the fact that it's just you and a couple of mates speeding around and enjoying yourselves with some tournaments in between.

Hip Hop

You get a new color every 15 levels, 10 total colors. After that, it stays gold as far as I can tell. Seen someone at level 236 and was gold as well.

Damn any tips on how to level up quick? or is it just straight racing on championships?

I beat the game already and im just level 53.

Definitely agree with this. I enjoyed the rivalries in H1, but didn't think that meant that every last one of them had to be douchebags. Seems like they just cut the whole thing out and so yeah, leveling and wristbands don't come with a real feeling of satisfaction. They're now a roulette wheel that sometimes gets you something tangibly rewarding.

Grassy

No luck at the airport, i guess i'll just keep playing waiting for it to pop up

The best thing to do is zoom right in on your map and look for a small section of road, it will probably only be a tiny section of a road grayed out, just have to study it really closely.

My last road was a road I'd already driven on but hadn't driven the full length of, so it only showed up as a tiny grey section on the map even once zoomed in. I think it was one of the on-ramps for the freeway.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn any tips on how to level up quick? or is it just straight racing on championships?

You beat the first finale I assume? There are still 150 more championships you can enter, you'll hit level 150 way before that.

Kalm

Rivals mode is the fastest for me.

Just use a fast S2 and run circuit races. The laps are usually under a minute and you get a new ghost each time. Once you've set the best time you possibly can, move on to the next track. There's very little down-time.

I did this for a couple hours the other day and made almost a million in credits and went from the low 50's to the mid 70's. It's nuts.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

agreed.

Klocker

this game.... the time I am sinking in to it, addicted.

Spent all morning tuning, upgrading, painting cars in my garage, then road tripped to a hyper car championship which I did in cockpit view that felt like Wipeout but on wheels. then, just tooled around Nice in a C rated Ford Fiesta sliding around doing skill chains in 3rd person view. Then took it on a road trip taking promo photos,.... I know my addiction will end eventually but man what a ride.

Even with it's little niggles here and there of imperfections, it is one of the most exciting, fun and diverse games I have ever played. Especially a driving game.

Also, anyone else get the rollercoaster stomach when they go flying over a hill off of a street in cockpit view, towards some trees? What a rush.

derbene

Neo Member
Afraid not, will need to do it on a new profile.

It certainly isn't even close to be a big issue - but it would be a cool feature to rewatch the intro from the menu (as you are able to do with the credits).

And I've the feeling, Pop-Ups (or to be more precisely: fade-in) do happen more often, the longer you play the game. Could be imagination.

Two other things I noticed, both regarding photo-mode:

1) If my mind does not play a trick on me, I think, when you upload a photo, the information about the car in the photo was already filled in in previous Forza games. It would speed up the process of sharing the picture, if the recognized car would already be selected.

2) Cars of NPCs seem to be lower LOD-models than the car I'm driving - in photo-mode, even when focused on these cars.

Bgamer90

Banned

I honestly hated the cheesy characters/rivals in Horizon 1 and their horrible dialogue lines. Was happy when I heard that Forza Horizon 2 wouldn't have it.

Bessy67

I honestly hated the cheesy characters/rivals in Horizon 1 and their horrible dialogue lines. Was happy when I heard that Forza Horizon 2 wouldn't have it.
I agree with that, but I do think I preferred Horizon 1's progression. Having events opening based on your wristband and being able to go back and do any race over again was better than the roadtrip system IMO. Still loving Horizon 2 though.

Ecto311

Change your speakers settings to get rid of the center channel. I did this some how and missed all the dialogue in the game. I even beat it and the guy was just waving his arms around but nothing was coming out of the speakers.

Also do the people in the game look like there was no mocap or anything done for them? The chick with the hat on that you get early walks around and looks at things like shes blind.

Bessy67

Also do the people in the game look like there was no mocap or anything done for them? The chick with the hat on that you get early walks around and looks at things like shes blind.
Why would they mocap when they only show people walking around for like 10 minutes?

That's only because all of your rivals in Horizon 1 were unadulterated assholes. They could have struck a middle-ground or offered up more variety there.

Horizon 2 appears to be the response to feedback from the first game. Open world, Europe, tuning, rain and scaling back the characters.

If so people need to nag for Rally again.

Edit: oh they added a bumpy cockpit too.

I just spent the last half hour or so at the docks hooning around in the SLS AMG, with nearly a million in skill score, (not in a single chain, mind you), to show for it. If there's a car more naturally inclined for rampant misbehavior in this game, I've yet to drive it.

I'm sure the F-Type R will be similarly all too happy to hang the tail out and smoke its tires, but I haven't sprung for the DLC just yet.

Krilekk

Banned
Rivals mode is the fastest for me.

Just use a fast S2 and run circuit races. The laps are usually under a minute and you get a new ghost each time. Once you've set the best time you possibly can, move on to the next track. There's very little down-time.

I did this for a couple hours the other day and made almost a million in credits and went from the low 50's to the mid 70's. It's nuts.

Rivals is the slowest to level XP because you can't do as much skill driving. And the normal XP points are just calculated by time spent on track. It doesn't matter what you do, you get the same amount of XP per time passed. You do get the online club XP, so online road trips are the fastest way to level up.

HeliosT10

That's only because all of your rivals in Horizon 1 were unadulterated assholes. They could have struck a middle-ground or offered up more variety there.

It's all good feedback this, personally I would have loved being pitted at some point against a rotter in the mould of this guy.

de65cb3b3d9380321b669574354e9741.jpg

klodeckel

Banned
Drive through that forrest at night with a Lancia they said. It will be fun they said.

After my 20 try I finally did it with 0.3 secs left on the timer!!! YAY! OMG it is 02:19 am here and I just screamed so fucking loud because I did it xD

strata8

It's a bit of a trade-off.

Horizon 1 had a better sense of the progression but in Horizon 2 you're exposed to a much greater variety of vehicles. I loved driving the Ariel Atom and the option is there to do 5 championships in it... roughly 20 races or 30% of the main career.

How many chances would I have had in Horizon 1? 4 or 5, at most?

Both approaches have their strengths and hopefully Playground finds a way to combine them in the next game.

arhra

I think part of the problem is that pre-defined AI characters would kinda stick out in a game where the rest of the AI are all drivatars.

I think the idea was that you'd form natural rivalries with your friends/clubmates, but I think that kinda falls down if you have a big enough friendslist/club, as you rarely see the same names often enough to care about them particularly. Not sure what they could do to fix that, though; maybe pull out a subset at random, so that at least you get the same names fairly consistently, at least for races?

psychotron

Perhaps unrelated to the game, but I've got the "controller disconnected" message 3 times today while playing. I also fell through the ground once and had to restart the game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i love when i see a gaffer on my friends list and horizon labels him/her an average driver. i lol everytime

Top Bottom