• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

RyudBoy

LOL @ challenge #3 in the second Bucket List being listed as easy. It's easily the hardest one and should be listed as "Throw your controller at the TV" difficulty. I was able to get 15 drifts on my first try, and now I can't seem to get over 10 before giving up, since I know I won't make it before the time runs out. First time being frustrated with the game. It's the last Bucket List challenge that I need to finish, too.

K, I'm done venting. Time to beat this shit right now.

Monad

Nice catch.

Here's one from the comparison thread I did.

Shows the dirt/smoke particles. Love how the dirt billows out and catches both the shadow and light.

zbgkhx.gif

Brilliant.

Even after played DriveClub, I still amazed with the Playground Games' work at FH2, astonishing simply put.

That is a nice little effect.

Do the opponents headlights light the player's interior like that too?

Yup, all the lights in the environment have incidence within the cockpit.

Minute 0:05, just when he passes the white Alfa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfHmE-4AGr4

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This is so much fun. I still have 10 championship to go. I am not rushing into finishing everything. Truly taking time driving around, and enjoying.

btw people what the best off road car?

So anybody? I want to buy one kickass off road car.

Sanpei

When i try online, i get "installing content bla bla" message...But game is installed totally...

How can i get rid of this error ?

Ugh the game is taking FOREVER to load my save. Does this have to do with the friends list outage or something? I've been waiting legit 2 minutes to get past the loading screen and so far nothing. Ugh.

Waited 5 minutes. Didn't load. Fuck it.

Dramos

I finally found time to play! University is taking a lot of my time but this game is awesome! I was trying to join the club but it's full. My name has been on the list before launch :(

makemineastella

Neo Member
I finally found time to play! University is taking a lot of my time but this game is awesome! I was trying to join the club but it's full. My name has been on the list before launch :(
Yeah me too been busy with work finally got a bit of time to play and the club was full oh well nevermind game is awesome though 😆

I think its going to go private soon, and there will be a culling!

So you should get in soon.

Anion

There are 2 reddit teams. Maybe we should make 2 Gaf teams.

Also, we are loosing to both those reddit teams!
Bzx49K2CYAAk6Oj.png:large

Kalm

There are 2 reddit teams. Maybe we should make 2 Gaf teams.

Also, we are loosing to both those reddit teams!

Well, a second GAF club would be wayyyyy behind.

If we want to keep climbing the ladder, it makes more sense to keep one club and just bump people that haven't been active -- anyone with 0 weekly xp the day before the server reset, for example. This would let us keep the club public and full of xp-earners.

If a person couldn't play for a week and got bumped on a Saturday, the turnover would probably be high enough that they could just re-join on Sunday. It also seems like much less work for the club leaders compared to going private and constantly having to update a registered members list.

statham

my god was the final race long, glad I didn't choose a D or C class car :)

I should hit forza rewards tier 6 when it updates tomorrow. All boards smashed, all perks gotten, all roads found, and 232 car photo taken, what a great game, I will come back to it often, and will be my inbetween game for awhile.

Kalm

@ Helios and/or fellow TX 458 owners:

I know this is a long shot, but is there any way that a recent update made adjustments to wheel FFB? Or introduced a bug/glitch regarding FFB?

All of a sudden, I have to crank the force feedback setting up to max and it's still not even close to the resistance I had on 65 since launch. I'm 99% sure the wheel is failing but I figured I had better make sure before I RMA it.

... :(

tuna_love

Banned

I know this is a long shot, but is there any way that a recent update made adjustments to wheel FFB? Or introduced a bug/glitch regarding FFB?

All of a sudden, I have to crank the force feedback setting up to max and it's still not even close to the resistance I had on 65 since launch. I'm 99% sure the wheel is failing but I figured I had better make sure before I RMA it.

Sorry friend. I think your wheel is fucked. FFB on max is nuts on this game with mine

Have you tried hooking it up to your pc and putting it in boot mode? Ive read that its a fix for some issues that arise on the TX.

Edit: Also was this after prolonged playtime session or from a cold start?

Kalm

Sorry friend. I think your wheel is fucked. FFB on max is nuts on this game with mine

Have you tried hooking it up to your pc and putting it in boot mode? Ive read that its a fix for some issues that arise on the TX.

Edit: Also was this after prolonged playtime session or from a cold start?

Yea, thanks guys. I already knew, just didn't want to believe it.

It's hard to say if it's heat related or not; I first noticed it on boot-up this evening but I had a really long session yesterday with a drift-tuned Silvia so the wheel definitely got a work-out. I do notice that the fan almost constantly runs at max now but the base and airflow are cool.

I did all troubleshooting stuff on the Thrustmaster site -- resetting the wheel, resetting the console and usb profile etc. -- and nothing worked. Reading soundscream's post reminded me that the pc driver has a FFB test so I guess I'll try that next as a last-ditch effort. Seems like it's definitely f*cked though.

Such a shame as it really is an amazing piece of kit.

Enilced2

This game is really quite fantastic I just wish online races didn't always start with a big ram fest to run each other off the road haha

I wish clubs keep track of individual total XP contributed along with weekly. It'd be cool to see the people who have gained the most XP throughout the club's history.

Warablo

How the hell do I find the Neogaf designs? I can't get it to find it..

EDIT: Nvm, go to community then vinyl groups..

Yea, thanks guys. I already knew, just didn't want to believe it.

It's hard to say if it's heat related or not; I first noticed it on boot-up this evening but I had a really long session yesterday with a drift-tuned Silvia so the wheel definitely got a work-out. I do notice that the fan almost constantly runs at max now but the base and airflow are cool.

I did all troubleshooting stuff on the Thrustmaster site -- resetting the wheel, resetting the console and usb profile etc. -- and nothing worked. Reading soundscream's post reminded me that the pc driver has a FFB test so I guess I'll try that next as a last-ditch effort. Seems like it's definitely f*cked though.

Such a shame as it really is an amazing piece of kit.

Got mine back from Thrustmaster this morning, the RMA process isn't so bad but communication was lousy returning the base to me, only a fluke somebody was in to receive it.

They sent me a brand new base too, was just expecting a repair.

Strange as build quality appears to be a fraction better.

Lego Boss

You know...I'm not entirely sure myself. All I know is that the format in FH2 isn't really doing it for me.

I'm just starting to get bored of racer campaigns, I guess. It's not FH2's fault, it just happens to be the game I'm playing as I realised that I'm bored of this structure. The straw that broke the camel's back, as the saying goes.

Damn...now I'm wonder if Driveclub will underwhelm me in the same way. It probably will.....

Hopefully it's gameplay is as fun as FH2's to keep me interested.

Have you played Grid Autosport? Grindathon. You can't access special events until you've reached a certain level in all disciplines, which means even the ones you hate you must do.

I don't think the original Gran Turismo was like that, but Codies just love fucking around with things. FH2 sounds much more open and flexible.

Finally going to get to play this later, just like Forza 5 being late to the party has hurt my enthusiasm a bit but hopefully that'll all melt away when I fire it up.

Tried loading it up again... and nothing.

Is it just me? Anyone else having issues?

I had this issue and the only way to fix it was to do a full uninstall and reinstall. Checking out the Forza Horizon 2 boards it looks like some people's games got screwed up when they released the first dlc pack and this is the only confirmed way to fix it. Hopefully they get it sorted out by the second pack.

I had this issue and the only way to fix it was to do a full uninstall and reinstall. Checking out the Forza Horizon 2 boards it looks like some people's games got screwed up when they released the first dlc pack and this is the only confirmed way to fix it. Hopefully they get it sorted out by the second pack.

Ugh, well I've had the first pack since it was released and have played without issue. Hoping I don't have to uninstall fully.

If you have an external hard drive, then you might want to try performing a factory reset.

The external hard drive eliminates the need to redownload everything.

mujun

I had a lot of fun with the 360 version of this.

I played through every race and mastered about three of them and that was enough for me.

I've sold the game off and I'm picking up the first game again. I definitely enjoyed it more than the second game.

timlot

Banned
Finally got through the 2nd championship. Dozed off in the credits twice already. Looks like a nice size army was involved in the creation of this game.

JamboGT

Hey there, was playing this at the weekend at a mates, looks very nice and sounds good but is there any way to speed up the steering? I had aids off and on simulation but the initial steering input seemed slow and then again when I applied opposite lock, was wondering if it was anything to do with the settings I was using?

moaaz

Getting an installing content message at 100% when I try to go online. I've tried a full console reboot but still the same. Can anyone help.

PrinceKee

Fyi, I've created GAF team decals for you all to slap on your vehicles at will, search for my tag ( m0dus ) or the keyword 'NeoGAF'

PlkEYlC.jpg

In addition, I'm going to just throw full liveries up for every car I use to progress. Thus far I've shared the veneno and the focus;

jPvCBZ2.jpg

HTuLuj3.jpg

BNfJ3Gu.jpg

JhMRS27.jpg

You my friend are talented. A lot of paint jobs I see people uploading are trash and take away from the beautiful cars in the game IMO. But, I will be slapping on the GAF decal and representing. I wish you'd teach me how to make my own designs or make a youtube video guide.

Dave_6

Fyi, I've created GAF team decals for you all to slap on your vehicles at will, search for my tag ( m0dus ) or the keyword 'NeoGAF'

PlkEYlC.jpg

In addition, I'm going to just throw full liveries up for every car I use to progress. Thus far I've shared the veneno and the focus;

jPvCBZ2.jpg

HTuLuj3.jpg

BNfJ3Gu.jpg

JhMRS27.jpg

These are amazing! I've got to remember to search for these tonight!

OneLetter

Managed to hit Tier 1 for each of the first two weeks, but I have a feeling I won't make it 3 in a row. Getting 1.5 Million XP only from Online / SP racing (all other collectibles / etc. completed) is a bit too grindy for me.

I really enjoy the Online Road Trips though, but I really wish people online understood that the Team races are a TEAM race. Constantly having people on my own color ramming me off the road or into a corner, when we should be working together against the other color.

I'm up to 140 owned cars. Would be at 175 (and the Sultan achievement) if it didn't take so long to buy a car and get back into the menu...heh. Got 4 million CR burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

Top Bottom