• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

HeliosT10

Maybe it's a crazy question but still: what about a multi-screen option? It would be so cool (does FM5 even have it?).

FM5 doesn't support that too. Well not with retail Xbox One's anyway. (on special developer kits we do have the ability to do triple screen though).

The Xbox One retail platform doesn't have multi-screen support at present, but if the platform does support it in future we might be able to enable it. Guess it's something you'd have to request on the Xbox feedback forums. If enough people ask for it, who knows!

_DrMario_

Still can't play my game. Keeps freezing on start up. Perfect timing with the long weekend.

Extremely disappointed with how this launch was handled. If I hadn't managed 30+ hours before the crash happened I would be fucking furious, but right now I'll just move on to another racing game.

FM5 doesn't support that too. Well not with retail Xbox One's anyway. (on special developer kits we do have the ability to do triple screen though).

The Xbox One retail platform doesn't have multi-screen support at present, but if the platform does support it in future we might be able to enable it. Guess it's something you'd have to request on the Xbox feedback forums. If enough people ask for it, who knows!

Thank you Helios, it's always nice to have you answering question!

I hope triple-screen support will be back in Forza someday.

sangreal

Just had my first 2 lockups within the span of 30 minutes or so. First one was during loading after finishing a championship race (progresss saved at least) and second was just in the middle of a road trip; no xp boards.

I'm on preview dash but haven't had any problems before now

jesu

It's 4 am, I'm drunk, I've been out, I'm back home, I've been to bed, I'm back up again, I'm drinking again, I've just beat someone in a showdown.
There is no way I should be winning races in this state.

Is there something weird about scoring in championships that I'm missing? I was in 2nd place by 8 points somehow after winning 2 of 3 races and placing 2nd in the other. Then I won the last race, first place guy came in 2nd to last and somehow I got leapfrogged by somebody and still placed 2nd overall by 2 points. This was in Montellino. Single player.

Also, there were multiple duplicate names (almost like duos). But I don't know if that was on purpose or not.

I think it was a glitch. I'm redoing the championship now and everything is normal. Every opponent is a separate name and points make sense.

GHG

Gold Member
What's the fastest car in the game for a reasonable price?

I'm thinking of getting the Hennessey or M600 and modding to get more performance.

Are there other cars I should be considering?

Want something in my garage capable of 400+ kmh.

OrangeOak

Just bought it couple hours ago and I must say that it looks really nice when there is sun and rain or sun and wet.It looks even better in motion then on these beautiful screens.
So far it is really fun but to be fair it is still installing so I haven't seen much yet.

Helios

Was just playing online when my car fell through the ground. Game then sat there frozen until it kicked me off online. Is this a known issue?

Edit: here

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...oovy&vid=2731a175-a09f-40c9-8199-444a1c0698d3
Happened to me too. There are a ton of glitches in this game. Other things that happened to me include

Random disconnects
Higher class cars in multiplayer events
Names of other players not loading
Wrong scoring
Freezes
Game world not loading/streaming

I only remember one racing game that had more glitches at launch. TDU 2. Even Shift's bouncing cars weren't this bad. I never expected the lack of polish in a Forza game.

had a blast in this last night. The game is just so much fun. No glitches or anything here so it's strange to see all these complaints?

Between this, Diablo 3, then Sunset overdrive and Halo, i think i can close out the year with these games.

anthonyOA

fhhqm.jpg
?

Happened to me to. There are a ton of glitches in this game. Other things that happened to me include

Random disconnects
Higher class cars in multiplayer events
Names of other players not loading
Wrong scoring
Freezes
Game world not loading/streaming

I only remember one racing game that had more glitches at launch. TDU 2. Even Shift's bouncing cars weren't this bad. I never expected the lack of polish in a Forza game.

Yep me and a friend have a great time when playing online together but he is losing interest as he still freezes on the 1st car meet.
He can't do any championships, join a club or any special events such as race the train as these are all unlocked afterwards.

He's on preview dashboard with all OS and game updates.

psychotron

I'm also getting micro freezes now, which is a huge annoyance for me. It doesn't happen too often, but it never happened when the game first released.

Finally started to give this some proper attention with SoM finished and finished my first showcase event earlier.

Pretty damn sweet. I love the rain effect, but I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed by the lack of beading up the hood/windshield when you're hitting 100mph. Still, minor complaint.

I'll probably be jumping back and forth between this and DC, but with more focus on this until Evo/Sony get the servers sorted for DC.

How much of it have you played? Not strange at all when videos are put up for people to see. They are there and have been acknowledged by Helios on occasion.

Yeah the names not loading are weird. I also have one glitch where the name on score board comparing stats show nothing but bracketts and a score of 999,999,999. Makes me feel hopeless :)
Like between 10 to 15 hours. Nothing running odd yet so touch wood.

ElyrionX

The finale route was so disappointing. I can't believe they didn't use that huge freeway section with the tunnel running through the mountain.

ElyrionX

I was borred so I just rewatched the Giantbomb quicklook of Horizon 1.... Man.... In many ways it was such a better game than 2.

There's obviously a bunch of stuff that is better in the sequel like graphics, the openness of the map with all the off road driving, the amount of radios (even if I think there is a tragic lack of diversity in styles), online stuff, etc.

However, the idea of progressing through the wristbands with new races unlocking as you go and the fact that you had a rival character to beat for each wristbands with a special race at the end of each tier was SO MUCH BETTER. It felt like the races had a purpose and you had a clear progession.

The concept of climbing through the popularity ranks to unlock the showdowns was really cool too.

Anyway, Horizon 2 is still a massively fun game but I really don't understand why they completely gutted out all the career/campaign stuff.

Agreed. I have a feeling they rushed this one out of the gates.

FH1 had a far superior career mode.

Finally beat that Lancia bucket list.The key is just hauling ass past those trees, its not so bad after.

Beat the second finale today, so now I can finally just fuck around in the world and buy and try many cars on the open road :)

eastx

Any chance of letting us change our driver's skin color or gender? Kinda weird that we're forced to be privileged white males.

Also, it would be fantastic if we could adjust the difficulty on the Bucket List challenges. Even some of the "Easy" ones are well beyond what I'll ever be able to achieve.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This is so much fun. I still have 10 championship to go. I am not rushing into finishing everything. Truly taking time driving around, and enjoying.

btw people what the best off road car?

jayvo

So I just used all my credits to buy a McClaren and mistakenly removed it. Did I just screw myself out of 192,000 credits or is there a way to get the car that I just paid for?

Finally had that 370Z with the G-Shock livery show up in my game, so I got that last photo.

So I just used all my credits to buy a McClaren and mistakenly removed it. Did I just screw myself out of 192,000 credits or is there a way to get the car that I just paid for?

That sucks. Pretty sure you screwed yourself.

Sdkkds

Neo Member
So is there a way for me to play the long finale laps again?
This game would have been so much better if we where able to set up custom laps, I want some more long 20 - 30 min point to point races.

tait269

I think part of the problem is that pre-defined AI characters would kinda stick out in a game where the rest of the AI are all drivatars.

I think the idea was that you'd form natural rivalries with your friends/clubmates, but I think that kinda falls down if you have a big enough friendslist/club, as you rarely see the same names often enough to care about them particularly. Not sure what they could do to fix that, though; maybe pull out a subset at random, so that at least you get the same names fairly consistently, at least for races?

If they used took some inspiration from shadow of mordor's Nemesis System to create some dynamic rivals based on Drivatars, that would be cool.

Top Bottom