• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Because physical always releases at the same time around the world right?

It's about expectations, I don't think anyone would be too upset if we knew in advance that it would unlock at different times based on time zone.

It's when you are told one thing, and given another, that people get upset. Believe it or not there's probably quite a few people who planned their day/next day around this, and there's nothing wrong with that.

You'd be upset if you paid to go see a movie at a certain time and they kept you waiting at the door for 2 hours before letting you in, wouldn't you?

GlamFM

Banned
It's about expectations, I don't think anyone would be too upset if we knew in advance that it would unlock at different times based on time zone.

It's when you are told one thing, and given another, that people get upset. Believe it or not there's probably quite a few people who planned their day/next day around this, and there's nothing wrong with that.

You'd be upset if you paid to go see a movie at a certain time and they kept you waiting at the door for 2 hours before letting you in, wouldn't you?

At what point did they give us a specific unlock time?

Edit: turns out they did.

Chucker

At what point did they give us a specific unlock time?
There has been a time for quite a while.
hDlhVJvl.jpg

Navy Bean

So I got the Deluxe and the 5 VIP cars are not free in-game? Is that how it's supposed to work? Really sucks if that's the case. Hated that about Forza 5.

sangreal

they aren't for me, all have prices and nothing in my garage besides what's given so far.

Did you install the dlc? I manually installed it from the manage game menu in my games and apps

So I got the Deluxe and the 5 VIP cars are not free in-game? Is that how it's supposed to work? Really sucks if that's the case. Hated that about Forza 5.

No they should be free (they are for me). My advice would again be to make sure the vip pack is actually installed

I didn't buy the bundle though. I preordered the regular version then later caved and added vip. All the vip and launch bonus cars are free for me

Cushen

Neo Member
Another update.. lol.

9/30/2014 12:57:21 AM CST:
Having trouble trying to play your preorder of Forza horizon 2? Our engineers are currently working to get this fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for hanging in there while we work. We appreciate it! Check back in 30 minutes for an update on this issue.

This is now the 3rd time they've told us to check back in 30 mins.

Chucker

It's gonna be 3AM, and I hate it. :(
This is where I throw in the towel for tonight. If my kid sleeps well I can still get a good amount of sleep before work.

Good luck!

Sebtrt

Neo Member

Same thing for me. It's the Forza 5 launch all over again. No Forza Rewards and VIP not working. Took them a long time to fix with Forza 5. Better not be the same case here.

My pre order/preload story.

I'm in the UK.

Preordered ultimate from US store.

Woke up at 4;30am to play and leave for work at 6am.

Didn't unlock.

Fuuuuuuuu.

Tried everything under the sun to get past the "unavailable" screen.

Uninstalled preload.

Couldn't even start re downloading the ultimate edition.

Had to "buy" the vanilla game to start downloading again.

Going to the page for the ultimate edition in the store let me go to "manage" my ultimate edition (which doesn't even show in my game library anymore) to install the VIP pass and car pack from my ultimate purchase.

After about 15 mins Game let me start playing at 22% downloaded (thank god for 76mbps internets)

Had to leave for work after five minutes of playing.

Long story short, I will not pre-order or preload again till the issue is identified and fixed. I guess it's not even necessary for me anyway, I can just buy when the game releases and start playing after 15 mins of downloading.

Fox Mulder

Did you install the dlc? I manually installed it from the manage game menu in my games and apps

No they should be free (they are for me). My advice would again be to make sure the vip pack is actually installed

I'm talking about the free cars based on your rewards tier, not the day one dlc or any of that.

oh well, at least I can play the game, sucks for people that stayed up and can't for whatever reason.

Another update.. lol.

This is now the 3rd time they've told us to check back in 30 mins.

This is pretty poor, they're just throwing out the same sentence every 30 minutes. At least give us a minor statement about whats happening like "Time Zone Bug" or something.

Nah, a few people were able to play in the back pages. Mine unlocked exactly at 9:01pm
Arizona

Sorry, I meant that everyone previously was able to play it at the time it was supposed to be available.

I was asking if this is the first person who was originally unable to play it at launch suddenly have it unlock

I would go to sleep but I've stayed up for so long at this point that it feels like I can't just quit now....I know it will unlock the minute I walk away from my TV :mad:

Navy Bean

Same thing for me. It's the Forza 5 launch all over again. No Forza Rewards and VIP not working. Took them a long time to fix with Forza 5. Better not be the same case here.
At least I got to play some of the game. But, I reinstalled the VIP crap several times and nothing. Game does not recognize it. Oh well, seems they have bigger fish to fry right now but hope it gets smoothed out by tomorrow.

Pulled the trigger last minute and was able to open the game up at about 60% downloaded (I'm in Arizona). So incredibly fun going off road.

GetPhoto.ashx

Top Bottom