• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Megasoum

Banned
Way to twist words to serve a purpose bro.

We have no idea what exactly is causing these issues so please don't start crap like this until we know for sure.

One game launch with problems doesn't prove anything when other games have no problems and the Azure servers are being constantly used by other services.

If these issues were caused directly by the servers Horizon 2 wouldn't be the only game affected by it.

... All I'm saying in my previous message is that a Microsoft's servers still can't handle the load almost 4 days after the release of a Microsoft first party game. Not sure what I'm apparently twisting here?

FordGTGuy

Banned
... All I'm saying in my previous message is that a Microsoft's servers still can't handle the load almost 4 days after the release of a Microsoft first party game. Not sure what I'm apparently twisting here?

It's twisting because it's clearly not a fault with the servers or its ability to "spin up servers" to handle load.

Azure does not work like other data centers that host games, Azure priorities depend on demand. In other words if this was being caused by overload on the servers Horizon 2 wouldn't be the only game to be affected by the server overload.

Not only that but other Microsoft services would be affected too including Office, Bing, hosting and more.

jns

So can anyone confirm if they have been able to do any online at all? The multi is totally broken for me and tells me it cant connect and the to check my nat settings etc. This is normal online, online free roam and even the carclub stuff. I can use the marketplace (and my xbox nat is fine, all other games play multi fine) and check leaderboards, but cant do any multi at all.

Im loving the game, but I can't find any kind of confirmation that they are aware that the servers are fucked. The official forums have a lot of posts about this issue (and so does this thread).

So, again, has anybody been able to start up their own game, and then join a m,ultiplayer game? Not join a friend already playing?

HeliosT10

So can anyone confirm if they have been able to do any online at all? The multi is totally broken for me and tells me it cant connect and the to check my nat settings etc. This is normal online, online free roam and even the carclub stuff. I can use the marketplace (and my xbox nat is fine, all other games play multi fine) and check leaderboards, but cant do any multi at all.

Im loving the game, but I can't find any kind of confirmation that they are aware that the servers are fucked. The official forums have a lot of posts about this issue (and so does this thread).

So, again, has anybody been able to start up their own game, and then join a m,ultiplayer game? Not join a friend already playing?

See here for the latest - http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...er-Issues--Update--4--10-2-1-30-p-m--PST.aspx

I'm playing online now in a 12 player roadtrip btw.

blakep267

Hey guys, had a quick question, is there some kind of error with purchasing the day one edition on the xbox marketplace? I have $16 in xbox credits and i wanted to combine it with my credit card( which it seems to allow)but its not letting me getting an error

any1?

klodeckel

Banned
Wow, online roadtrip is so much fun! The points / vote / contest systems are very nice. I honestly have to say I really like the UI of the game. Clean, fast, easy to understand.

I can understand your frustration, believe me when I say we're on this as a top priority.

Is there anywhere we can report issues with the game itself? I've noticed two little bugs with car models that I'm not sure have been noticed.

First one is the 2006 Audi RS4. If I turn the wheels to full lock when I'm stationary, the front wheels barely turn. The car has a cartoonish looking turning circle because of how little the wheels rotate.

The other one is a bit bigger, and it's on the Tesla Model S. I noticed when the car loses its front bumper, the area underneath isn't modelled at all. I saw an AI car missing its bumper and I could see through the entire car, behind the wheels and everything.

TMWNN35

I heard an interview recently where Playground said the sound is somewhat exaggerated in FH2 compared to FM5 - is a deliberate thing due to the more arcade nature of the game.

I think they could afford to exaggerate it a fair bit more especially for the turbocharged cars, driving an actual turbo car still makes a lot of sounds that don't come through in the game. That said I am loving it and its still the best sounding racer by some margin to my ears.

I also managed to fall out of the world just now while reversing out of one of those little nooks all the billboards are hidden in in my F50.

Kssio_Aug

I hate the photomode! It doesnt let me enjoy the game on those beautiful landscapes! T-T

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

HeliosT10

Is there anywhere we can report issues with the game itself? I've noticed two little bugs with car models that I'm not sure have been noticed.

First one is the 2006 Audi RS4. If I turn the wheels to full lock when I'm stationary, the front wheels barely turn. The car has a cartoonish looking turning circle because of how little the wheels rotate.

The other one is a bit bigger, and it's on the Tesla Model S. I noticed when the car loses its front bumper, the area underneath isn't modelled at all. I saw an AI car missing its bumper and I could see through the entire car, behind the wheels and everything.

Our official forums would be the best place for that.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_topics66_Horizon-2-Discussion.aspx

ZanDatsu

you must not have actually downloaded it, since it wont just download again over the existing game.

I purposely left my console on for hours while watching it download, so I'm certain it did. It even acknowledged the download by then saying the game would be ready to play on the release date. I don't understand why it wouldn't just unlock. I'm able to play now, but only because it's partially downloaded. Actually just had to stop because I got to a part that hasn't finished downloading.

Checked again...still no reward cars/credits...only thing I'm getting is the drivatar payout...I'd figure if the servers weren't sending things correctly that those would be slow as well...knowing my luck I won't get any of the stuff I'm supposed to

Did anyone get Forza Rewards credits yet, or Tier reward cars? I'm still waiting for 2.1 mil credits and Tier 6 cars to be gifted. I hope they gonna be send soon.

Hawk269

I can understand your frustration, believe me when I say we're on this as a top priority.

Helios anything you can tell us as to what is causing the issues? It is so bizarre the issues with this game. It effects almost everything. I had issues where when the game goes to payout credits/xp after you finish a race and at times it just sits there, other times it adds up the xp immediately. It is like it is waiting for something from the server to continue.

I hate to be the one saying this, but at times I feel like "not playing the game". As good as the game is, due to it's reliability on being connected, sometimes when I go to play a game on my system I ask myself "should I try FH2 or should I play something else until they sort the issues out". Not a good feeling when you pay for the Ultimate Edition.

Please don't take that as giving you guys shit or anything. I am just a gamer that has played every forza game made and it is just disappointing that when I want to play the newest edition, it is a crap shoot if it will work properly. Just hope for all of us that these things are sorted in a timely manner.

I preordered my game and surprise, none of Chilean stores got any pre-order car, for first time. So disappointing, first Forza that I dont have the Collectors/Limited edition and first that doesnt get any pre-order bonus here :(

Oh well, I hope I have time to play it tomorrow.

Hawk269

Save your money, stick with the XB1 version.

Not really unless you have a lot of friends on 360 that you will game with. My nephew has the 360 version since he has not got his One yet (that is coming this Xmas from Uncle Hawk269) and I played it a bit and it is fun like the first game, but I would not get it because it is similar to the One version in most respects, obviously a major GFX improvement for the One version.

Gestault

I've run into real issues with the game locking up, repeating about half a second worth of whatever the last audio the game was playing until I quit at the dashboard. My snapped "Giant Bomb vs a Roller Coaster" Youtube video continues fine, but my gleeful exploration takes a serious hit when my game locks up more than once over the course of an hour.

Not thrilled. I blame the United Kingdom. And terrorists.

Is there any way to turn off the messages about people joining/quitting the club? I always get so excited when I see a counter by my social tab because I'm thinking it's my cars and credits.

arhra

The lock-ups appear to have solved themselves?

I've had two lockups/crashes to dash, once at the autoshow while I was trying to buy all my DLC cars, and once at the garage when switching cars (still on the September dash, installed to external).

Also it seems that if you paint a Donkervoort bright yellow, it turns goddamn radioactive when viewed from cockpit view. But strangely, only cockpit view. external cams and bonnet cam are perfectly normal.

Top Bottom