• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Yager

Banned
I'm at work rigth now and I can't stop thinking about this game. 4.30 more hours, just 4.30...this'll be a long morning :/

p3tran

Banned
so, ForzaGAF is really rockin' it!

I just fired up the game with my morning coffee, and we are right now sitting at number 7 globally.

we are now in the big boys turf, only jalopnik, giant bomb (jeff??!?), 2x reddits and the prerelease OVEN team is above us.

then we leave major nelsons 1000 member team to beat for last, this we'll do with festivities etc :D

I got to say, many members of the club are totally kickin' it!
some of you are kickin it out of orbit!!!
oh, and RawNuts, I'm convinced you are a machine..!

derFeef

I'm at work rigth now and I can't stop thinking about this game. 4.30 more hours, just 4.30...this'll be a long morning :/

Me too, and I am not able to play for the next days, it's heartbraking.

I just fired up the game with my morning coffee, and we are right now sitting at number 7 globally.

we are now in the big boys turf, only jalopnik, giant bomb (jeff??!?), 2x reddits and the prerelease OVEN team is above us.

then we leave major nelsons 1000 member team to beat for last, this we'll do with festivities etc :D

Sweet! Not contributing much right now, but good to hear :)

How can you guys play a game totally designed around a rewind feature?

I have it disabled. Plays fine. Wut.

Huh? It plays well without rewind. If it's too hard for you, and you can't remedy that by adjusting some of the plentiful difficulty options (which is highly unlikely), then you are free to use the said rewind feature, it won't bite.

ShamePain

Banned

Wait till all of us European and Pacific gaffers get the game, we'll have those fools beat in a weekend. :)

My goal last night (or should I say very early this morning) was to join the GAF club.

Completed the 1st 3 championships and beat the train so goal reached by about 2am

Enjoyed every minute so far especially the off road race around the Abby.

p3tran

Banned

do you know of the legendary Greek, Aisopos? (Aesop as english call him)
a fantastic story teller from the ancient times..
well, maybe you have heard one of his stories about the fox and the grapes?
you know, fox was hungry, jumped with all its strength to reach them grapes that hanged high on the vine... didnt make it.. "ah well, who needs your sour grapes anyway.."

can you see the parallel from ancient to contemporary? I think you can..

Unlocked at midnight, played a couple of hours, then some more this morning. Got to the point where I could join the club. Game is wonderful.

A few minor issues.

1, Just had the game hard lock and return to desktop. Hopefully this kind of thing is related to the October Preview and once I've got the regular retail update this won't happen again.
2, No replay saves.
3, No auto switching cameras in replay - a very odd omission. However setting the camera to the pan across setting gives you lots of great angles to play with.

Daffy Duck

rTICnsu.jpg

Thread title needs to change:

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Be Kind Rewind

Lol.

p3tran

Banned
by the way, ForzaGAF is currently sitting on 85 million XP points.

and as you may know, if you touch rewind, your accumulated XP insta-goes to zero!

so, better find something else to be concerned, unless you are arthur gies

;)

TheKeyPit

Banned
Question: Why isn't there a damage-reset button like in the demo? When playing online and some
dum****
crashes so hard into my car in free-roam that I can't reach the next destination because my car is nondrivable I could flip a table...

NickMitch

Oh man, why the hell didn´t I spend more time in the SP....I´m right at the start of the 3rd championship and thus unable to join the club...

The problem is that i wanted to try out the online-stuff and it got the hooks in me right away.
Addicitve stuff!!!

ShamePain

Banned
Question: Why isn't there a damage-reset button like in the demo? When playing online and some
dum****
crashes so hard into my car in free-roam that I can't reach the next destination because my car is nondrivable I could flip a table...

Can't you quickly turn off damage and then turn it back on again?

dum****
Yeah, I'd like it to work like the demo at least - with the option instantly available at the menu. Its especially necessary for this game since traffic ahead of you will now turn right off the road and into the grass outta nowhere, and even roughin it on off road paths can get you t-boned to hell and back since so many drivatars barrel across them.

I find myself pausing the game, bringing up photo mode, resetting damage and then exiting photo-mode way too much for comfort. If the damage was always my fault I could accept it better, but Drivatars can and will crash right into you, often, no matter how well you drive.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah, I'd like it to work like the demo at least - with the option instantly available at the menu. Its especially necessary for this game since traffic ahead of you will now turn right off the road and into the grass outta nowhere, and even roughin it on off road paths can get you t-boned to hell and back since so many drivatars barrel across them.

I find myself pausing the game, bringing up photo mode, resetting damage and then exiting photo-mode way too much for comfort. If the damage was always my fault I could accept it better, but Drivatars can and will crash right into you, often, no matter how well you drive.

Are yall talking about if you play Simulation damage?

Are yall talking about if you play Simulation damage?
Unlike the demo I haven't found a quick way to reset damage in the full version of the game, whether set to simulation or cosmetic. I use cosmetic damage personally, for all the same reasons I posted above. There's too much chaos.

Fox Mulder

I turn off damage in horizon games. I've never really liked the way the cars look when damaged in forza games, as it's like warped plastic or something.

TheKeyPit

Banned
So, I've redeemed my Tier 3 rewards yesterday and thought I'd have them by now, but nothing happened. No cars, no credits. What's going on?

NickMitch

Unlike the demo I haven't found a quick way to reset damage in the full version of the game, whether set to simulation or cosmetic. I use cosmetic damage personally, for all the same reasons I posted above. There's too much chaos.

The fastest way is to Pause and enter Photo Mode...There you can press LB to reset the visual damage at least. The game will then prompt that resetting the damage in photo mode also resets the damage in the game...

This is for visual damage only though...

MouldyK

Ugh, I am usually a Cockpit-Mode, No HUD (except map), sorta-guy, but I dunno if I should just relax and go outside view with speedometer and map so I can get a real look of the cars and country.

Such choices.

Edit: So how is everyone else playing the game in terms of camera and HUD?

Sordid

I've resorted to using the full racing line on some of the off road races, I miss turns too easily when there are loads of trees :(

Edit: CPU cars skipping checkpoints to overtake me is really annoying. Is it a bug?

Ugh, I am usually a Cockpit-Mode, No HUD (except map), sorta-guy, but I dunno if I should just relax and go outside view with speedometer and map so I can get a real look of the cars and country.

Such choices.

I'm going with hood-cam with speedometer. I felt like the sense of speed was better in hood-cam when I played the demo, and I could see more of the world.

gunner13

Neo Member

If a garage isn't near by, you can go to a "meet" and swap cars that way too.

B3N1

Such choices.

I tried turning the map off, but I always feel like I'll miss out on something, so I have it back on. Camera is close 3rd person/hood/cockpit in a ~5/3/1 ratio. Pretty strange after playing in cockpit since FM3, but I feel being at a huge disadvantage with cockpit cam, and the 3rd person ones feel much better than they did in FH1.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
It's driving me crazy! Who voices Ben? I know I know that voice from somewhere.
Dude from Grange Hill back in the day, Sean Maguire, I'm sure he did a comedy show in the US recently but played the character with an American accent.

Top Bottom