• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

I'm having that feeling now with the off-road races in Sisteron. You're lucky to be going about 90 and while racing the "Highly Skilled" drivatars it seems like the top 3-4 can go about 20+ MPH faster with no chance of catching up. Then while you're struggling to keep up here comes the cars from the back al of a sudden passing you like you're standing still.
AI drivers are also perfectly planted on the ground when turning in at speed, while my cars go sliding past (or through) the turn marker signs.

For the harder races I was just drafting behind the lead car until the final turns.

Gestault

For us humans, you are correct. But I am willing to bet the AI has some unnatural grip in those races.

I've never seen an unnatural turn like that in this series, and I've played quite a bit. You can tell when the computer (for example) brakes way too early when you have the difficulty lower, but I don't think the game's really built in a way where it needs to cheat to outperform the player.

If I'm understanding you right, that tends to be down to the angle you come into the turn from.
Some of it, definitely, which is why I just drafted behind the lead cars to figure out the line they were using. Even still, I'd usually take those same turns way wider, even at lower speed.

Those are my observations from the off-road races on Sisteron, and I could be mistaken overall, but that's how it seemed.

I've never seen an unnatural turn like that in this series, and I've played quite a bit. You can tell when the computer (for example) brakes way too early when you have the difficulty lower, but I don't think the game's really built in a way where it needs to cheat to outperform the player.

It probably does cheat like on Forza 5 if they go off the track they don't lose their handling or speed and just continue on their way like nothing happened.

Haha, you could be right and I could just not be that great at the off road races but I have definitely seen the AI do things that don't seem like they are going by the same rules we are. Also, they like to skip checkpoints. Which I am assuming is something they can patch later.

Fox Mulder

God, they haven't changed the car shop at all from forza 5.

You still cant filter out free cars, and when you eventually find a free car it bloody resets you back to 'a'

it's so stupid. Free cars should at least auto filter to the front or something. Buying a DLC pack in Forza 5 and having to scroll through the entire list for each car, only to be booted back out of the store each time was infuriating and needless.

Been thinking about things that I think were missed opportunities since we all generally agree the game is great.

The game's flow with championships needs more variety. I know there's plenty of other stuff to do in the world but when you consider that the championships are ALL sets of 12-car races that means there's right around 672 races you have to finish to complete them all. And I think pretty much anyone going for working through those will have completed all the side activities much earlier you'll likely find yourself finished with side activities and still have 500+ regular races to plow through. It's a lot of content but I think they should have really considered mixing it up. Even something like three races and some sort of bucket list-esque challenge for each championship would have added some variety.

And more of a UI thing but I think it's really odd there's not some way to see who is currently in the game within the club and be able to invite them to an online game from the Club interface. That'd work a lot towards playing with club members. Instead you have to add a bunch of people from the club, which I haven't yet done, just to try to always have active people from your club to play with. Maybe this is a tech nightmare but it seems like something that should be in the game.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, as others are talking about: The car list resetting in the shop each time you buy a car is silly. As well as having to hunt through the list for the free cars.

MrBlonde

Anyone else having an issue with free cars not being free. I did the first championship and I can now buy cars but all of my free DLC cars cost credits. I have the day one edition, VIP, gamestop free car, and the other free one but nothing is free, I scrolled through all the cars.

Any help?

VRMN

it's so stupid. Free cars should at least auto filter to the front or something. Buying a DLC pack in Forza 5 and having to scroll through the entire list for each car, only to be booted back out of the store each time was infuriating and needless.
How I would fix it within the existing system is make free cars recommended purchases. Those filter to the front of the list and it'd make sense. As it is now is a pain.

LOLCats

Banned
Normally I don't care, but for some reason I think it'd be neat to be able to create your own driver in this game and adjust their appearance. I haven't poked around too much so if this IS a thing then don't mind me :p
I was thinking the same last night... Its not a feature in Forza.

Just a quick question if Helios/Badned/whoever knows the answer.

Is the VIP car pack part of the 30 we'll be seeing as DLC? Will we see 25 more cars or 30 more? Because I noticed the VIP cars are still silhouettes in the car list picture, suggesting they are a part of the 30.

Can i use any car for any event?

Yes, it doesn't even need to be the top of that class either (ie. you can have an S2 901 car and not worry about facing AI that are S2 998). All the AI pick as similar tuned cars as possible.

EDIT: In the sense that, at the start of a championship the game caters to your car class. Obviously you can't do two races of a muscle car championship then finish it in a saloon car, you have to switch championships for that.

HaleStorm

Dont know if there is a real market for just the base yet. Most of the people who bought one got it for XB1. Your looking for someone who bought a TX for PC use then somehow got a T500 or T300 and decided to sell the TX base. I dont think that person exist.

Yeah, I am sort of hoping for retail or other wise. I would rather be able to add in the shifter and use the three pedal set up, but at an addition 2-300 dollars, plus more if I want a different wheel... It feels like they are missing an oppurtuniy not offering things ala carte.

HaleStorm

It probably does cheat like on Forza 5 if they go off the track they don't lose their handling or speed and just continue on their way like nothing happened.

I know that they cheat hard core when it comes to checkpoints. during the second road trip in Saint Something or Other one of the offroad sections has you hit a jump. with all the bruch it is a pain in the ass to see the checkpoints, so I just sort of followed the pack the first time on the track.

They all blew right the fuck past the checkpoint while I got reset for missing it.

Well I've had enough of this game for one night…

Really enjoying it the first game this gen that has me hooked!

Trying to desperately save up for a Huracan so I can sing the title of this thread while I drive…

I have some criticism though, I don't like the barn yard finds, I've had two but I have driven up to three barns and nothing is happened, seems I may need to wait until I am told about them.

Another is that Ben has to be the worst announcer there is. I'm sick of his crap. And don't get me started on the girl that welcomes you to the autoshop.. My daughter say's more lines than her and she is 15 months!!!

Oh weather is another one. Its far too sunny for my liking most of the time. I only have 8 Championships to get to 15, but it is rarely raining, unless its for specific races.

But this game is amazing, and to all of you in the UK and Eu who don't have the US store (like me), your in for a treat when you get it.

Helios...

Is it possible to get an update on why the reward cars/credits still aren't getting to everyone? They started going out yesterday and I (and as seen on here and the official Forza forums others as well) haven't received anything. I'm supposed to get 600,000 credits and reward cars for being Tier 4.

avelle

Neo Member
Helios...

Is it possible to get an update on why the reward cars/credits still aren't getting to everyone? They started going out yesterday and I (and as seen on here and the official Forza forums others as well) haven't received anything. I'm supposed to get 600,000 credits and reward cars for being Tier 4.

Echoing this sentiment. Having the same issues as well.

mogaar

Neo Member
God, they haven't changed the car shop at all from forza 5.

You still cant filter out free cars, and when you eventually find a free car it bloody resets you back to 'a'

And the designs aren't downloading for me (server problem)

I think if you sort by price, the free cars float to the beginning of the list as they're all 0 credits...

Kssio_Aug

I think if you sort by price, the free cars float to the beginning of the list as they're all 0 credits...

Nope. I did it yesterday but didnt work. They show up at the place of their price.

I purchased all 17 cars from Ultimate pack yesterday. But it took a good ammount of time indeed! Lol

HaleStorm

I believe it filters by Value so the "free" cars are still listed by their actual in-game cost

Yeah. I spent over 20 minutes just scrolling until I hit a car that had the download symbol, but not the garage one trying to grab them all.

In retrospect, I probably should have waited until the servers were more stable and it probably would not have taken as long.

Kssio_Aug

Id like to ask one thing to older Forza players. In FH2 I see that they give you lots of chances for gaining credits and cars. The thing is, how easy/hard it is to get everything considered end-game?

So yeah. After two nights of playing this I feel I can safely say this will end up being my GotY. I don't see myself enjoying anything else quite as much. Maybe Sunset Overdrive, but probably not. This game is just too good. I have a hard time finding anything wrong with it.

Bessy67

Is your progress saved if you switch to the second bucket list without completing the first? I want to try more bucket lists but I don't know how many more attempts I can make on the Lancia one before I throw my controller through my TV.

Uzny

PROTIP: Unlock perks fast! Drive the wrong way on the freeway as the ongoing traffic passes near you (~200k points each run, more if you feel cocky). Chain near misses easily, just look out for the unpredictable drivatars (it's best to just get out of their way). Don't forget to buy the x6 multiplier as soon as possible!

One more sleep. One more sleep and it will be mine.

domwestcry.gif

hwy_61

Banned
How do I get screenshots to not look blurry on Facebook? I took some pictures with the photo mode and just got them from the Forza gallery website. I used one for my cover photo, and it looks fine on my phone, but pretty crappy on a PC. Do I need a capture card or something?

Anyone?

shermas

Is there a way to jump into a game with other GAF drivers, other than adding them as friends? Whenever I try an online freeroam, I end up in a random game... I know there must be other GAF drivers on the game right now.

Got up into the top 20 of the GAF rankings. Couldn't stop playing...

My XBL name is Shermas if anyone wants to add me.

Top Bottom