• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Bubba77

Trying to do all the bucklists. I believe its number 10 that is drive through the forest at night. Its listed as hard. Holy crap its hard. You need an absolutely flawless ru. To make it. Twice Ive been about 50 feet to the finish line when running out of time. I have tried it about 50 times tonight, just gave up for the night.....

Kssio_Aug

I'm trying so hard not to buy an Xbone.

You're making this difficult!

Just recorded that too:
lcbrye.gif

Just saw were #8 just a little bit behind #7

Get to work getting XP!

Also contemplating buying my first $1mil + car, but I kinda wand to wait for my rewards.......what to do?

Trying to do all the bucklists. I believe its number 10 that is drive through the forest at night. Its listed as hard. Holy crap its hard. You need an absolutely flawless ru. To make it. Twice Ive been about 50 feet to the finish line when running out of time. I have tried it about 50 times tonight, just gave up for the night.....

Saw a guy post a video and he didn't stick to the route just went through the woods and headed for the check point in the distance.

Klocker

No cash or cars yet but

my god..... Running a '45 Willys off road, racking up XP in a thunderstorm with Mozart playing in the background is fucking sublime

statham

No cash or cars yet but

my god..... Running a '45 Willys off road, racking up XP in a thunderstorm with Mozart playing in the background is fucking sublime

some dude supped up his willy to a S2 and beat us off the line, but lost it around every corner, I had a S2 VW bug, so I didn't do much better, but it was funny watching this dude try., My s2 bug kills on runways

Enilced2

Is there no way to flip vinyls in the design editor? I may be blind but I'm trying to reverse letters and can't seem to find a way

Majority of the time I'm feels like I'm playing a single player game because almost the time the servers are down, this really kills a lot of enjoyment about the game for me, I can't download designs/tune up set ups, check club rankings etc and it's been 3 days now.

Sure they are working on it but Now I feel like we'll have to "suck it up" and lose out on what we were suppose to have at launch, the amount of progress we could have had if we had our VIP status working etc.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
You actually competed it on time by driving on the roads? I tried that a couple times out of frustration and felt I never got close enough to bother trying it more. An hour isn't bad as it took me around three hours. But I don't play with rewinds. I definitely had some earlier runs where I would have finished much earlier if I was able to rewind and redo sections (like coming out of the large field to the overpass)

XP for the club is earned the same as XP in the game. Just doing championships is probably the quickest method. I don't recall how much you get from challenging drivatars in freeroam but there's a chance you might get more by plowing through those rapidly.
There was at least 3 times where I crossed the finish line just as the 'try again' screen appeared, probably 1 tenth of a second out. When I finally completed the race I probably had half a second to spare, I made up the time at the start but gunning it at the start and getting lucky when exiting the forest , also cutting the right corner. I did play with replay's though, and its the only race I did with the dangers at the front of the car (normally use driver view).

Velikost

What multiplayer modes are in the game? My friend was asking me if Cat and Mouse was in this one, but I googled and I couldn't find anything conclusive. It doesn't seem like it's in there though

Klocker

some dude supped up his willy to a S2 and beat us off the line, but lost it around every corner, I had a S2 VW bug, so I didn't do much better, but it was funny watching this dude try., My s2 bug kills on runways

In most forza games I never go that high but this game just begs for it

Edit.. Anna asked me if I want to join a friend who is doing an online road trip.. game must be connecting now better as more online stuff is popping up on map. Not about the club though. Her asking me was pretty cool without me having to check map or be invited by friend though

There was at least 3 times where I crossed the finish line just as the 'try again' screen appeared, probably 1 tenth of a second out. When I finally completed the race I probably had half a second to spare, I made up the time at the start but gunning it at the start and getting lucky when exiting the forest , also cutting the right corner. I did play with replay's though, and its the only race I did with the dangers at the front of the car (normally use driver view).

That's impressive to me. I tried several different routes starting from one that drove a lot on the road. Main difference is you got on the road right away but I cut through the second forest and would try to pop out on the road where it's dipped into an embankment and has the partial wall along the left-side of the car prior to nearing the overpass. From there I started angling for the overpass but would stay on the road entirely from there and got fairly close a couple times. I tried launching over the overpass using the left-side rise but that was extremely tough to both hit right without touching trees and landing was nearly impossible. I got maybe three decent runs doing that. And then I found that large field I used in my video and pretty much always aimed for that since I had a fairly comfortable route to it. From there it was learning how to exit that field that would end the majority of my runs that actually made it quickly through the first forest section.

Honestly it's that first section that's the true terror and almost explicitly because of that dip where the dirt path crosses it launching the car. Even when I tried to take it more slowly it was enough of a bounce to give a random element and finding myself plowing into a tree. And my path through that forest evolved over attempts as well and I found angling to the right to be the best path.

Edit:
What multiplayer modes are in the game? My friend was asking me if Cat and Mouse was in this one, but I googled and I couldn't find anything conclusive. It doesn't seem like it's in there though

Someone else might be able to add more but all race types found in Championships are in multiplayer, Infected (one person is infected, any player hit also becomes infected until everyone becomes infected), another called maybe King of the Hill (two people are kings, hitting them makes you the king, get ranked based on time as king), and lastly there's a team cat-and-mouse mode. Scoring is different than I've done in the past as you get 100 points for each opposing team member you're in front of at the end and the person in first gets a bonus 50 points. In my two races I did of this type I didn't notice anyone trying to ram the other team or anything, it just ended up being like a normal race. I'd like to see more contact being made in this mode.

Getting frustrated with not receiving my reward cars & credits more and more every time I check the messages and it's just a new club member

Nothing Tuesday
Nothing Wednesday
Nothing Thursday
to be continued...?

and seeing people here say that they got theirs doesn't help the situation either

EDIT: Seriously...that Car Club HQ just needs to be moved to the actual Club tab...there's no need for it to be in the Message Center...I'm hoping they patch that quickly

Spookie

So where is the best place to buy this in the UK today? I'm finishing work at 3pm and didn't want it shipped to my new flat. I know game will attempt to charge me £55 so they can eat a dick.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
That's impressive to me. I tried several different routes starting from one that drove a lot on the road. Main difference is you got on the road right away but I cut through the second forest and would try to pop out on the road where it's dipped into an embankment and has the partial wall along the left-side of the car prior to nearing the overpass. From there I started angling for the overpass but would stay on the road entirely from there and got fairly close a couple times. I tried launching over the overpass using the left-side rise but that was extremely tough to both hit right without touching trees and landing was nearly impossible. I got maybe three decent runs doing that. And then I found that large field I used in my video and pretty much always aimed for that since I had a fairly comfortable route to it. From there it was learning how to exit that field that would end the majority of my runs that actually made it quickly through the first forest section.

Honestly it's that first section that's the true terror and almost explicitly because of that dip where the dirt path crosses it launching the car. Even when I tried to take it more slowly it was enough of a bounce to give a random element and finding myself plowing into a tree. And my path through that forest evolved over attempts as well and I found angling to the right to be the best path.

Edit:

Someone else might be able to add more but all race types found in Championships are in multiplayer, Infected (one person is infected, any player hit also becomes infected until everyone becomes infected), another called maybe King of the Hill (two people are kings, hitting them makes you the king, get ranked based on time as king), and lastly there's a team cat-and-mouse mode. Scoring is different than I've done in the past as you get 100 points for each opposing team member you're in front of at the end and the person in first gets a bonus 50 points. In my two races I did of this type I didn't notice anyone trying to ram the other team or anything, it just ended up being like a normal race. I'd like to see more contact being made in this mode.
Thanks man! While I enjoy the rally style driving (a lot) that first section as you said was almost painful, I had to do it with the radio off in full concentration mode, the house could have been burning down around me and I wouldn't have noticed lol!

Tall Paul

Somewhere there is a postman who has no idea of the untold joy he has in his postbag....hurry up!!!!! Work first but tonight and tmr its on. Must join the Gaff Club.

Tall Paul

So where is the best place to buy this in the UK today? I'm finishing work at 3pm and didn't want it shipped to my new flat. I know game will attempt to charge me £55 so they can eat a dick.
Hi bud. Tesco have it online at £41 so shop may be similar. Failing that the download price is actually good on this at £44.99.

Daffy Duck

Loaded up quickly before work.

Damn it's good, I have the VIP symbol next to my name but not sure if I have cars as not able to get to my garage yet due to only doing one race.

Can't wait til tonight after work, join the GAF club and motor on.

Epic game.

Loaded up quickly before work.

Damn it's good, I have the VIP symbol next to my name but not sure if I have cars as not able to get to my garage yet due to only doing one race.

Can't wait til tonight after work, join the GAF club and motor on.

Epic game.

You'll have to buy the cars from the Autoshow once it's unlocked in the game...they will be 0 Credits (free) for the first purchase. No DLC cars go straight to your garage.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I don't care what any publication says... this is definitely a GOTY contender if not GOTY.

I'm kinda scared to admit that I'm addicted.

Top Bottom