• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Navy Bean

Trying this for the first time. Hard to take a bad photo of the GTO:
Jha4Z26.jpg

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Just got 3 cars in a row with wheelspins. Hell yes!

Makes up for that 3'000 credits I got earlier :p

I was getting sub 5,000 spins probably about 40% of the time until I got that spin bonus perk. I was pretty pissed off about that.

IT'S INSTALLING. IT'S INSTALLING.

OH MY GOD. Won't be able to play until late tonight though due to some friends popping over a little later.

Still, IT'S INSTALLING.

5s8y1lC.gif

LOVE This game but there are a few things I really wish they would change:

-Rear view mirror for third person and hood cam, bumper views. This is in Forza 5.

-Cinematic/directed replay camera. The current camera's are terrible. i hate the ones that are fixed on the car. I loved watching my replays in previous Forza games and just kicking back, but I can't do that here :(

-Disable user livery on drivatars. Again, this is in Forza 5. Many of the liveries just make those super high end cars look cheap.

-Access Garage/tuning from anywhere. It sucks having to go back to the garage to upgrade.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey Helios... So the game is amazing, no doubt here.

However, the QA guy in me cannot resist the temptation to list a couple of pet peeves of mine I wish would change/be fixed for FM6 next year or Horizon 3 in 2 years.

FH3:
-More diversity for the radio stations. I get that you are going for the whole music festival thing but if you're not into electronic music the soundtrack kinda suck. I want some "real" rock/metal/classic rock etc.
-Add controller support for ANNA. I think it's a great feature but I don't want to shout at my TV. Something like Right-Stick click to open the menu or something like that would be great.

FM6:
-Bring back the endurance races.

Both games:
-Easier way to buy all the free cars we get through DLC. Scrolling from left to right in a list non stop for 20-30min really sucks!
-Wider view of the car in the screen where you pick the paint color. All those super close-up shots are really pretty and artsy but when I pick the car's color, I'd love to be able to actually see the car!
-Proximity arrows. Having an arrow telling you when you have a car near you can be really useful
-Like someone else suggested earlier. The ability to disable some of the camera view so that we can quickly switch between 2-3 of our favorite cameras would be awesome.

I think that's it for now lol... I'll add more if I think of anything else.

EDIT: Hahaha MrCompletely... Great mind thinks alike.

-Rear view mirror for third person and hood cam, bumper views. This is in Forza 5.

-Cinematic/directed replay camera. The current camera's are terrible. i hate the ones that are fixed on the car. I loved watching my replays in previous Forza games and just kicking back, but I can't do that here :(

-Disable user livery on drivatars. Again, this is in Forza 5. Many of the liveries just make those super high end cars look cheap.

-Access Garage/tuning from anywhere. It sucks having to go back to the garage to upgrade.

Totally agree on the drivatar liveries...they suck 95% of the time.

Ray Wonder

I think these should be optional if they were implemented. I like seeing other's cars how they have them.

I agree.

psychotron

However, the QA guy in me cannot resist the temptation to list a couple of pet peeves of mine I wish would change/be fixed for FM6 next year or Horizon 3 in 2 years.

FH3:
-More diversity for the radio stations. I get that you are going for the whole music festival thing but if you're not into electronic music the soundtrack kinda suck. I want some "real" rock/metal/classic rock etc.
-Add controller support for ANNA. I think it's a great feature but I don't want to shout at my TV. Something like Right-Stick click to open the menu or something like that would be great.

FM6:

Both games:
-Easier way to buy all the free cars we get through DLC. Scrolling from left to right in a list non stop for 20-30min really sucks!
-Wider view of the car in the screen where you pick the paint color. All those super close-up shots are really pretty and artsy but when I pick the car's color, I'd love to be able to actually see the car!
-Proximity arrows. Having an arrow telling you when you have a car near you can be really useful
-Like someone else suggested earlier. The ability to disable some of the camera view so that we can quickly switch between 2-3 of our favorite cameras would be awesome.

Both posts have things I really want.

-I would love cinematic camera for replays. Having to cycle through them is a pain in the ass. I like that as an option, but at least give an auto camera choice that gives you cool views on cinematic moments.

-Rock/Metal - Yes please!!

-Anna - Can you hear me now?!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One

This sounds great but if I have been following their news recently this literally means you can use the *wheel* on your current fanatec setup. You'll need to buy a brand new base - you know, the expensive part - and then you can attach any wheel to it.

HeliosT10

FH3:

FM6:

Both games:

Great feedback mate, can see you've done this before :)

Will pass it on to the team, some good points made with some nice justifications.

This is already in. When you're selecting a colour, press X and it'll go to the standard rotatable view, clicking RS gives you different stages of zoom.

Megasoum

Banned
This is already in. When you're selecting a colour, press X and it'll go to the standard rotatable view, clicking RS gives you different stages of zoom.

It's actually in the screen after the one where you pick the color... The screen where you have to press A again to confirm that you really want to buy the car. X doesn't do anything on the screen where you actually pick the color.

Also, I guess the console doesn't support Japanese characters for Gamertags? lol

Navy Bean

Both posts have things I really want.

-I would love cinematic camera for replays. Having to cycle through them is a pain in the ass. I like that as an option, but at least give an auto camera choice that gives you cool views on cinematic moments.

-Rock/Metal - Yes please!!

-Anna - Can you hear me now?!

They really do need a Rock/Metal station. I mean, those bands play festivals!
For me, I just keep it on the classical station.

Kssio_Aug

It's actually in the screen after the one where you pick the color... The screen where you have to press A again to confirm that you really want to buy the car. X doesn't do anything on the screen where you actually pick the color.

Also, I guess the console doesn't support Japanese characters for Gamertags? lol

LOL, I have seen this exact same characteres today. Is this person on gaf?

Megasoum

Banned
LOL, I have seen this exact same characteres today. Is this person on gaf?

According to the icon it's a playground employee.

Also, didn't get a screenshot in time but I just got another pop-up for sometime (didn't notice what type of score it was exactly) but I had "1" and the guy over had 999 999 and was just a long line of squares like that for his name.

Isn't that after you select your color?

That right, I forgot about that. But, you can pick the first colour, go to that screen, press X, then press B, and you can pick your colour with a rotatable camera.

Question for you guys: do you notice bad pop-up/pop-in in the game?

Either the LOD system is really aggressive or there's something wrong: distant shadows, trees, cars all noticeably "appear" while you're driving.

It really ruins the great IQ.

Maybe there's something wrong with my hdd (the game was bought digitally)?

Daffy Duck

One thing I noticed this morning (this was with my digital copy) was quite a bit of pop in, once on my BMW wheels where the edge of the rim popped in and once driving to the festival in the Lambo the first bend you go round the cliffs popped in, anyone else notice/had that?

p3tran

Banned
Noticed a few people joining the club that aren't on the spreadsheet. Someone on my friends list joined. He popped into party chat to let me know he joined and asked what JAF was. lol. When are we making it invite only P3tran?

I was thinking of leaving it open until this weekend, so that it'd be easy for everyone to join whenever he got the chance.
As long as it is somebody's friend who joined, and there is space, I guess there is no reason to panic, yet :D
That is the reason we have them lists though, so at whatever time we choose we can lock and clean and whatever

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is up on the dpad supposed to trigger photo model or was that just the one time they introduced it? Once you get the camera icon perk you often use photo mode, so it would be really helpful to have a direct button to bring it up. And as far as I can tell, up on the dpad isn't being used for anything else?

Is up on the dpad supposed to trigger photo model or was that just the one time they introduced it? Once you get the camera icon perk you often use photo mode, so it would be really helpful to have a direct button to bring it up. And as far as I can tell, up on the dpad isn't being used for anything else?

You have to hold it for a second or so.

Yeah, I think that's it. I was expecting double credits and experience from races too. Not sure it's worth $20 extra for double the reward on wheelspins, although the Ferrari is pretty nice. Still, kinda wish I had just skipped VIP.

Not trying to be rude but how can you judge a feature based on less than one week of play?

The VIP rewards are usually stretched out over a year if not more of the games life. There will be plenty of benifits to come, just give it a chance :) in the past that's all the VIP was and it was well worth it. The instant bonus we are getting now with the wheel spins is just icing on the cake IMO.

Gestault

When can you create a club? I tried last night but the clubs tab is grayed out.

Car clubs are locked until you finish the 3rd championship and the showcase event. After that train race, you're given the option of joining/setting up a club. You can either add from the club of a friend (under "Friend's Clubs"), or you can search for the clan by the shorthand designation.

Footos22

Installed. Just waiting till after bloodborne alpha.

Soo that track from the e3 trailer.

It's not actually in the game?? I'm pissed.

neurophd

In single player, do you get to keep skill points earned if you restart race? Also, I am in the car club but don't see many GAF club Drivatars in my single player games. Why? Will the Drivatars have the GAF tag in single player?

Klocker

Great feedback mate, can see you've done this before :)

Will pass it on to the team, some good points made with some nice justifications.

If taking suggestions... ;)

How about adding in a camera change button to some of the other control options? It is missing for some reason.

Plenty of unused buttons on some of them, default 12 to be specific for me, and no button to change the camera which in this game is critical so you can change depending on terrain, activity or view preference

Also... regarding DLC cars... after doing some barn challenges and remembering how quickly that was over in fh1, how about some kind of mini game for finding dlc cars in the world?

I realize some people will just want them all dumped into the garage as quickly as possible every time but maybe there is a way?

Would like to extend the hunting in the open world challenge a bit. :)

Ray Wonder

I don't even have OCD, but every time I pause I have to scroll down all the Club messages to clear all the new ForzaGAF member notification. Seeing 9+ all the time is not acceptable.

zorbsie

I don't even have OCD, but every time I pause I have to scroll down all the Club messages to clear all the new ForzaGAF member notification. Seeing 9+ all the time is not acceptable.

I suffer from the same thing. lol. I can't let it go, I have to scroll over there and get rid of it.

_DrMario_

Perks make such a minimal difference I feel like it's a waste of time doing that. I'll just focus on the retarded amount of championships I have left and I'm sure I'll have unlocked all the perks by then.

Top Bottom