• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Just noticed a mistake in the model for the McLaren 12c. Windscreen wiper placed for RH drive, but car is LH drive. So wiper doesn't problem wipe in front of driver.

zorbsie

Noticed a few people joining the club that aren't on the spreadsheet. Someone on my friends list joined. He popped into party chat to let me know he joined and asked what JAF was. lol. When are we making it invite only P3tran?

Noticed a few people joining the club that aren't on the spreadsheet. Someone on my friends list joined. He popped into party chat to let me know he joined and asked what JAF was. lol. When are we making it invite only P3tran?

Not yet, please! Still need to join! Hoping to get to it tonight EST.

Hey Turn10 / Playground Games, how about patching in the option to choose which camera options are available. I would love to disable everything but the close 3rd person view and the hoodcam so I could just quickly toggle between the two.

Come on, pleeease.

MouldyK

Hey Turn10, how about patching in the option to choose which camera options are available. I would love to disable everything but the close 3rd person view and the hoodcam so I could just quickly toggle between the two.

Come on, pleeease.

This. Playground Games needs to patch this in, Turn 10 need to put this in Forza 6.

zorbsie

Not yet, please! Still need to join! Hoping to get to it tonight EST.

Don't worry dude. Everyone that's on the list will get an invite to the club. The thinking was keep it open for awhile to make it easier for people to join while the online hiccups get sorted out. If you got your name in the club thread you have nothing to worry about.

N° 2048

Don't worry dude. Everyone that's on the list will get an invite to the club. The thinking was keep it open for awhile to make it easier for people to join while the online hiccups get sorted out. If you got your name in the club thread you have nothing to worry about.

Can I get link to the club thread? Mucho thanks

Bessy67

Man I'm loving this game. My last 3 championships were extreme offroad, hypercars, and hot hatch and it really felt like a different game for each car class.

Dat controller

Posted on the XboxUK twitter account https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/517947642916384768

BzAeothCMAE81Yq.png:large

This is not a real controller

Just noticed a mistake in the model for the McLaren 12c. Windscreen wiper placed for RH drive, but car is LH drive. So wiper doesn't problem wipe in front of driver.

Actually I'm wrong about this. Just looked up some real shots. Turns out the real car does have really crappy placement of the wiper for the left hand version.

Fanatec products on Xbox One

Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.
Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.

Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.

Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.
Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”

http://www.Fanatec.com
https://www.facebook.com/Fanatec
@fanatec

Sweet!

Bessy67

Holy crap, the driveatars with bounties are worth a ton of money! I finally raced one to see how much you get and I ended up getting 50K total after my bonuses for having assists off.

Kssio_Aug

A noob question. I've bought a mustang to enter a championship. Till now I've never adjusted/customized any car. If I select automatic customization to Class S1, will I be able to get into the championship with it? Cause the car is originally Class C.

Caayn

How can you guys play a game totally designed around a rewind feature?
I let my Drivatar drive for me. I log in once a day to claim my money and purchase new cars for my Drivatar to drive in when I'm done I quit the game :p
Anyone got their Forza Rewards yet? My VIP and DLC is all working fine, but not seen my rewards appear yet.
Nope, nothing here yet.
Big news!

edit - Probably worth a new thread? I'd imagine this would be of interest to many racing fans.
Done :)

jem0208

A noob question. I've bought a mustang to enter a championship. Till now I've never adjusted/customized any car. If I select automatic customization to Class S1, will I be able to get into the championship with it? Cause the car is originally Class C.

Your opponents are auto adjusted to be close to your car's level. So yes, you'll still be able to race.

Hey Turn10, how about patching in the option to choose which camera options are available. I would love to disable everything but the close 3rd person view and the hoodcam so I could just quickly toggle between the two.

Come on, pleeease.

Wow I was thinking this last night. I just want a single chase camera view and the cockpit view.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm really impressed but the total number of clubs, I don't know exactly how many but I stopped scrolling after getting into the 200s. Many of those clubs have over 100 members.

GAF club is doing awesome!

arhra

So I just started messing around with photo mode now that I hit the part where it tells you about the Horizon Promo thing, and the game has the exact same issue as FM5 - it only has non-inverted Y axis with no option to switch. The original game didn't have an explicit in-game option either, but at least there it picked up on the system-wide defaults, which no longer exist on the One.

It's fucking infuriating, and makes me not want to use photo mode :(

It wouldn't be hard to throw in an extra toggle in the advanced control options, surely?

How do I know if I have got my VIP rewards?

- I have bought a bunch of cars for 'free' in game, and are now in my garage
- I have the crown/king VIP symbol
- Every time I level up, I am getting the bandit spinning mini game, and I get the prize + a VIP bonus

I don't want to sound daft, but does this mean I have VIP? Or, am I missing something?

Megasoum

Banned
Big news!

edit - Probably worth a new thread? I'd imagine this would be of interest to many racing fans.

I jumped off the Fanatec train earlier this year and went Thrustmaster.... I hope that this news will open Thurstmaster's eyes and they will start selling their bases standalone.

Bessy67

How do I know if I have got my VIP rewards?

- I have bought a bunch of cars for 'free' in game, and are now in my garage
- I have the crown/king VIP symbol
- Every time I level up, I am getting the bandit spinning mini game, and I get the prize + a VIP bonus

I don't want to sound daft, but does this mean I have VIP? Or, am I missing something?
Yeah, I think that's it. I was expecting double credits and experience from races too. Not sure it's worth $20 extra for double the reward on wheelspins, although the Ferrari is pretty nice. Still, kinda wish I had just skipped VIP.

Wow, that should be a real controller. I'd buy it.

A guy at Microsoft booth was holding a yellow Huracan yellow Xbox One controller at PAX when I was playing the demo. He was talking to a press guy and was taking picture so I assume they were going to announce a limited edition controller for the launch but then there was nothing. May be it's coming for holiday as one of the special color Xbox One controller.

Come on, pleeease.

Yes! I've been thinking of this since the demo came out. I only drive using cockpit view, but when I get a new car I like to switch to a chase cam to admire the view.

Yes! I've been thinking of this since the demo came out. I only drive using cockpit view, but when I get a new car I like to switch to a chase cam to admire the view.

I've been a "hood-cam" driver foreeeeeever, but found it very frustrating in the off-road races, so switched to the "close" chase-cam. And then got sick of re-learning how to turn switching back and forth between the cams between races, so now just leave it in chase-cam all the time.

I jumped off the Fanatec train earlier this year and went Thrustmaster.... I hope that this news will open Thurstmaster's eyes and they will start selling their bases standalone.

Did you see this on thrustmasters facebook?

10527302_768249449902227_8978284306251824227_n.jpg

Its been on there wheels since gamescom but they finally mentioned it at TGS calling it the TWLA 28 leather wheel add-on. I hope they start selling it at some point.

Megasoum

Banned
Did you see this on thrustmasters facebook?

10527302_768249449902227_8978284306251824227_n.jpg

Its been on there wheels since gamescom but they finally mentioned it at TGS calling it the TWLA 28 leather wheel add-on. I hope they start selling it at some point.

Hmm interesting...

Honestly I kinda got used to the stock TX rim. Sure it's cheap compared to a Fanatec wheel (started with a PWTS and then a CSR) but it works well enough. If I ever buy a new rim it would probably be the Formula Rim so that I have the two types of rims..

But actually, the next time I spend 150$ on that wheel it will be for the shifter.

I just hope they start selling the bases standalone so that I can buy a T300 base at some point for Driveclub and future GT.

Bessy67

Some of these rivals times are insane. I just beat the
crop duster
showcase event in what I thought was a pretty good time (had a clean race, took some shortcuts) and it wanted me to challenge a rival that did the event 12 seconds faster.

tumblr_lkwiqwbvBi1qeuy5j.png

Still no reward cars or credits here...I think there is more of a problem going on than just things being slow

I'm about ready to give up any hope that they'll actually show up now

Yeah, I think that's it. I was expecting double credits and experience from races too. Not sure it's worth $20 extra for double the reward on wheelspins, although the Ferrari is pretty nice. Still, kinda wish I had just skipped VIP.

I've had VIP since Forza Motorsport 2 - always found it worth it for all the gift cars given over the next year.

Still no reward cars or credits here...I think there is more of a problem going on than just things being slow

I'm about ready to give up any hope that they'll actually show up now

LOL they will show up. Forza has hiccups from time to time. It sucks that its during launch week but it always gets sorted out.

Top Bottom