• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

MouldyK

It's driving me crazy! Who voices Ben? I know I know that voice from somewhere.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/131102-forza-horizon-2-review said:
For example, Ben, the host of Horizon both in voice and in graphical form, is ex-Eastenders actor and former teen heartthrob from the 90s, Sean Maguire.

BEATEN, but ah well. I also got that he is from Eastenders, so it's allowed!

I'm going with hood-cam with speedometer. I felt like the sense of speed was better in hood-cam when I played the demo, and I could see more of the world.

Also, Hood-Cam seems to be what I am looking for as it has the closeness of Cockpit, but also allows me to see more of the road and beauty of the game.

It is weird after binging on Forza 3, Forza 4 and Forza Horizon in Cockpit from July-September to get to Tier 6 so I could convince myself to get an Xbox One. And I still cockpit in Forza 5.

Reminds me of Forza 2, where I had to use Hood-Cam as that had no cockpit.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'm usually in third person, full hud, camera pulled back. That's for in races though because I'm better at it. When I'm doing a road trip, I normally go cockpit mode.

G Rom

Ugh, I am usually a Cockpit-Mode, No HUD (except map), sorta-guy, but I dunno if I should just relax and go outside view with speedometer and map so I can get a real look of the cars and country.

Such choices.

Edit: So how is everyone else playing the game in terms of camera and HUD?

HUD-less except map.
I wish the map was more integrated like TDU. I'd like to have the map on the dash of modern cars and having a small GPS unit on older cars attached to the windscreen. Immersion would be much better as it's nearly impossible to play this game without the map.

Also, there are still skill chains and objectives appearing on the screen, I wish we could turn these off !

I played in cockpit view if I have my contact lenses in, bonnet cam if I haven't - yes even for the offroad events. No HUD apart from map. No driving assists.

Just had the game lock up on my again and dump itself to the desktop. Has happened twice now. Both times were on a roadtrip to the next championship area. I'm in the preview - so I won't see this as a negative against the game itself. But I'm leaving the preview at the next update and I won't be impressed if the game is unstable on retail firmware.

That said. Still having lots of fun. Just been hooning around in a golf course offroad event in a Sierra Cosworth painted to look like the old 2.0 Ghia I used to have, I've even recreated the number plate.

hunchback

I think the on-line god's dislike me. My very first open road road event and who do they pair me with? They paired me with seven wrecking ball's. I thought this was racing not demolition derby. I didn't even finish the final race, just motored along at 30 mph until the time ran out. No one would let me do a clean pass even if I had the space. They would just cut the wheel and slam me.
On a more positive note. I uploaded the beginning part of a GAF paint scheme. Please don't roast me, as this is my first paint and I'm also not done. At least we have the beginning of a cool 69 SS Gaf Camaro.

I play with the default 3rd person camera because the game just looks too beautiful to use anything else. In Forza 5 I used cockpit view, but in this game I needz to see all dem graphics!

HeliosT10

I played in cockpit view if I have my contact lenses in, bonnet cam if I haven't - yes even for the offroad events. No HUD apart from map. No driving assists.

Just had the game lock up on my again and dump itself to the desktop. Has happened twice now. Both times were on a roadtrip to the next championship area. I'm in the preview - so I won't see this as a negative against the game itself. But I'm leaving the preview at the next update and I won't be impressed if the game is unstable on retail firmware.

That said. Still having lots of fun. Just been hooning around in a golf course offroad event in a Sierra Cosworth painted to look like the old 2.0 Ghia I used to have, I've even recreated the number plate.

Hey there. Do you definitely have the latest beta dash update?

Yes I definitely do. I was having problems with Forza 5 until the new update a couple of days ago. That update fixed Forza 5 for me.

But as I said Horizon 2 has hard locked twice on me going on road trips. Very PC-like crash - with loud recurring buzzing sound until the game drops back to the desktop.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll add my OS version to this post.

OS Version
6.2.11644.0 (xb_rel_1410.140928-2130) fre

skyfinch

Mine froze once last night during a loading screen. Complete freeze, had to do a hard reset.

Also in the dashboard preview.

Also, how do you opt out of it? I don't see the option anywhere.
Thanks.

Other than that, the game is fucking unbelievably good!! It's so good that if there was an option to preorder FH3, today, I'd would....:D

Just came across this, anyone else experienced something similar?

Last night was the first time they actually started popping up for me. I guess they just activated them. But yeah, I did get a couple of 0s in there.

Also, I still haven't received my Forza Rewards for Horizon 2 yet. I redeemed them a couple of days ago.

w00zey

So I got the Day One Deluze Edition and I'm confused. Shouldn't I have a ton more cars in my garage? I got gifted two cars (ferrari and bmw) but I seemed to think that I should have more.

So I got the Day One Deluze Edition and I'm confused. Shouldn't I have a ton more cars in my garage? I got gifted two cars (ferrari and bmw) but I seemed to think that I should have more.

You need to actually go to the in game store (autoshow?) and download them. A bunch of them should be free. I saw some of them still priced with in game currency though.

shinnn

I think you all should fix your sarcasm meters.

It's a reference to a stealth Forza bashing thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=905921

Dont know why people are accepting this shit behavior here? fear of being banned?

I've stopped to enter in any heat discussion here to try to "defend" some sickness bashing over the xbox. I guess people are doing the same? That thread is clearly a stealth troll and not a single post pointing that out.

Also, not a single post here talking about that shit DC trailer

w00zey

You need to actually go to the in game store (autoshow?) and download them. A bunch of them should be free. I saw some of them still priced with in game currency though.

What a pain in the ass. LOL. Thanks.

Now if only I could go home and play more. The rally races I did this morning were a ton of fun.

Krilekk

Banned
Fair enough mate, but I haven't been able to join a single multiplayer session for ~24 hours .... and I've tried a lot!

Then it's a problem on your end. I've been playing exclusively multiplayer for the last 24 hours and there were no problems whatsoever.

HeliosT10

Yes I definitely do. I was having problems with Forza 5 until the new update a couple of days ago. That update fixed Forza 5 for me.

But as I said Horizon 2 has hard locked twice on me going on road trips. Very PC-like crash - with loud recurring buzzing sound until the game drops back to the desktop.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll add my OS version to this post.

OS Version
6.2.11644.0 (xb_rel_1410.140928-2130) fre

Obvious question, but have you tried a hard reset of your console?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
bowler bucket list event seems impossible. Even if you ignore the satnav and literally drive full speed as the crow flies I can't believe you can make it in time. (not to mention doing it that way is tree city)

MouldyK

HOLD UP!

You can just lose a race and still win the Championship and the game just accepts it?

Best.News.Ever.

I am sick of games wanting me to win every race by having a tick mark next to each one.

Forza 5's way of 3rd or Higher was good, but this is also a good method.

Need more games which deal with overall championships and not the individual races in my opinion.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It's driving me crazy! Who voices Ben? I know I know that voice from somewhere.

curtis-stone.jpg

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
HOLD UP!

You can just lose a race and still win the Championship and the game just accepts it?

Best.News.Ever.

I am sick of games wanting me to win every race by having a tick mark next to each one.

Forza 5's way of 3rd or Higher was good, but this is also a good method.

Need more games which deal with overall championships and not the individual races in my opinion.

I like this too, I end up e-drifting for the majoraty of the mask and sometimes I don't give a shit If I win because I'm already ahead of the 2nd place in points. Skill points are so much fun to get. My personal best is 149k atm.

Good lord I love this game. I got to play around 3 hours last night and lapped up every moment of it. It looks fantastic, feels great and most importantly is a ton of fun.

Personally, I do better at the game when I'm driving in first person for races. But for free drive I've been using the default third person camera.

VinFTW

I CAN FINALLY GET FH2 TODAY!

Gonna have it by dinner time, plan to get into the club tonight. Non-stop binge playing.

shermas

bowler bucket list event seems impossible. Even if you ignore the satnav and literally drive full speed as the crow flies I can't believe you can make it in time. (not to mention doing it that way is tree city)

Turn hard right when you get around the first wall at the very beginning... you'll have to make your way thru some trees, but you end up in a huge field with a pretty straight shot to the finish.

I spent about 30 minutes on this one, didn't use the rewind, but I loved it... probably the most fun I've had with a driving challenge since the cone/kudos challenge in PGR. This one took me longer than the Lancia down the hill at night one.

Dave_6

I was just now able to join a club last night as I've had so little time to play this :/ I'm only level 12 or 13 so I am waaaaay behind most of the GAF club. Will be gone and/or busy all weekend so not much time to play it still. :(

shermas

Forza Hub not working again?

I just played for about an hour and I couldn't get into an online session... the entire time I was playing solo and doing bucket list stuff, the game was 'searching' for an online session in the background. Looks like the servers are still having some issues.

N° 2048

I was just now able to join a club last night as I've had so little time to play this :/ I'm only level 12 or 13 so I am waaaaay behind most of the GAF club. Will be gone and/or busy all weekend so not much time to play it still. :(

I feel you brother!

Need more time to play, darn adult life.

Kssio_Aug

Should I spend all my CR with a McLaren P1 or just buy the Lamborghini Aventador?
I want both, and dont know if I should get one of them by now, and wich one! =o

Top Bottom