• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

GHG

Just got home with an Xbox one, this game and a play and charge kit.

Also got Fifa 15 and Forza 5 free.

tumblr_inline_mucw2iEYgf1rlpk9c.gif

I'll post my gamer tag once I'm all set up on live. Console is downloading updates now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When the satnav says 'at the roundabout, take the first exit' - it is counting clockwise which is the British system. For european roads it should count anti clockwise. /pedant

Klocker

I'll post my gamer tag once I'm all set up on live. Console is downloading updates now.

Congrats :)

When the satnav says 'at the roundabout, take the first exit' - it is counting clockwise which is the British system. For european roads it should count anti clockwise. /pedant

Counter afaict

ekim

Yes I definitely do. I was having problems with Forza 5 until the new update a couple of days ago. That update fixed Forza 5 for me.

But as I said Horizon 2 has hard locked twice on me going on road trips. Very PC-like crash - with loud recurring buzzing sound until the game drops back to the desktop.

Gimme a few minutes and I'll add my OS version to this post.

OS Version
6.2.11644.0 (xb_rel_1410.140928-2130) fre

Just happened to me the second time. Always happens when I start the game after the console and game were in standby and I do something where the game needs to download something. (First time checking messages, second time downloading a car design I already owned and had applied before turning the console off. Oddly after firing the game up again via instant resume my car had the old design, so I went into "my designs" and wanted to reapply the design I've chosen before)

RotBot

I wish being in a club would match you up with other club members. You still have to add people to friends and form parties outside the game.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned

Who would have thought this game would be such a system seller. It's crazy. I know a few peeps who bought the console today because of it

What exactly are the benefits of the club? Honest question, I havent read anything about it from what I can remember.

Right now it seems to just be an easy way to keep track of each other. But when it unlocked the Club option, it did say something about monthly (weekly?) prizes being sent out to top clubs and members.

m23

What exactly are the benefits of the club? Honest question, I havent read anything about it from what I can remember.

Nothing it seems like it, aside from a glorified leader board. I am very disappointed in the way it's being handled in the game. Previously we were able to share cars within the club and share designs as well. I don't see any options like that in Horizon 2. I love the game but there are a few issues I have with the game.

So there's definatley no goodies with the retail Day One edition unless it's from the MS store?

If so there's no need for me to pick the game up right now, I'll just wait for my TX to get back.

Topped out at rank 28 in the Neogaf club at like six am this morning, the highest I'm ever gonna get on there. The fact that I was constantly just like seven thousand points from changing placements on the leaderboard was the perfect excuse for one more race.

Wish the game structure was a bit less repetitive. Kind of tired of staying in one area for four races and then doing a road trip to another place to repeat the process, while the first horizon had you going all over the map pretty consistently. But I guess the rigid structure was necessary with the increase in map size from the first one.

badams

That's what I've done after few pages of photo thread. Console should arrive today, just got message from the store, that damn thing won't be here until monday. I don't think i can wait any longer, reading this thread hurts ;__;

If you're in a club and playing in online events you get bonus XP, too. There's a perk that gives a boost to that XP. Or I'm mis-remembering and you need that perk for that XP bonus to happen in the first place. I forgot the exact wording of the perk but I know when I played some events online I had a Club bonus.

Navy Bean

If you're in a club and playing in online events you get bonus XP, too. There's a perk that gives a boost to that XP. Or I'm mis-remembering and you need that perk for that XP bonus to happen in the first place. I forgot the exact wording of the perk but I know when I played some events online I had a Club bonus.

I'm in the club and you do seem to get a ton of XP and CR from online play. Helps you level up fast although the racing/connection has been pretty janky for me in a few of the sessions.

Well Ive been busy today.

Unlocked the finale, but before entering I had some unfinished business. I had $1.3 mill in credits and I just had to by the Veneno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41U_9K_QOw&list=UU6B3jrCmPNaQoebHJEa1gYg
ibyOEMquWeTJoG.png

But then I was down to only $100,000
lAj0470.png

So after breaking some speed laws I went on to the finale.
l3BFVED.png

Said I could pick any car
mjyx1R9.png

So I took the Lambo for the task and man was that intense. Had a Pagani on my ass for almost the entire race, but I lost him in Nice.
WeuMYJH.png

After I won that pay day and XP dump!
iJpOLvMslCxw8.png

Plus Im in tier 2 now in the club
iawkz.png

Gestault

Dude, the daily Drivatar payouts are pretty great with everyone in the club using the other members to populate races. Nothing crazy, but it's funny seeing the bump from before and after joining.

Finally got my Rewards money for Forza 5, but still haven't received the money and loyalty cars for FH2. I want to drive the Huracan.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Single player is drivatar only right? Does it actually use cars that real people used? Because I just saw FordGTGuy drive past in a Ford GT :)

Nothing it seems like it, aside from a glorified leader board. I am very disappointed in the way it's being handled in the game. Previously we were able to share cars within the club and share designs as well. I don't see any options like that in Horizon 2. I love the game but there are a few issues I have with the game.

No club car sharing? :[
I loved car sharing in Forza 4 and Horizon 1.

GHG

Ok all set up.

Got excited when I saw there was an option to change my gamer tag to something new. Then it told me I had to pay... Fuckers. Lucky for them my old gamer tag was so bad!

About to dive into the game now. Feel free to add me.

Gamer tag: XBL GHG

So there's definatley no goodies with the retail Day One edition unless it's from the MS store?

If so there's no need for me to pick the game up right now, I'll just wait for my TX to get back.

I just played with the Controller for 15 Minutes to take some pictures of my F12 Berlinetta paintjob (can't get the sticks on the controller to work with wheel as driving input for me as a player, they need to fix this, I so wanna take pictures during races!) and I can tell you, while I loved Forza 5 with the trigger vibration in the first months, after driving with the TX there's really no going back.

And the FFB is especially amazing in Horizon 2:
You get steering feel right from the center on, no almost-force-free center-zone like in Forza 5 that tightens the smaller the steering-lock. Yet you still can feel when the car it's on the edge of grip perfectly. Fast counter-steering works without having to push against a force-wall until the game understands that you want to turn in the opposite direction now (hate that in GT6). And the most awesome thing about Horizons steering is letting go of the steering after counter-steering a long drift and letting it center on it's own and catching it in close to the center before it would overcompensate and you'd start spinning. SO gooood. ...and off-road bumps... I'll stop gushing now. Right decision, drugstore_cowboy, wait for it.

Btw, here are my shots from the controller-play (#raindrops):

Hip Hop

Shit like this totally ruins the game.

eh, it really doesn't. All it does it unlock the perks faster.

You're Rank doesn't move (just a small amount if at all) and the XP doesn't update on the leaderboards.

The original Forza Horizon had it worse. You could do an unlimited drift chain around the festival loop and it would actually rank you up.

Rosur

Done the first 3 championships and joined ForzaGaf club enjoying the game so far

Looking for some Xbox friends as well so yea my Xbox live account name is Rosur1

eh, it really doesn't. All it does it unlock the perks faster.

You're Rank doesn't move (just a small amount if at all) and the XP doesn't update on the leaderboards.

but you DO get XP for showing off skills, it's just close to nothing. Don't know how much you get for a 200.000 point skill-chain. could be worth a level or so...?!??

I just played with the Controller for 15 Minutes to take some pictures of my F12 Berlinetta paintjob (can't get the sticks on the controller to work with wheel as driving input for me as a player, they need to fix this, I so wanna take pictures during races!) and I can tell you, while I loved Forza 5 with the trigger vibration in the first months, after driving with the TX there's really no going back.

And the FFB is especially amazing in Horizon 2:
You get steering feel right from the center on, no almost-force-free center-zone like in Forza 5 that tightens the smaller the steering-lock. Yet you still can feel when the car it's on the edge of grip perfectly. Fast counter-steering works without having to push against a force-wall until the game understands that you want to turn in the opposite direction now (hate that in GT6). And the most awesome thing about Horizons steering is letting go of the steering after counter-steering a long drift and letting it center on it's own and catching it in close to the center before it would overcompensate and you'd start spinning. SO gooood. ...and off-road bumps... I'll stop gushing now. Right decision, drugstore_cowboy, wait for it.
Cheers that sounds fantastic.

I felt Horizon 1 also improved on some of FM4's force feedback. You're getting me hyped now.

Navy Bean

I plan on doing some happy drunk driving around Forza-Europe tonight. Hopefully my drivatar has the good sense to lay off the sauce...

Megasoum

Banned
I really gotta try the TX again with Horizon 2... I hated it with the demo but never tried the full game.

It was fine for road stuff in the demo but the moment you went offroad it was impossible to drive.

p3tran

Banned
so, we broke the 100 million barrier 8)

good job everybody!

also, note, there is a club that is climbing up faster than us, now is behind us but the difference is only 5mill.
its the slap team, and it might be a club that ..overtakes us if we dont step it up. them freakin' drifters :D

Has anyone got this bug where when the little leaderboard updates pop up the other name is just some gibberish (blocks) or nothing? It was working fine until recently when this started happening.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

good job everybody!

also, note, there is a club that is climbing up faster than us, now is behind us but the difference is only 5mill.
its the slap team, and it might be a club that ..overtakes us if we dont step it up. them freakin' drifters :D

I'm gonna be able to pull my weight this weekend.

Megasoum

Banned

good job everybody!

well I've been drifting on the airport runway for the last 1h30 so I'm doing my part lol.

Has anyone got this bug where when the little leaderboard updates pop up the other name is just some gibberish (blocks) or nothing? It was working fine until recently when this started happening.

I think someone said that it's a person with Japanese characters in his/her gamertag.

hey guys in this game if i stumble upon a good road can i create my own track? like set a way point and then try out beat my time? thats the only thing i like doing in racing games

Well, I got my rewards stuff, redeemed my loyalty cars and credits, but my credits haven't appeared in my balance.

Give it time or make a sad face?

Top Bottom