• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

jesu

I am now in the gaf club!
Number one here we come!

Now I can explore to my hearts content(once I download all my free cars :/)

Bought the VIP too.

shermas

I wish being in a club would match you up with other club members. You still have to add people to friends and form parties outside the game.

This, a 1000x. I hate that you don't just get thrown into an online game with your club members.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think there is some stuff in the social part around online. I've seen notifications of online freeroam starting and I assume that is either pulling from the club or my friends list?

m23

I should probably join the gaf club lol. I made my own with some friends assuming we can share cars and stuff, that didn't pan out the way I had hoped.

crash the xp signs

and why it matters......

b45d07679de515cf1c0bcdd56f5e5223840a0d8e6283f3b5cb916bf48aac41be.jpg

Dabanton

This game just exudes fun and freedom.

I just spot something off in the distance and I drive over there. I've been playing for about 3 hrs now and I've only done 2 races.

The world is just too nice not to explore.

Nista

I started playing this morning, guess I need to get a little further along in the story so I can join the club.

I also kind of want to play through the whole thing with the Tesla S, just to convince my bf to buy one as our next car. ;) If only the Roadster was in there.

Oh yeah, this is my GotY too. Easy. Crazy thing is I purchased Shadow of Mordor -- which I hear is pretty good as well -- and haven't even started it up.

I just saw this decent Skillzilla vid my Xbox recorded from last night - some decent overtakes and clean but crazy off-road shenanigans for the win.

No music this time. Was pure concentration goin on'

This game kicks so much ass it's probably illegal.

Megasoum

Banned
$%&?%$&%$?&$%&$%&$%

Just lot a 60 000 x 6 combo because the runway is considered a normal road so there's dravatars driving on it and one rammed me.... Arghhhhh

cool_dude

Banned
Here's why I think this game is so addicting and good.

Although it is "open world", you still have to go through well-placed checkpoints. So there is a factor of risk vs reward when speeding to the next checkpoint: do I take a shortcut here, do I go through these trees, do I brake early or late, etc. If any of you do mountain biking, or other activity that demands quick reflexes, your eyes scan the terrain and your brain chooses a line of attack--then you are rewarded (or punished) for your decision.

So because of the leeway, you consciously have to make a decision for yourself. There is positive reinforcement. But in a corridor racer on a track, there is literally only one right way to attack a corner or turn, and in a virtual online environment, it can becomes "bumper car city". Bouncing off invisible walls also make it less rewarding because you just hope to get back on track without significant loss of speed.

Anyways, FH2 is a drug!

Kssio_Aug

Im having a sort of bug when preseting those leaderboards notificationa at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes (tons of times) it shows my name and my score, and below it shows a bunch of squares and strange characteres. Also, once these characteres were scoring 999.999, but I believe its a bug because I ended up passing it (with a much lower score ofcourse).

Someone have any idea of wtf is that?

Anyways, FH2 is a drug!
I think my favorite element of Horizon 2 has to be the addition of road trips between championships.

Its a great way to transition between one set of events and the next - it introduces a new location, as well as a great set of roads to get there, and its not directly competitive - how fast you go really depends upon how you feel - so it can be really relaxing even when you're trying to beat the pack which makes for some nice contrast from the white knuckle stuff to come. Its also a great opportunity to showcase a new radio station and a new set of tunes - so you get this really cool musical driving interlude - on a trip always tailored with just the right weather and lighting conditions to make it memorable.

Such a perfect thing to add to a game that could otherwise be reduced to a series of events pegged to an overworld map. This locale has more character and life to it, and those more casual road trips go a long way towards establishing it, in terms of the environment, the music, the festival and the racing.

c0Zm1c

I've put a couple of hours or so into the Xbox 360 version now. I know that it was never going to look as good as the Xbox One version but I wasn't expecting it to be as jaw-droppingly rough as what I'm seeing on my television screen. Inconsistent too. You've got beautifully modeled vehicles driving around on what looks like unfinished, sometimes glitchy world design. What went wrong? Only three radio stations too.

It seems like a decent enough racing game, and the framerate is solid at least, but if you care about graphics at all then give this one a miss.

Ecto311

Im having a sort of bug when preseting those leaderboards notificationa at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes (tons of times) it shows my name and my score, and below it shows a bunch of squares and strange characteres. Also, once these characteres were scoring 999.999, but I believe its a bug because I ended up passing it (with a much lower score ofcourse).

Someone have any idea of wtf is that?

i get the same thing and was wondering if something got hacked or if there is just a glitch for me. I have like 12 and [][][][][][][][][][ has 999,999,999,999 on the score board.

I've put a couple of hours or so into the Xbox 360 version now. I know that it was never going to look as good as the Xbox One version but I wasn't expecting it to be as jaw-droppingly rough as what I'm seeing on my television screen. Inconsistent too. You've got beautifully modeled vehicles driving around on what looks like unfinished, sometimes glitchy world design. What went wrong? Only three radio stations too.

It seems like a decent enough racing game, and the frame rate is solid at least, but if you care about graphics at all then give this one a miss.

I got some new radio stations after winning a few games.

Top Bottom