• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Denzel

i've been wanting to learn how to drift for a while but all the youtube tutorials don't really explain anything... someone wanna explain how to drift in this game? :[ Please

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm playing around a bit with the TX... Except the fact that suddenly everything is 10x more difficult, it can be fun....

Weird however that you can't open the map with the "select" button like you can on the controller...Not a big deal obviously but still weird.

Krilekk

Banned
Finally got my 2.1 million CR and the six cars, everything downloaded just fine. Not that I need it, my balance is at 5.something million now and I rarely need to buy a car. Rising through the club ranks pretty fast, tier 2 already and tier 1 will fall tonight. Finding all those XP boards was good for about thirty ranks alone - or 500 k XP.

If you're buying perks, don't buy the one that is supposed to give you better rewards more often. It doesn't. My most common reward is 6.000 CR. I think I got 4 high value cars and high value cash each in 100 spins. Average reward is about 25k CR (that's including VIP 2x). Which is ridiculously low compared to Forza 5 (70k with VIP). But oh well, like I said I'm not having money problems so it's ok I guess.

Most useful perks are "10 % off all cars", "skill counter at double speed", "skill counter goes to 6" and "fast travel anywhere". It's probably best to get the skill counter perks at first because it makes getting points (and perks) much easier.

Great game all around but I'm missing an option to just select a championship from a menu. How exactly does it work if you don't reach 1st place in one of them? Do you have to repeat championships until you get the option to race that particular one again?

Klocker

Man o man, I Have hours and hours into this game and have hardly touched multiplayer and have only done enough championships to qualify for the club... level 35, lots of cars and money . :)

Just tweaking cars, free roaming xp gathering and drivatar head to heads.

eek5

Goddamn this game

Dat Ferrari Bucket List with the classical station around the coast

Poetry

That was a really good one. The music choice was appropriate then half way through I realized they gave you a ton of time so you could enjoy the drive. So good.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do the barn finds only unlock to when they have the grey circle around them? Found a barn just South of the main horizon festival and I'm sure I hadn't unlocked it already, but it wasn't triggering anything

I think I should have done a few less xp boards/roads etc at each area. Hadn't realised I would be revisiting each one multiple times, or that there were only 6 main areas. Now I pretty much have nothing left to do except the races. That's fine, but the exploring in between helped break things up

eek5

pls.png

yeah, ok 👍

Hah, this is the worst part of joining the club. I went from getting wrecked by short sirket and pyro to competing with a bunch of boxes on everything. :\

Veneno is godly. Handling blows the Huracan out of the water. Will just be driving around for a while now with this beautiful machine.

Bessy67

Racing in hood-cam, with almost no HUD is super immersive...which is why it's a little disappointing to see the amount of pop-in that this game has, especially with the faster cars. I was blitzing down the road in the P1 earlier today and the game almost had a hard time keeping up with me, lol. It reminded me of when you drive super fast in GTA5, but nowhere near as bad.

Updated my map of bonus boards. I have 145/150 now. Use the map and see if you have any that are not on this map. Lets get those last 5 and complete this. I also have a map with barn finds that I posted a few pages back if anyone needs it, but those are pretty easy to find.

fh2_bonusboard_map_v2ppktj.jpg

Here is a map of all of the boards and barn finds

1wcCMh7.jpg

Certinty

I'm a bit lost with what the Horizon finale is? In the first game the whole game was the finale or am I understanding this wrong?

Grisby

I'm a bit lost with what the Horizon finale is? In the first game the whole game was the finale or am I understanding this wrong?
In the first game you were ranking up on the list so you could face the top driver.

Here, you're completing championships in order to get to the finale, or the 'end' of the game.

Lima

Well yeah there was only one championship and you had to rank up for the ultimate race that was the Horizon race that went all around the map.

In 2 it's pretty much the same with the difference that there are multiple championships you have to win before you can compete in the final race.

Hah, this is the worst part of joining the club. I went from getting wrecked by short sirket and pyro to competing with a bunch of boxes on everything. :

I don't know if it makes you feel any better or worse, but I am significantly worse at this game then FM5. The off road races are just the worst for me. I can't believe how bad I am at them!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think it's actually 1.2m. I just got mine :)
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Actually you're right, I was wondering between the LaFerrari at 800k and the lambo, and went for the Ferrari eventually. Couldn't justify half my money on one car just yet. But I'm coming back for it.

BizzyBum

I just had the weirdest thing happen to me.

I was racing in a circuit and then out of nowhere my Xbone swaps to YouTube and plays a video of someone talking about the Alan Henning beheading. I'm freaked out right now...

frontieruk

I don't know if it makes you feel any better or worse, but I am significantly worse at this game then FM5. The off road races are just the worst for me. I can't believe how bad I am at them!

If it makes you feel any better you've not appeared in any of my events since I joined the club... I wonder if I'm doing different championships to you...

frontieruk

I just had the weirdest thing happen to me.

I was racing in a circuit and then out of nowhere my Xbone swaps to YouTube and plays a video of someone talking about the Alan Henning beheading. I'm freaked out right now...

Someone in the house pranking you from their phone? I believe you can cast to the Xbox now even when the YouTube app isn't running, thus the swap to YouTube.

OneLetter

Spent an hour this morning finishing off the billboards. Free fast travel, combined with the perk, so much better.

Now my goal is to get into Tier 1 of the club. Currently Rank 7 of 588, only about 100K XP away from breaking in.

Nearly all people that have Forza oriented channels sound like surfer, dude-bros, they also talk too much. So hard to find gameplay that doesn't annoy me.

Top Bottom