• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Navigating the world map is so fun in this game because of the drive anywhere design. Heading to the next race and the GPS says I'm 5 miles away. Not if I cut right through this this giant field!

FordGTGuy

Banned
It's fine if that's the kind of music you like, but to say there is lots of variety is just flat out wrong.

I said tons of selection, not tons of variety. Person all I don't enjoy any of the music with the exception of classical in the game but that doesn't mean I can't respect the amount of music and how good the music is for the genre.

Personally I would have liked to have a real rock station with some radar love, renegade, fuel and more.

shermas

Has anyone confirmed... there's no way to search or start a GAF club 'room,' right? You have to be friends with someone, then join them in a party session, then go online together? I never do that...

I wish we could just search for club members and race with them.

jem0208

I absolutely love the music selection. Loads of really, really good stuff. It's also varied enough for me to not really get bored, the classical station is hilarious as well.

Favourite station at the moment is Ninja Tune I think.

ekim

Has anyone confirmed... there's no way to search or start a GAF club 'room,' right? You have to be friends with someone, then join them in a party session, then go online together? I never do that...

I wish we could just search for club members and race with them.

Yeah that would be really nice. So far the club is nothing more than a list. Oh and you get some bonuses when driving online.

N° 2048

I got a daily gift from the "Turn 10 Community" in my Club tab. 100,000 CR.

That's pretty cool, is this a common occurrence?

Megasoum

Banned
All right... The guys in here who are loving the game with a Thrustmaster TX... Can you give my your settings so that I can give them a try?

Snackawho

Is anyone organizing a gaf online road trip/free roam session sometime today? I would love to play with some of you guys but I have none of you on my friends list.

RawNuts

Segaswirl is in the GAF club? What is his name on GAF?

I used to race with him back on Burnout 3; he was one of the best in the world. Good times.

10/10. Most fun I have had with a video game in a very long time.

The launch issues that are still ongoing have really harshed my enjoyment of the game but if you are going to wait a while they probably won't last. Game is fantastic besides that, the races are fun, the atmosphere is great and the handling is Forza Excellence.

Game with Launch issues: 7/10
Game without issues: 9/10

The game is GOTY material for me but I really love racing games. I will buy all of them except The Crew this year and I really don't expect any of them to be better than Forza Horizon 2.

The game is everything I wanted from a Forza Horizon sequel. It's beautiful and the driving feels great.

i think its a perfect ten. great visuals, great open world, fun cars, fun events... i dont know of anything that id dock it for. maybe that i havent gotten my loyalty cars yet? but thats so minor...

10/10

Honestly? I'd give it a perfect score (10/10 in your case). I've yet to find what I dont like on this game! The cars variety is awesome! The customization, at least for me that is new to the Forza series, is amazing! Graphical quality is superb, specially for an open-world racing! It handles like a dream! There are tons of events; there are specific events where you have to race against a train or airplanes that are amusing and exciting!

An absolute blast! I highly recommend it! Since Need for Speed Underground I dont have that much of fun with a racing game!

I would give it like an 8.5. The visuals, sound, variety is pretty great. But the similar formula is already getting kind of old. Race in 4 events, "road trip", repeat. I wish there was more variety in mission type. I also think there is some pop in issues, online is a little janky but that should change. The credit system is kind of stupid.

10/10

+ Visuals: Image quality is outstanding and I would argue the best looking game on Xbox One as of right now.
+ Gameplay: Physics even closer to Motorsport series with a second to none assists and simulated damage system.
+ Multiplayer: Seamless joining and good systems that keep you engaged and having fun.
+ Sounds: Great music, tons of music selection and cars sound like they should.
+ AI: Drivatars continue to show how impressive the system emulates actual humans.

This game is amazing but i don't know about dropping $600 for it. Is there anything else interest you on x1?

I'd give it 9/10 and i don't like sim racing games .

Thanks for all of the impressions. I'm looking on Cowboom to see if I could save some money on an Xbox One. I may wait until Black Friday to see some deals also.

Tc91

Thanks for all of the impressions. I'm looking on Cowboom to see if I could save some money on an Xbox One. I may wait until Black Friday to see some deals also.

Waiting for a deal on a Xbox One too, I'm in the UK so not sure if it will drop during Black Friday here. They only recently cut it to £329 so if a deal pops up for around that price with Forza or Halo I could be seriously tempted to pick one up.

This game does look superb though.

gsrjedi

All right... The guys in here who are loving the game with a Thrustmaster TX... Can you give my your settings so that I can give them a try?

I've got everything on default settings. I was switching to 450 degrees in game, but every time I play it resets so I've gotten used to 900 degrees. Biggest thing with that is it's harder to catch slides & now 450 feels twitchy to me.

Loving this game so far it's so addicting. My only complaints are in photo mode when you share, you can't hit RB to fast forward through manufacturers & it's annoying having to scroll through all of them repeatedly.

This game needs a real twisty mountain road area. Playing The Crew beta & the best part was bombing through a snowy mountain pass.

I'd say the only flaw I have with the game is that there's no damage readout of your car. With sim damage on I like to know what's been damaged, it just seems to help in FM5.

Also, the RS2 is an A class monster with the V10 engine. I've literally never lost a championship in it, and only lost one race out of 15, which was a team race in which I got slammed off the road multiple times (because people are far dirtier in those races) and came 2nd.

Gestault

I'd say literally the only flaw I have with the game is that there's no damage readout of your car. With sim damage on I like to know what's been damaged, it just seems to help in FM5.

I'd agree with this. If I'm choosing to race with mechanical damage, I really do need to know if I've blown a particular part, because it makes reacting to it on the next turn all the more important. Admittedly, I've mostly just raced with superficial damage. Any races outside of the cities are way too rough on my poor rides.

I'd say the only flaw I have with the game is that there's no damage readout of your car. With sim damage on I like to know what's been damaged, it just seems to help in FM5.

Yeah, that lack of instant feedback on how screwed you are kinda hurts when you're attempting to get back into the race only to find your acceleration is chopped in half and your top speed is two-thirds of what it was. I've stopped using sim damage in matchmaking since it's more a liability when others are into more demolition derby-levels of contact.

gsrjedi

Holding down on the d-pad brings up the telemetry & the last page of that has detailed damage info. Not the same as the icon that pops up in Motorsport, but you can at least get an idea

I've stopped using sim damage in matchmaking since it's more a liability when others are into more demolition derby-levels of contact.

I'm doing the same. I posted a video earlier of me racing cleanly ahead of the pack only to be wiped out by a guy in a Urus cutting into me to win, completely ruined my car.

Dunno if it's possible, but in a patch I'd appreciate the ability to have separate difficulty settings for online and off, because offline I like to race sim damage for the extra reward, but I'm not taking the risk online.

On another note, I just discovered that you can tune your car on the go, pretty nice not having to visit the garage to do it.

Naked Lunch

This is easily the best game of the new gen so far. Just incredible in all areas. The sense of speed is awesome - and I love the music. Hospital Radio all day. Road tripping to the next location is just memorable videogame stuff. Online is really fun too.

TKR92

This is easily the best game of the new gen so far. Just incredible in all areas. The sense of speed is awesome - and I love the music. Hospital Radio all day. Road tripping to the next location is just memorable videogame stuff. Online is really fun too.

I'm not sure it is possible, but I will pay lots of money for Hospital Radio songs DLC.

ShamePain

Banned
Been playing 5 hours straight right after the game finished downloading. FH2 has got me by the balls, I'm a fan of Forza since 2009, but this game is just on a whole new level. Just pure driving bliss. The physics, the graphics, the sounds, the atmosphere, it's all top notch. I literally have no negatives to write to this game. A bit early to say, but I think it might just be my GOTY.

farisr

This is the situation I'm finding myself in right now. LOL.

forzaps4yqbt5.png

I expected to have an xbox one by now. Looks like a great game, really tempted to go out and get an xbox one. But will probably endd up selling it for now and buy it later if it's not included in the holiday bundle that'll probably come out later this year. Already have a big enough current gen backlog.

This is the situation I'm finding myself in right now. LOL.

forzaps4yqbt5.png

I expected to have an xbox one by now. Looks like a great game, really tempted to go out and get an xbox one. But will probably endd up selling it for now and buy it later if it's not included in the holiday bundle that'll probably come out later this year. Already have a big enough current gen backlog.

Did you forget you pre-ordered the game?

Why sell it? Just return it to the store and use the money for DC or Shadow of Mordor.

Top Bottom