• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

B-Dex

Going into photo mode at the beginning of races and capturing 4+ New cars in a photo crashes the game everytime.

T.O.P

Banned
Going into photo mode at the beginning of races and capturing 4+ New cars in a photo crashes the game everytime.

Weird, i pretty much do that everytime i start a new Championship and nothing happens :/

Two crashes i hot so far were while roaming about doin nothing in particular

Gestault

For clarification, "new cars" meaning ones for the Horizon Promo photos, right? I haven't had that happen, but I'm not sure if I had more than four in the shot or not.

B-Dex

For clarification, "new cars" meaning ones for the Horizon Promo photos, right? I haven't had that happen, but I'm not sure if I had more than four in the shot or not.

Yep. New for the horizon promo. It crashes for me everytime.

Not in the dash preview either.

Gestault

Yep. New for the horizon promo. It crashes for me everytime.

Not in the dash preview either.

I've gotta check it out, it's probably worth sending a PM to HeliosT10 or someone from Playground. They've been pretty interested in info like that for patching.

Brakara

I don't know if it makes you feel any better or worse, but I am significantly worse at this game then FM5. The off road races are just the worst for me. I can't believe how bad I am at them!

To me it feels like the drivatars are much better off-road than on tarmac. It's like their skill level is set to the highest whenever they go off-road...

Bessy67

Speaking of the Horizon Promo, why does it stop the tally at 220? I'm at 235 or 236.

To me it feels like the drivatars are much better off-road than on tarmac. It's like their skill level is at the highest off-road...
They cheat offroad. Driveatars seem to be able to skip checkpoints with no consequences.

Is there any benefit to joining a club if you have zero interest in the MP?
Not really I guess, but the exp you earn helps your club.

eek5

Is there any benefit to joining a club if you have zero interest in the MP?

You get bonus credits as you accumulate XP also have more people to "compete" against when you complete activites although most of them are just boxes right now.

Zafir

You get bonus credits as you accumulate XP also have more people to "compete" against when you complete activites although most of them are just boxes right now.
Your XP goes towards the lovely people of the GAF club (for example) and helps their chances of winning bonus points - which you get too
Hmm, guess it wouldn't hurt to join the Gaf one then just to help the team along. ^^

Cheers.

Gigarator

Good to see it isn't just me having crashing issues. I've just had 3 in the space of the last half hour, two while breaking signboards and one from getting a level up. I'm not in the dash beta.

It's a shame because I'm having such a blast with the game, but for now I'm playing it with a twinge of paranoia.

3 complete freezes of xbox with the horrible noise. Not doing anything in particular apart from driving to next race start.

I'm in preview with the latest update.

Enilced2

There was an update earlier today that should have addressed this. Have you updated recently?
Any news about the people getting crashes and not on the dashboard preview program? Just seems to do it randomly but always when it would be updating something server side to me like smashing a board or hitting a speed trap

Grisby

I've only seen the ai cheat twice so far, both times on rally races.

You can get a little leeway yourself when going over the checkpoint markers.

Gestault

I've only seen the ai cheat twice so far, both times on rally races.

You can get a little leeway yourself when going over the checkpoint markers.

I've definitely sneaked maybe 10 feet outside of the smoke markers and still had it recognize, but it's close shave depending on the angle.

madmackem

Loving this, my friends xbox one controller losses synch at times and when it does forza crashes everytime, its pissing him off no end, patch?.

Bessy67

I'd appreciate it, though chances are I'll have plenty of chances myself soon, now that it's something to look for.
It's particularly obvious in one of the rally races up to the airport (I think the Saint-Martin one). I don't think it's really that big of a deal though and it really doesn't shave off that much time, but the first time I did that race I was drafting an avatar and almost missed the checkpoint when he kept going straight while the gate was off to the left.

Gestault

It's particularly obvious in one of the rally races up to the airport (I think the Saint-Martin one). I don't think it's really that big of a deal though and it really doesn't shave off that much time, but the first time I did that race I was drafting an avatar and almost missed the checkpoint when he kept going straight while the gate was off to the left.

I'd have been maaaad, lol

Brakara

So, I don't think it's this I'm experiencing. I even tried to set the difficulty on them down, but they're still going super fast off-road. And as soon as we get to the tarmac I easily pass them.

HeliosT10

Any news about the people getting crashes and not on the dashboard preview program? Just seems to do it randomly but always when it would be updating something server side to me like smashing a board or hitting a speed trap

If anyone's experiencing crashing can you send me a PM with your gamertag along with your console info. To get there you go settings->system->console info.

Would also be good to know how full your HDD is and if you're using an external HDD. Also information about what you were doing when the game crashed would be nice along with what type of crash it was (crash to dashboard, game freezed with that loud noise, etc).

Thanks

So, I don't think it's this I'm experiencing. I even tried to set the difficulty on them down, but they're still going super fast off-road. And as soon as we get to the tarmac I easily pass them.

It could be that to match your tunes they're using overpowered AWD setups, and once you get to somewhere more grip/handling related you blow them away.

New002

Speaking of the Horizon Promo, why does it stop the tally at 220? I'm at 235 or 236.

They cheat offroad. Driveatars seem to be able to skip checkpoints with no consequences.

I see drivatars skip checkpoints on offroad races. It's annoying when I am following them and they skip the checkpoint so I miss it as well :(

I still haven't run into this myself, any chance you've capped some video of it?
Would love to see it too just to be sure, because it's felt like they've cheated a few times over now. Mostly when I'm tailgating a car and still end up missing a checkpoint.

I still think the AI cars have supernatural grip at speed and supernatural acceleration coming out of the bends. Also figured I'd see more unpredictable humanish Drivatar behavior.

Speaking of which, I don't think I'm seeing any gaffers at all on the free roam roads or in races. Does the game clip the clan tag off of names in the wild? Or am I still getting Drivatars for the default AI like I was on day one?

frontieruk

Would love to see it too just to be sure, because it's felt like they've cheated a few times over now. Mostly when I'm tailgating a car and still end up missing a checkpoint.

I still think the AI cars have supernatural grip at speed and supernatural acceleration coming out of the bends. Also figured I'd see more unpredictable humanish Drivatar behavior.

Speaking of which, I don't think I'm seeing any gaffers at all on the free roam roads or in races. Does the game clip the clan tag off of names in the wild? Or am I still getting Drivatars for the default AI like I was on day one?

I see some GAF tagged drivers, but I see a lot of Forza gaf without the tag so not sure.

220 I think is the number car in standard edition of the game. It would be unfair for people that don't have access to the extra cars.

Gestault

The tag should still show up, at least it has been for me. The rivals challenges it sends me are almost all GAF people as well.

220 I think is the number car in standard edition of the game. It would be unfair for people that don't have access to the extra cars.

It's slightly over 220 for everyone, because traffic cars count. I think the reason it stops at 220 is because every incremented reward is +20, and I don't think there are enough cars for a 240 reward.

Even the counter on the loading screen stops at 230, despite the leaderboard showing I have 234 or 235.

EDIT: Also, everyone can screenshot every car. The drivatars can use cars that you don't have the DLC for, since they're included in updates, not the DLC itself.

Finding those boards and barnyard cars is addicting just like...those freakin' orbs from Crackdown!
Its way harder than it seems :)

I swear that those farmhouses just POP into existence at the last moment. At the very least some kind of elven magic makes them blend into the trees.

Senpai

Neo Member
Loving this, my friends xbox one controller losses synch at times and when it does forza crashes everytime, its pissing him off no end, patch?.

I actually found a fix for this before:

-Launch Forza Horizon 2 from the dashboard
-While it's loading through the logos and licensing jargon, force the pad to disconnect by taking the batteries out of the back
-As soon as the light goes off on the pad, put the batteries back in and the pad will reconnect
-Any further pad disconnections with actually let your reconnect and not force you to hard reset the console.

Will do until it's patched I guess.

I am the human GPS. Have just earned the achievement for driving on every road.

Did quite a bit of the final legwork with the Ford Capri, the car I learned to drive in.

GravyButt

Damnit. Was so hyped. Just bought it and heading home with the wife. Pull in driveway and inlaws are waiting for us. Evidently they invited themselves over for dinner.

Sad panda :(

Am I doing it right?

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

arhra

Yeah, I think that's probably the same course where I noticed a particularly obvious example.

Under a bridge with a support pillar in the middle, the checkpoint is off to the left-hand-side, while the drivatars just keep following the dirt trail on the right. Had to rewind there the first time, as I figured the checkpoint smoke I could see to the left was the left side one, and followed the drivatars right past the checkpoint.

Top Bottom