• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Snubbers

So...maybe I'm crazy, but the final game looks a little better than the demo to me.

Weather effects are more pronounced, there's more in the way of effects when you barrel through a vineyard, the world looks more detailed.

That was also my first impression, I can't be bothered to go back to the demo, but I was very impressed with a few things in the full game, very very capable game graphically.

Kalm

This game...

I had to switch back to a controller after 3 days and 15+ hours with the wheel and seat because my back/arms/shoulders are literally f*cked.

Already a safe-bet for my GOTY.

Also, I'm taking tune requests if anyone needs one. I can make that X-999 '69 Mustang handle like a Lotus Exige if you let me. :)

absolutely in love with the game-everything works so well. first racing game purchase since I think Gran Tourismo 2(?)

-btw the music selection is killer. it's like my soundcloud playlists were chosen for the music

Matty8787

So can I make my way through the story with the cars he gives me then come back on myself to enter other championships after the finale?

MouldyK

Okay, I kept many wheelspins until I got the perk for better ones, so let's see what I get:

Spin 1: 15,400 + VIP Bonus of 15,400. (Meh, it'll get better)
Spin 2: 14,300 + VIP Bonus of 14,300. (...or not...)
Spin 3: 3,300 + VIP Bonus of 3,300. (...luckier, eh?)
Spin 4: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG + VIP Bonus of 215,600. (Now that's what i'm talking about!)
Spin 5: 3,300 + VIP Bonus of 3,300. (...and...we're back to shit.)
Spin 6: 20,900 + VIP Bonus of 20,900. (Getting better...)
Spin 7: Chevrolet Camera Z28 + VIP Bonus of 13,200. (Cheap car, but it's free.)
Spin 8: 9,900 + VIP Bonus of 9,900. (Beats 3,300, that's for sure.)
Spin 9: Vauxhall Astra VXR + VIP Bonus of 35,200. (Another free car. Neat.)
Spin 10: 19,800 + VIP Bonus of 19,800. (Decent again.)
Spin 11: 110,000 + VIP Bonus of 110,000. (KEPT YOU WAITING, HUH?)
Spin 12: 18,700 + VIP Bonus of 18,700. (Getting less now...how many spins do I even have saved?)
Spin 13: 5,500 + VIP Bonus of 5,500. (3,300's brother?)
Spin 14: 16,500 + VIP Bonus of 16,500. (Meh.)
Spin 15: 15,400 + VIP Bonus of 15,400. (Meh.)
Spin 16: 8,800 + VIP Bonus of 8,800. (Sigh.)

So yeah, half-decent. But not great.

Anyone got better (or worse) spins they remember?

dejay

Banned
Fuck - where did the day go? Woke up at 7.30 this morning and it's now 9 pm. Apart from one hour, I've been playing this all that time. I can't remember the last game I was so compelled to play. I had to pull myself away. This is my GOTY for sure. I have DC preordered but I can't see it beating this, even if it is pretty. It has a huge range of content and my only complaint so far is that there should have been more, more, more!

Every time I think I'm in love with a car, I try something else and fall in love with that one too. I like the fact I can choose a car, have a bit of a fun road trip with it to the next championship and by the time the championship is finished, I've gotten the nuances of that particular car down. Old cars, slow cars, fast cars, insane cars - there's a championship for each of them and you could easily stick with one or two cars for very long periods or swap around like a mad man. The only car I haven't liked so far was the Viper, mainly because the first race was with a lot of hair pins and American Muscle doesn't suit that in my opinion and it made me remember the reasons I don't like muscle cars in games. I simply changed cars and entered a different championship - I'll happily avoid that category and not even notice it missing but I'll probably revisit it at some point.

There are many different feels to the game depending on what and where you drive. Driving short circuit races around Niece felt like PGR. Some of the offroad stuff reminded me of Flatout. If I feel myself wearying of something I'll try something else. Then there's the open world stuff to break up the racing along with the traditional Forza liveries, tuning and modding.

I have a range of minor quibbles. I think there should have been more roads squeezed in there to create maybe 30% more courses. Saying that I've been playing a lot and I've only started to see some pop up for the second time, so I'm just being greedy. Another quibble is Mr Dudebro and his plastic brothers ruining photos. I find I'm composing photos to exclude or obscure him from shots, which is a pity as the best shots are from the front. Also, are there no girl drivers? When I start the game there is the occasional hitch, maybe two or three, in the first five minutes or so but after that it smooths out. Also, it locked up on me once and I had to reboot.

I've also encountered some bugs and glitches, like waiting for 10+ seconds after a race before my earnings are shown or at one occasion human voices becoming distorted, while the remaining sounds and music remained unaffected (messing around with some apps, then returning to the game fixed that). No crashes yet, however.

Yes, I'm in the preview program.

So can I make my way through the story with the cars he gives me then come back on myself to enter other championships after the finale?

There's at least one more championship series after the first. I'm about six events plus the finale away from finishing the second championship, and there are still a lot of events I have yet to do.

HeliosT10

How common have reports been of crashing that actually corrupted a save file? I'm a little nervous about that. I would be so mad. :/

I haven't seen that happen yet.

In other news, if you're on the beta dash program please take the latest update:

DETAILS
OS version released: xb_rel_1410.141001-2100
Available: 6PM PDT 10/03 (2AM GMT 10/04)

FIXES
· When resuming from connected standby, you should no longer experience white static on screen.
· A fix for the previously known issue when resuming from Instant-On mode and the only twist available is Home.
· When playing Forza 5 or Forza Horizon 2, you should no longer experience crashes during a race, or be unable to launch games following the crash.
o If you still experience this issue, please let us know by reporting the problem via the Feedback app, and by posting on the forums. “

Matty8787

There's at least one more championship series after the first. I'm about six events plus the finale away from finishing the second championship, and there are still a lot of events I have yet to do.

I am just hoping I can go back and change cars and do them events aswell after the finale.

arhra

Just checked the Social tab to clear out some club member notifications, and noticed that my rewards have come through, both cars and credits, including the WRX you get for playing the demo.

Shame I'm only a tier 3 pleb, so no Huracán for me :(

Certinty

So I just got an Xbox One and this and am looking for some friends to play with. Please add my Gamertag 'Jason Fernandes'.

Absolutely loving the game, when the game started and I was driving the Huracan to the festival I was literally astonished with how the game looked and also the triggers are bloody amazing on the controller.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Hoping we get some hoppers for online road trip, any word on stuff like this coming Helios?

Would love a production hopper with a random production vehicle. A random class hopper so A and S1 don't win every hopper. Offroad hopper with strictly off road vehicles and off road tracks.

Would also be nice to see the large finale race opened for online competition too.

Maybe after every 4 to 5 championships in online road trip you can have a finale race.

Brakara

I've had just one crash, which happened right after smashing into an XP board. Much to my (pleasant) surprise, when I booted the game again, the XP smash had actually been saved and I had levelled up. I'm not in the preview program btw.

The only other bug I've seen is the weird score bug. But that never happened until I joined the GAF club, so I would guess it's related to that.

Sordid

All of my rewards came through bar the Rally Fighter. At least it's a cheap car, I just bought it instead.

What's everyone favourite type of race? I do like the off road\cross country ones but racing through rainy city tracks at night really reminds me of PGR, it's great!

All of my rewards came through bar the Rally Fighter. At least it's a cheap car, I just bought it instead.

At least you didn't forget about your rewards and buy a McLaren P1, lol.

Doesn't really matter anyway because the game smothers you in money, it's great.

10/10

+ Visuals: Image quality is outstanding and I would argue the best looking game on Xbox One as of right now.
+ Gameplay: Physics even closer to Motorsport series with a second to none assists and simulated damage system.
+ Multiplayer: Seamless joining and good systems that keep you engaged and having fun.
+ Sounds: Great music, tons of music selection and cars sound like they should.
+ AI: Drivatars continue to show how impressive the system emulates actual humans.

You must be high.

I agree with him 100% on the cars, they sound fantastic. The music isn't my taste but that's easy to turn off.

You need to drive more cars then (in real life). There are a few cars that sound fantastic, the last I remember is the SLS AMG, it sounds pretty close, but there are a bunch of Ferrari's that sound like dog shit, and the biggest one that stands out to me is the C7 Stingray, sounds like complete garbage.

Also, the backfire sound on downshifting, while not as bad as Forza 5, still sounds like someone kicking a box full of mud and nothing like a real car. It's also hilarious that buying a race exhaust is what causes it... yeah okay.

I actually agree with him, at least compared to any racing game I've played in the last...ooh, 7 years? Once the Italian stations like Levante unlocked and I got the option for some classical, this game has hit all the notes I need from it.

It's fine if that's the kind of music you like, but to say there is lots of variety is just flat out wrong.

Ason

5wWf7HaSKGn2y94hz9K.gif

5xtDartyBobWNhSM4ow.gif

5xtDarKvWv1klYmSX6M.gif

I'm having megatons of fun, GREAT GAME!

Top Bottom