• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Kssio_Aug

Is there a way to find out my points on a championship without finishing a race?
I forgot to see at my last race and I dont know if I should low the difficult now, cause I think I will need at least 2nd place
Edit: Uhuul, I made it at 1st! =P

jesu

Plug in your mic and turn the volume off? That should work. Not sure if there is a system wide setting.

Cheers, I'll have a look for my mic.
Looking it up online, making a party for just myself might work, and there is a privacy setting to block voice and text from no friends.
I'll try those too.

jem0208

Cheers, I'll have a look for my mic.
Looking it up online, making a party for just myself might work, and there is a privacy setting to block voice and text from no friends.
I'll try those too.

If you do use the your mic make sure to mute yourself. Otherwise obviously everyone could hear you :p

Ade

Title crashes that seem to take my XB1 down seconds later are ruining this for me.

Assume its a beta preview issue so not that widespread?

Noobcraft

I'm in the preview and haven't had any crashes or hiccups. It's weird that some people are having issues while others aren't. I have like 15 hours of gameplay so far.

Well I'm not in the preview and I've had one crash. So I don't think it's just preview people.

I mean the frequency of crashes. I've had most retail PS4 and X1 games lock up once, at least, if I played them quite a bit, anyway. Just seems to be even more common this gen, like more than when it started to became somewhat common last gen. The advent of more fully featured OSes running more services alongside game software leading to more conflicts.

Zafir

I mean the frequency of crashes. I've had most retail PS4 and X1 games lock up once, at least, if I played them quite a bit, anyway. Just seems to be even more common this gen, like more than when it started to became somewhat common last gen. The advent of more fully featured OSes running more services alongside game software leading to more conflicts.
Yeah, true I've had games on both consoles lock up. Compare that to last gen where I can barely remember any games locking up.
Did it happen when you bust through a sign or gained a level?
I'd just finished a bucket list event. I think I may have levelled up from it, can't really remember.

jesu

Have you updated in the past day or so? There's been a recent update.

Yes earlier today.

That being said, I checked for an update just before my last post, just to make sure,
and there wasn't one available.
There is now though!

248mb download, I'll install it now and see how it goes.I need to go to bed soon though!

derbene

Neo Member
Yes. Check your messages for your daily Drivatar rewards.

Do I have to do anything for this to happen? Do I have to play the game for a certain amount of time to create my Drivatar? Will I be informed when my Drivatar is created and appears online for other users? I'm asking because I'm playing the game since days and have not received any message about Drivatar rewards.

Brakara

Second game crash today. 1st was on road discover, second on fast travel board smash, game stat popup/count mechanism maybe causing the issue.

I've had the same two crashes, as well as one just now when I went through a speed trap. Game freezes with an annoying sound.

Is this maybe related to the score bug, because the crashes are always right before the leaderboard comparison normally comes up? I also had no game crashes before I joined the GAF club, and now I've had three. And I'm not in the preview program.

Kssio_Aug

Honestly, for everyone who have not done it yet, do it!! Once doing a travel on free-roam, disable EVERYTHING of the HUD, including the map. Its so awesome to travel with that enviroment alone! *-*

Prototype

360 vs xbone comparisons?

My brother has the 360 and am thinking about just picking it up for That so I can at least play it.

Edit. Other than worse graphics, the game itself is the same right?

Couple of questions:

Is there an easier way to shortcut to photo mode, rather than pausing and selecting it from the menu? Other recent games I played with a photo mode (tlou and infamous) just mapped it to a click on the analog stick.

Are the night cycles way shorter than daytime? I've played about 4 hours now and it feels like the sun is always up.

Bessy67

Couple of questions:

Is there an easier way to shortcut to photo mode, rather than pausing and selecting it from the menu? Other recent games I played with a photo mode (tlou and infamous) just mapped it to a click on the analog stick.

Are the night cycles way shorter than daytime? I've played about 4 hours now and it feels like the sun is always up.

You can get to photo mode by holding up on the d pad, and yes it seems to me like day is longer than night. Must be summer in Tuscany.

Anybody think the Telsa Model S owns in this game? It's downside is it has a bad top speed but everything else it just kicks ass in. Not sure if OP or i'm just coming up against bad players.

Bessy67

Anybody think the Telsa Model S owns in this game? It's downside is it has a bad top speed but everything else it just kicks ass in. Not sure if OP or i'm just coming up against bad players.
It's a nice car, but for some reason a car in a game like this that doesn't make awesome engine sounds just doesn't do it for me.

Footos22

Just did a lambo bucket list. Can't remember name of it. Looked like a spaceship from behind. Drove like a 180mph go kart. Me want

It is early on in the game, but this is my goty so far.

My game of the year as well so far. Not sure another will be able to take it's place. DC has got FH2 beat on graphics.. but everything else is FH2. And I can't believe I'm saying it.. even with my avatar I rock.. But FH2 has passed TitanFall as my GOTY.

Honestly, for everyone who have not done it yet, do it!! Once doing a travel on free-roam, disable EVERYTHING of the HUD, including the map. Its so awesome to travel with that enviroment alone! *-*

B-B-but...without the map, how will I know where I have to go? :O
Anna?

Smartglass support with your second screen as the map would be so awesome ...

Helios... what he said!

Also.. don't think that I'm not making a Destruction Derby type free roam for my clan/car club.

How many people can join a free roam MP game on your friends list? We should get a huge amount of us out on a field sometime and just bang the shit out of each other.

Did I write bang?!

/n. ...o

Krilekk

Banned
Finally beat the game. Horizon 1 is better. The main reason is lack of variety in Horizon 2. You have 168 championships but the 28 in each of the six locations only differ by car. They take place on the same tracks, the races feel samey (basically you start in eight place, work your way to fifth where you will stay until about the last third of the race. Then suddenly the opponents slow down, you pass them and once you're in front they are back to aggressive mode - it feels very staged), there is no real progression. After the 15 championships it took to get to the (apparently first) final race I'm already too bored to do the other 153 championships because I know they are just repeats of what I've already seen. Took me 6 hours to get there (plus 12 hours online). The whole structure of having to go on a road trip to access races is BOOOOORING. It's interesting the first five times but after the 15th road trip to the same damn locations I just want to skip them.

Another problem is lack of progression. Yeah, you can still collect XP to level up - but why? And once you've unlocked all perks the points mechanic becomes totally useless. There should be more. More perks, maybe another progression method (every level currently costs the same amount of XP and every skill point the same amount of points). I can see myself playing multiplayer for quite some time but singleplayer is just weak. :(

I was able to put a few hours behind the wheel today, GREAT game, I have lots of good comments about the handling, the graphics, the sound and the whole experience. I found a few minor things Im not all convinced are little things.

I hope the game sells really well, Playgroung Games deserve it.

Top Bottom