• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

LoveCake

The 2xCR and 2xXP are from a skill perk and the HE car respectively, the 3x skill XP is a skill perk as well.

Oh cool, which perks though had a look but cannot see any 2xCR or 2xXP, there is:
"in the fast lane" that gives permanent 10% event finish XP.
"wombo combo" that will earn 10% more toward skill score from combo skills.
"skill legend" skill chain goes up to 6.
"skill shortcut" skills multiplier builds twice as quick.

I don't have a HE car :mad: think as UE owner should have been given a free one!

Oh cool, which perks though had a look but cannot see any 2xCR or 2xXP, there is:
"in the fast lane" that gives permanent 10% event finish XP.
"wombo combo" that will earn 10% more toward skill score from combo skills.
"skill legend" skill chain goes up to 6.
"skill shortcut" skills multiplier builds twice as quick.

I don't have a HE car :mad: think as UE owner should have been given a free one!

Look in the top row. They are all ones you can buy over and over again for some temp bonuses.

I swear, StunWar must have the most infuriatingly quick and consistent Drivatar I have ever seen. He has been in second in literally every race I have done, and a close second at that. Tried the Goliath race for the first time and he was on me the entire goddam race.

Also, I really need that Jag HE.

anddo0

10 laps (2 hours, exactly). So tiring. Went from Level 50 to 91 lol.

The AI (3 cars only though) was pretty much following me all the time. Pretty competitive and sometimes feels unjustly so. I see others having an easy time but it was the opposite for me. Hmm.

Which activity is this?

I've had it disappear on me a few times until I rebooted. (XBO version)

I'll keep an eye out, thought it was weird my progress was no longer showing on screen. I have yet to see any achievements pop either.

Which activity is this?

I'll keep an eye out, thought it was weird my progress was no longer showing on screen. I have yet to see any achievements pop either.

It's a blueprint of the Byron Bay Goliath Race (depending what car you're driving, it's probably 8 1/2 minutes to 12 minutes a lap) opened up after upgrading that site to level 5. If you've got a car with the XP boost, you should end a 3 lap race (30-ish minutes) with like 14 spins.

xoZ5vis.jpg

5R8wEz2.jpg

These are so beatiful it brings me to tears

LoveCake

Look in the top row. They are all ones you can buy over and over again for some temp bonuses.

I swear, StunWar must have the most infuriatingly quick and consistent Drivatar I have ever seen. He has been in second in literally every race I have done, and a close second at that. Tried the Goliath race for the first time and he was on me the entire goddam race.

Also, I really need that Jag HE.

These two:
"the xp bump" earn triple skills xp from the next three campaign races.
"double down" double credits in next exhibition event.
They are 10pts each, that's going to take me a age to get 20pts to spend :/

10 laps (2 hours, exactly). So tiring. Went from Level 50 to 91 lol.

The AI (3 cars only though) was pretty much following me all the time. Pretty competitive and sometimes feels unjustly so. I see others having an easy time but it was the opposite for me. Hmm.

Did one lap of it for the first time yesterday. Great course but man you better have a car with some top end. The AI kept flying past me.....

Feels like there is some rubber banding in this game, more so than 2 at least.

Did one lap of it for the first time yesterday. Great course but man you better have a car with some top end. The AI kept flying past me.....

Feels like there is some rubber banding in this game, more so than 2 at least

I have always felt like Forza was one of those races that didn't use rubberbanding but I have to agree with you. Some races it feels INCREDIBLY apparent.

eek5

Feels like there is some rubber banding in this game, more so than 2 at least.

The AI seems to be able to take turns so much faster than me. I understeer like crazy and they just blow through it like 20mph faster than I can. Could be skill or tune but IDK. I'll rewind and try to take a corner over and over and come out as fast but it usually doesn't matter. I try to do slow in fast out but they just do fast in faster out and it annoys the shit out of me lol.

For Goliath though the easiest path seems to be to tune your car for really good top end speed then you can gain large leads on straight aways. Once you reach the beach if you're anywhere close you'll usually win. The AI is like 4-5 seconds slower than me on the beach consistently for some reason. I think their line takes them through the water maybe whereas you can just avoid it completely.

Aren't these the same car ?
Or maybe you wanted a LHD 350Z ?

Oh yeah you are right the Fairlady Z 2003 must be the 350z due to the year alone... I always get the Fairlady versions mixed up with the regular versions in games because they look quite similar :p But yeah the normal 350z would have been a nice addition since it's a car I plan to buy eventually. Oh well I'm still happy with the Nissan lineup in the game! :)

Fordy

Not an easy question to answer (as we don't know the cars that will be in the car pack), but is the Ultimate edition worth buying, now that the early release has been and gone?

It looks like all that it can be bought separately if I needed to?

The AI seems to be able to take turns so much faster than me. I understeer like crazy and they just blow through it like 20mph faster than I can. Could be skill or tune but IDK. I'll rewind and try to take a corner over and over and come out as fast but it usually doesn't matter. I try to do slow in fast out but they just do fast in faster out and it annoys the shit out of me lol..

Seriously this. Either I have suddenly become shit at racing games or the AI is doing something to keep it planted in an unnatural way.

Echoes

If they are really close to you it seems like they don't do stupid stuff like flipping over on the beach or whatever. I had one race where I couldn't pull away and they were on me the entire time. If you start to pull ahead they get completely lost though. That's what I think happens anyway.

this is what i got in a 10 lap race

Uve6SMt.png

Nice! How did you get so much? I'm guessing from the skills? Currently knocking around some crops in the field to get the needed skills, haha.

This has been answered before, but what's the maximum skill points that are acquired in one combo? I wanna know when to stop.

Xbox App says I played the game for 39 hours... holy hell. How did that happen.'Game Progress' is only 25%. What a game.

psp12345

I was excited for this game and I have played for about ten hours and I feel like I've seen it all.

It's basically the same thing over and over.

One of the reasons I'm getting tired of it might be because I'm getting rewards for everything all the time, no matter how bad I drive.
Or maybe Ive played too many racing games.

Noobcraft

I was excited for this game and I have played for about ten hours and I feel like I've seen it all.

It's basically the same thing over and over.

One of the reasons I'm getting tired of it might be because I'm getting rewards for everything all the time, no matter how bad I drive.
Or maybe Ive played too many racing games.
Do the Bucket Lists. The hardcore game is hidden in them (especially some of the community ones).

danowat

Banned
Not an easy question to answer (as we don't know the cars that will be in the car pack), but is the Ultimate edition worth buying, now that the early release has been and gone?

It looks like all that it can be bought separately if I needed to?
Will you get £40 worth of extra fun out of it?

Seriously this. Either I have suddenly become shit at racing games or the AI is doing something to keep it planted in an unnatural way.

I'm sure there is some bonkers rubber banding going on, either that or the AI difficulty is broken.

I know the game is an off/on road hybrid but i'd like some actual RWD builds for my M4 and 458. Jog on with the millions of AWD builds 😬

TheKeyPit

Banned
Is it me or is it even more prevalent in the showcases? It seems nigh on impossible to lose them...

Showcase Events are different. They're meant to be a close race.

Edit: I gotta say that I didn't experience rubberbanding so far. I don't think that it's rubberbanding. The AI drives perfectly through corners and gains an advantage. When a Drivatar drives past you with ease, you got the wrong car/tuning. I had this a couple of times in my first races when my car wasn't optimized.

Showcases have always had some kind of scripted AI in previous games, to be fair, it would be hard for them not to have.

I suppose so. If they were too hard it may rub people up the wrong way. If only they had the same thinking with some of the harder bucket lists, lol. I haven't encountered any horrors in FH3 yet but FH2 had some doozies (Mini Rally car through forest? Dayum...).

EPA1

Neo Member
The final showcase event is so anticlimactic, the car they give you is so slow and not fun to drive.
The boat one was the most fun imo.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Ok, driving around in the Warthog listening to The Trials put the stupidest grin on my face. This fuckin' game!

Xater

The final showcase event is so anticlimactic, the car they give you is so slow and not fun to drive.
The boat one was the most fun imo.

I think the one with the jet was the best. I got like 90s arcade racer flashbacks from it. The last one is the worst in the game.

louiedog

Got a decent deal on that HE Jaguar in the auction house. Below average price and about 1/3 what I watched two guys drive one up to in a bidding war earlier while waiting to get my credits back.

I don't think I have the stamina for a 10 lap Goliath though. 3 was plenty.

terrible

Banned
Nice! How did you get so much? I'm guessing from the skills? Currently knocking around some crops in the field to get the needed skills, haha.

This has been answered before, but what's the maximum skill points that are acquired in one combo? I wanna know when to stop.

Xbox App says I played the game for 39 hours... holy hell. How did that happen.'Game Progress' is only 25%. What a game.
I got that much XP because of skills and perks that boost skills basically. One of the top ones gives you triple skill points for three races I think it is. It costs 10 points.

J3ffro

Can anyone give me some tips on drift zones? I'm absolute garbage at them.

Like someone else said, traction control/stability off, but also tuning can make a huge difference.

I won an auction for the HE Ford Focus RS (gets bonus drift points) and was still having problems hitting 3* on a few challenges. Realized traction control was still on (I need it for hypercars, it is what it is) and night and day difference.

Caayn

I don't think that these two are supposed to be on this side of the fence.

In the second picture you can see windscreen reflection being pasted on top of the lady and even goes beyond the edges of the actual windscreen.

Bessy67

Do you get the discount on the expansion pass if you buy the standard edition and VIP, or do you have to buy the ultimate edition to get the discount? I know all you needed was VIP and you got Storm Island for a discount in Horizon 2...

Top Bottom