• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Ennosuke

Finally picked my game up. I mostly skipped the trailers and I didn't play the demo. So the first hour was just "Wow" for me. The music, the presentation, the graphics it is just unbelievable good.

The setting is fun, but I have to say FH1 still had thr best evironment. But this is of course a mattet of taste. Something in Asia for FH4 would be amazing.

Why the hell cant i change cars in Online Adventure? Do you really get stuck with the same car that you loaded in with? Or am i missing something completely? Also, is there a "party leader" to the Online Adventure instances?

deadfolk

What level are you? They show up in my spins all the time. I've only won 3 though.

20 (ish)

PC or Xbox? I'm on xb1 full t3pa tx and th8a set up.

PC w/ T300RS

I've got the clutch pedal working with my Logitech wheel & pedals. If you're having a problem, I'm guessing it's because the game incorrectly labels the clutch and ebrake on the button diagram. (Horizon 2 did this as well.)

Set the shifting difficulty to manual + clutch, and then just leave the button mapping as-is. If it says your clutch pedal is the e-brake, you're good to go. If it says your clutch pedal is the clutch pedal, you want to click the option to switch clutch and e-brake.

Nah, that's not the issue for me. Where do you see the button diagram?

I've just tried again, turning telemetry on so I can see what's happening.

If I hit the clutch pedal, it seems to go from 0 -> 100 -> 0 through a full press, i.e. halfway pressed is 100, full press is back to 0. But then as soon as I drive it seems to kick in automatically - when I change gear, it pops briefly to 100 and back. Once this has started happening, the pedal no longer responds at all.

Noobcraft

I'd like to see New Zealand but it'd require a lot of brand new assets. I think we're more likely to see somewhere that's in Australia still.
I'd legitimately be happy with like 10 miles of salt flats lol. If anything just to have a really big drag strip/area to mess around without rolling all the time.

pk5k1A7.gif

Whomever thought up drone mode deserves a raise.

Iceman829

Why the hell cant i change cars in Online Adventure? Do you really get stuck with the same car that you loaded in with? Or am i missing something completely? Also, is there a "party leader" to the Online Adventure instances?

When you join an online adventure in progress if the car you were using is the same class as the car class of the game it won't prompt you to change. If they are using a different class it will give you a selection. I noticed this last night when me and Zorbs jump into an online game and he was stuck with something and I has my selection screen pop up

There is no party leader. The group votes on the next activity. There is a group leader if you are in a horizon group with others, but the lobby online is run by the players

anddo0

Does the game stop tracking your XP "on screen" at a certain level?
I haven't seen the gold circle ever since I hit 45.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
20 (ish)
If I hit the clutch pedal, it seems to go from 0 -> 100 -> 0 through a full press, i.e. halfway pressed is 100, full press is back to 0. But then as soon as I drive it seems to kick in automatically - when I change gear, it pops briefly to 100 and back. Once this has started happening, the pedal no longer responds at all.

Maybe try calibrating the pedals in the Thrustmaster Control Panel again? I noticed when I set mine up last night that the first couple of times I depressed pedals it was being erratic, but then it leveled out and showed the full range of motion as 0-100.

Just open up the control panel and get to the screen where you see the options and press the pedals a few times and then hit ok and see if that helps.

xrnzaaas

Jesus, the "I Know These Roads" achievement was annoying as hell. It's like they've intentionally hidden some of them to fuck with you.

Strider

Just queued into online adventure with the Warthog... Wasn't allowed to pick something else and the events were all asphalt only races :/

They should really change that. Queue in... Notify you of what championship is ongoing then pick a car accordingly.

The seamless syncing is great for co-op and online free roam but just doesnt really fit for adventure.

Echoes

10 laps (2 hours, exactly). So tiring. Went from Level 50 to 91 lol.

The AI (3 cars only though) was pretty much following me all the time. Pretty competitive and sometimes feels unjustly so. I see others having an easy time but it was the opposite for me. Hmm.

terrible

Banned

The AI (3 cars only though) was pretty much following me all the time. Pretty competitive and sometimes feels unjustly so. I see others having an easy time but it was the opposite for me. Hmm.

If they are really close to you it seems like they don't do stupid stuff like flipping over on the beach or whatever. I had one race where I couldn't pull away and they were on me the entire time. If you start to pull ahead they get completely lost though. That's what I think happens anyway.

this is what i got in a 10 lap race

Uve6SMt.png

dedhead54

Even when I have turned the drivatar difficulty down to normal I've had at least a car or two that kept up and was competing. I feel like it wouldn't happy on another race on normal.

g859

I might end up doing that, my luck with the goddamn wheel is awful. It's like I'm destined to get the worst option every time.

I ended up doing that to score a F-Type P7 HE. Got it for ~720,000 and was definitely worth it for the XP boost. I am the master of 2,000CR spins.

Diamondium

Neo Member
I might end up doing that, my luck with the goddamn wheel is awful. It's like I'm destined to get the worst option every time.

Check out the auction house later at night if you're able to. I checked it at midnight (Mountain Time) last night and managed to get the Jaguar Horizon Edition for 500k, where it was going for 1M all day.

deadfolk

Maybe try calibrating the pedals in the Thrustmaster Control Panel again? I noticed when I set mine up last night that the first couple of times I depressed pedals it was being erratic, but then it leveled out and showed the full range of motion as 0-100.

Just open up the control panel and get to the screen where you see the options and press the pedals a few times and then hit ok and see if that helps.

Made no difference. What I have figured out is that it does nothing when there is any gas applied. With no gas, I get the 0 -> 100 -> 0 thing going on. It's fine in other games (Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, ** Truck Simulator).

Korezo

Having the same problem I had when Killer Instinct came out on pc, can't connect to anyone online. I fixed it last time and it's the same issue again since I updated to the new windows update, the Teredo address on Xbox app can't be found. This time nothing to enable it works...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
How do I get my warthog on PC? I redeemed the code on the xbox website but it's not appeared in my game and I can't find where DLC is on the windows store :S

It's been messed up. They've been sending them as gifts in the in-game messaging thing to people who redeemed them but have never had them in their garage. Finally got mine yesterday. Seems they're doing it manually/in waves.

Daffy Duck

Is this the Goliath race? If so where is it and when/how does it become available?

Dominator

Just got all skill points so I'm gonna do Goliath again tonight, with that one perk that gains you bonus XP for 3 races. Gonna take a bath in that XP.

Top Bottom