• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

dLMN8R

IMPORTANT!

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/781614589628805120

grrndqU.png

Major fixes out to the Windows Store to address download issues related to updates and preloads.

Get the latest update from available now in Windows Update. You'll know if you have the update by seeing 14393.222 if you do start-->winver

RawNuts

I swear, StunWar must have the most infuriatingly quick and consistent Drivatar I have ever seen. He has been in second in literally every race I have done, and a close second at that. Tried the Goliath race for the first time and he was on me the entire goddam race.
Sounds about right. That StunWar guy is pretty skilled from what I hear.

Caayn said:
Dat ass tho.

Spasm

IMPORTANT!

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/781614589628805120

grrndqU.png

Major fixes out to the Windows Store to address download issues related to updates and preloads.

Get the latest update from available now in Windows Update. You'll know if you have the update by seeing 14393.222 if you do start-->winver

Worth mentioning that this is a cumulative update to Windows. A restart will be required.

And I don't want to cause a panic or anything... But after taking this update, I'm now getting upper-60s low-70s for my framerate. Was 52-58fps before. Haven't changed any settings.

Gonna try Surfer's paradise, just to be sure.

Edit: Lol, nevermind. A couple of minutes in and the stuttering started. Once that happened I was right back to low-50s.

Reni

Neo Member
Do you get the discount on the expansion pass if you buy the standard edition and VIP, or do you have to buy the ultimate edition to get the discount? I know all you needed was VIP and you got Storm Island for a discount in Horizon 2...
Ultimate edition.

Cyanity

Banned
Is anyone else getting infinite loading screens when restarting races? I've noticed that they go away if I alt tab out of the game for some reason, but it's still annoying.

edit - it seems alt tabbing every time a restart race loading screen pops up instantly loads the pre race screen now. Probably an SSD loading too fast issue?

MouldyK

Highlighting on map will show how many fans are left from that race which is one way to see if it's worth doing again (lots of fans left would be a way to tell you didn't place highly I assume).

But I constantly win my Exhibitions and one of mine (where I won the Championship aswell) still says 41,000+ Fans there...

...I thought the game is telling you how many fans you earn from doing that race again, not how many are remaining?

eek5

But I constantly win my Exhibitions and one of mine still says 41,000+ Fans there...

...I thought the game is telling you how many fans you earn from doing that race again, not how many are remaining?

It has to be how many you can get total or something. If you keep repeating goliath circuit you get a shitload of fans every race. (unless that is a bug)

MouldyK

It has to be how many you can get total or something. If you keep repeating goliath circuit you get a shitload of fans every race. (unless that is a bug)

Yeah, I just did 1 lap around a small race...37,800 Fans and 7,000 extra because of Experience...the game still says 43,000+ Fans.

So yeah, it don't matter how you do. I think that is only telling you the basic output of fans you get if you win.

Which is awesome really as it just lets you have fun, win or lose.

How a festival with individual races should be.

...still wining all Championships though.

choco-fish

Is anyone else getting infinite loading screens when restarting races? I've noticed that they go away if I alt tab out of the game for some reason, but it's still annoying.

edit - it seems alt tabbing every time a restart race loading screen pops up instantly loads the pre race screen now. Probably an SSD loading too fast issue?

I've had races that take forever to load the Drivatars it'll sit at 1/11 for several minutes before loading the rest in. Not had any dramas with restarting races though, they always seem pretty quick.

rrs

same issue on a disk drive here

Cyanity

Banned
FYI - if you're looking for super crisp screenshots then don't use photo mode; use drone mode and the xbox overlay screenshot tool.

OrangeOak

God damn this game is good, pretty and it sounds amazing. I can't belive they made it in only two years.
I love the lighting and imroved materials, it looks like every cockpit was touched up. Also sound is so good. Engine sound is agressive and there is nice road noise and other details.
I also like how at night dashboards are illuminating surrounding. I always wanted something like that in PGR and other racing games. Maybe it is only trick and not dynamic lighting but it looks really good.
I love this game already and played only like 2h.

The exhaust pops are a per car thing, right? Not a general feature of the sound engine that is tapped into under certain engine/car-tune/rev conditions, right?
I think they breath some new life into Forza's sound that had gotten more generic again after FM5.
Are there any upgrade options that amplify the exhaust-pops?

DirtyLarry

Mine too. Up on the dpad also randomly stops working for photo mode. Also that pesky free roam stutter that drives me crazy.
Yeah Wonky shit is happening for sure. I just checked my garage and it looks like I know have 2 Warthogs. Did they just give them out again because no one was getting them or something or can I put one on auction?

Just picked this up, my first proper Forza Horizon. GODDAMIT this game is incredible so far, granted only like an hour in, but holy shit what fun I'm having. I think the last big racer I got into was GT2, I think I'm going to spend a lot of time with this though

louiedog

Still no Horizon Edition wins, but I just got a 1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta and a Lancia 037 Stradale rally monster in back to back spins.

FYI - if you're looking for super crisp screenshots then don't use photo mode; use drone mode and the xbox overlay screenshot tool.

On the other hand, running at 4K downsampling to 1080p looks perfectly fine, and that way you can have the nicer stuff like zoom and rendered effects. It's what I use for most of my shots and they come out perfectly sharp. I can't even imagine how they'll look when the bug is fixed.

dsk1210

Is the sound in the replays wrong for everybody or just me?

It's like I just have the pedal to the floor all time in the replays, the sound does not match whats going on in the replay. PC version.

Cyanity

Banned
On the other hand, running at 4K downsampling to 1080p looks perfectly fine, and that way you can have the nicer stuff like zoom and rendered effects. It's what I use for most of my shots and they come out perfectly sharp. I can't even imagine how they'll look when the bug is fixed.

I really should try this. What are your AA and MSAA settings when downsampling?

Top Bottom