• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Noobcraft

Finally got my Subaru BRZ Horizon Edition. That makes HE number 5 for me from wheelspins (Viper, Jaguar F-Type, BMW M4?, Nissan GTR, and now Subaru BRZ.)
screenshot-originalwzsdn.png

Rocketz

Yeah no HE for me yet. lvl 35.

I'm just going to run a 5 lap Goliath in the morning with a Aventador and just collect a bunch of spins and hope for the best.

I'll run a longer one in the future when I have one and better perks.

AcridMeat

Banned
Is there any way to see about inviting club members for adventure/co-op/etc in game? Or do we just have to add each other from the spreadsheet?

Basically, I always have a group open for friends, but there's no way to search for club groups right?

I've had weird experiences with the AI in this game. Let's be honest it's not the brightest AI, they barely acknowledge your existence. However I did 3 laps of the Goliath race with a stock Evo IX. I would expect all the AI cars would also be stock to match my PI. However when I pulled away one or two would catch up with me. When I let it past I could easily catch up with it. By the beginning of the third lap I had lapped all the cars up to eighth. But no matter what I did I could not get past him. In fact he was a little bit faster than me. So why was he in eighth?
Oh well, doesn't distract from the fun of the game just find it weird.

Chorazin

I have the worst luck with spins! I'm 36 and only won one car so far, a standard edition something or other. I'm always getting super low CR spins too.

Noobcraft

Haha how slow is the acceleration on the BMW Isetta 300?
You can drop a motorcycle engine in it and turbocharge it to make it a legitimately good drag racing car. It can hit like 160MPH in D class. Since lower class cars get a headstart in drag races, I've never lost a drag race in mine.

AcridMeat

Banned
Found a point that breaks the game. A certain barn find in the outback (forgot which number), but every time I go to it, the animation after finding it never exits.

The character models just continue idling.

Edit: Oooh this time (second time trying it) the game went into the pause menu when I minimized to make the post, thank goodness.

yeah certain barn finds break the game for some reason. also are head to heads busted for anyone else? they have me at 2/2 even though I'm way ahead of the drivatar..

Cyanity

Banned
4xMSAA, no FXAA. I've used 8xMSAA for some shots but I don't use it right now because it causes crashing on interior view for some reason.

Wow. Thanks for the downscaling suggestion. Currently downscaling 4k to my 1440p monitor with everything maxed, 16x AA 8x MSAA, and FXAA and the game is still running around 50fps outside the city. With gsync on it feels smooth af. This is great!

leng jai

You can drop a motorcycle engine in it and turbocharge it to make it a legitimately good drag racing car. It can hit like 160MPH in D class. Since lower class cars get a headstart in drag races, I've never lost a drag race in mine.

Think I'll do that.

Drifting events are trash in this. So terrible.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having so much fun with this game!

Finally saw what others have mentioned about the random AI difficulty though. All night it was mix of getting ass kicked and finish back of pack to blow away the competition and win easily races. Not that it really matters in exhibitions anyway, just odd.

Got a couple of Horizon Edition cars from the wheel finally as well.

killroy87

Is Groove music radio something I need to unlock? Theyre not clear abut it, since it isnt ever one of the radio stations i can unlock as i play.

To be clear, i dont have Groove, but i do have a lot of music in my OneDrive I'd like to listen to.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Is Groove music radio something I need to unlock? Theyre not clear abut it, since it isnt ever one of the radio stations i can unlock as i play.

To be clear, i dont have Groove, but i do have a lot of music in my OneDrive I'd like to listen to.

You unlock it after you select the third set of station for the festival.

I'm having so much fun with this game!

Finally saw what others have mentioned about the random AI difficulty though. All night it was mix of getting ass kicked and finish back of pack to blow away the competition and win easily races. Not that it really matters in exhibitions anyway, just odd.

Got a couple of Horizon Edition cars from the wheel finally as well.

It seems like they are having the same issue with the drivatars that they did in Forza 6. The exact same things would happen.

Bsigg12

Finally got all the roads. Working on the XP signs and Fast Travel boards. Also gonna convoy for another 50 miles for the convoy for 100 miles achievement.

eek5

Damn :( Was running great... working on drift zones with my new drift tune. Classic skill song comes on 23 mins!

aaaaaand game crashes with 19 min left rip ;_;

Can anyone give me some tips on drift zones? I'm absolute garbage at them.

I hate drifting events in every single racing game ever, but this games is the worst.

Try this out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54ulbc/for_anyone_in_need_of_drift_tunes/

I did the default tune and was able to knock out a couple 3 stars pretty easily. Just lift off the gas, hit ebrake, turn in, then start feathering the gas while steering to keep the drift alive.

I suggest tuning a skills or drift bonus car so that you can rack up a bunch of skill points while you grind out the zones.

So, I am waiting on my PC parts to arrive to finally run this game
semi-
decently. What I wanted to know, I saw that the game is cross-play. Does that mean I can play on my PC with XBOX players? Or just access their drivatars?

AcridMeat

Banned
So, I am waiting on my PC parts to arrive to finally run this game
semi-
decently. What I wanted to know, I saw that the game is cross-play. does that mean I can play on my PC with XBOX players? Or just access their drivatars?
Yes you can. It works pretty well too.

I was playing with CrudeDiatribe last night, and we were in a voice party through the xbox app as well.

Would like to organize a bigger party.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I absolutely love that Epitaph Records is a channel and I was ecstatic that when I was driving, one of my favorite bands (Bouncing Souls) started playing. The Bad Religion. Then Pennywise. Then Offspring. Then Rancid.

Good god.

Tearing around in the outback in a buggy with "Fall Back Down" in my ear drums just makes me giddy and I'm not even playing right now.

Not a good station for when a skill song appears though. Punk tends to get in and out in a little over 3 minutes or less.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
7enzhe5l.jpg

Runs great on my new PC (12:9 ultra wide, 3440x1440, max settings, 60fps). Haven't been gaming on a PC in nearly 10 years. Feels great.

o_O

I want to know what your running and what the build cost you. The PC thread has some impressive builds and they're nowhere close to what you're claiming.

Arc07

o_O

I want to know what your running and what the build cost you. The PC thread has some impressive builds and they're nowhere close to what you're claiming.
I'm getting 90~100 fps in open fields with drops to mid 50s in Surfer's Paradise at 3440x1440 using an i7 6700K @4.6 and a GTX 1080 @2100 MHz.

Top Bottom