• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Ohh that might have been it. It's the taillights that caught my eye.

That's probably it, they're compared pretty well in this picture:
19fzd62dhl3objpg.jpg

They're the top two. The 650S is basically just a facelifted 12C with more power and the noticeable blacked out area on the rear. Very easy to confuse though, I actually thought the exact same thing as you when I first saw an AI in one.

Scottify

Did my first online race last night with a bunch of GAF members. I was the one who could hear but had no mic. Damn, that was so much fun. I was laughing my ass off while coming in last. Good times, can't wait to get back into more racing.

ultrazilla

So the server problems that were affecting Forza last night looked like the reason I wasn't
able to properly install the digital Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. They fixed the Live issues and Forza installed for me. I am now the proud owner of the Ultimate Edition!

Feels good to finally get back on my Xbox One and play. The game is jaw dropping goodness. Everything just looks and feels "right" and beautiful.

I know it just came out but any word on expansions? I really loved "Storm Island" and hope we get something similar in 3.

sangreal

Since the new xbox store didn't download the game automatically, as usual, I went to go download it tonight and it only downloaded 50mb. When launched this is all I get:

wtforza.png

On xbox, not PC

Searched around but all I could find was a youtube video w/ the same problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWwPdOLc08I

There is a service outage listed for the game on xbox.com, but I don't know if that is related since I am just trying to download the game?

still can't play this game :(

have reinstalled a dozen times

Why no thunderstorms? The rain effects pretty good but oh how I would love to see some lightning and hear thunder rolling over the outback. Thunderstorms like in GTAV would be epic. Maybe they could patch them in or be part of an expansion?

0racle

I am confused about progression in this game.

It seems regardless of what place I get in during exhibition races it shows it as gold, complete and greyed out on the map. I have yet to loose a championship so I dont know if its the same either.

since the main goal is to get fans, is podium finish irrelevant? meaning it will be completed and checked off as 100% done, but obviously I would get less fans depending on placement?

im used to racing games where you had to re do races/championships if your not in the top 3 or first etc?

danowat

Banned

It seems regardless of what place I get in during exhibition races it shows it as gold, complete and greyed out on the map. I have yet to loose a championship so I dont know if its the same either.

since the main goal is to get fans, is podium finish irrelevant? meaning it will be completed and checked off as 100% done, but obviously I would get less fans depending on placement?

im used to racing games where you had to re do races/championships if your not in the top 3 or first etc?

It's a breath of fresh air isn't it :)

nullcorp

Neo Member
I'm so frustrated with the Goliath race. What am I doing wrong ? Wether I set its difficulty to highly skilled or beginner it does not seem to matter AI is always on my heels despite close to flawless racing. I use the Jag tuned FH edition. I changed it to beginner thinking I can take it easy but it's very stressful on my fingers controlling the Jag on corners is not easy but even when I control it flawlessly for 1 round maintaining speed in corners at least 1 or sometimes 2-3 AI's are close on my heel. Did I do something wrong with the blueprint ? Is it possible to race with a FH edition XP car on Goliath vs slower cars ? I mean the Jag reaches 400km/h so speed isn't an issue I'm not stating i'm good I'm really not mediocre at best but I shouldn't be having such trouble on even beginner. I hope someone can shed some light on what it is I'm doing wrong. Right now I'm thinking maybe I made a blueprint error and am competing against fast cars ? Dunno.

Follow the instructions in this video, see how it goes. Your car should be S2 973 and have AWD.

2 other things I wanted to get off my chest, bad one first:
The placement of the checkpoint "posts" is absolute garbage. When I look at the road and road-side(walls, grass, etc.) my brain makes an ideal approach for that corner, that clips the apex. The intangible checkpoint posts oftentimes are not in line with the ideal pproach based on the scenery and need a whole different approach because... sometimes they put the inner apex "post" so far away from the actual apex, that it will have you miss the checkpoint, going for the actual apex, other times the 2 posts are angled in a way that it throws off the imaginary ideal line. Lastly... They still haven't fixed that the ai drivers don't get punished for missing a checkpoints (or the case that I've seen yesterday was just very forgiving, not 100% sure on that one yet).

This doesn't really bother me. Checkpoints set the line, which I find OK because the path isn't always a fixed thing anyway.

I'd be more inclined to agree with you if the Drivatars aren't limited the same way, but I actually haven't seen that this time around.

0racle

It's a breath of fresh air isn't it :)

thats really how it works? seems very laid back now as I push to get first, there are no achievements tied to placement or anything of the sort?

can you just grind a the same race over and over for fans? or once you get first and get rewarded that is the top reward you can get, any placement again less than 1st will give zero fans? Inversely if I got 3rd but re did and placed second I would then get more fans?

how do I know my standing for each race after its complete?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Yep. Winning only really matters/gets marked in championships, the street/midnight street races, bucket lists and showcase events.

I love it as it makes it easier to have fun and not stress over finishing low in a race because you didn't have a good car. It's still done and marked as such on the map and you still get some fans, exp and credits. You can still revisit them of course. Highlighting on map will show how many fans are left from that race which is one way to see if it's worth doing again (lots of fans left would be a way to tell you didn't place highly I assume). I don't think there's anyway to tell what your highest finishing place is though.

Dynamic3

Anyone else feel like the blueprinting and scaling mechanics have greatly dampened the progression aspect of the game?

Outside of the few Bucket List and Showcase events, you never really need to swap cars or even upgrade them. The grid and their performance is always matched to what you're in.

Anyone else feel like the blueprinting and scaling mechanics have greatly dampened the progression aspect of the game?

Outside of the few Bucket List and Showcase events, you never really need to swap cars or even upgrade them. The grid and their performance is always matched to what you're in.
Nah, I love that I can choose to roll up in a supercar or a beat up van and still have a competitive race. Actually keeps it mire interesting to me as, other than my XP boost car, I love just switching up constantly.

0racle

Yep. Winning only really matters/gets marked in championships, the street/midnight street races, bucket lists and showcase events.

I love it as it makes it easier to have fun and not stress over finishing low in a race because you didn't have a good car. It's still done and marked as such on the map and you still get some fans, exp and credits. You can still revisit them of course. Highlighting on map will show how many fans are left from that race which is one way to see if it's worth doing again (lots of fans left would be a way to tell you didn't place highly I assume). I don't think there's anyway to tell what your highest finishing place is though.

AWESOME !

thanks, that clears up a lot.

Now, I find im always driving the double XP jag around and I can use it in most races, does the game tailor each race/championship to your current car? does it lock it on the map to that car? meaning from here on in most of my races are for track cars? or if I get into something like an old school mustang those previous track car races will now be for classic muscle ?

I like that. I hate games that give you a ton of options, but only actually make a small percentage of those options viable.

ElNino

Now, I find im always driving the double XP jag around and I can use it in most races, does the game tailor each race/championship to your current car? does it lock it on the map to that car? meaning from here on in most of my races are for track cars? or if I get into something like an old school mustang those previous track car races will now be for classic muscle ?
Yes, I believe the cars in your instance of the game and most races will be tailored to the car you are currently driving, the Horizon Presents races at least. Blueprint races setup by others might have different restrictions on them, and obviously the Bucket List and Showcase races give you specific vehicle to use.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
AWESOME !

thanks, that clears up a lot.

No, it will make you switch the the right class of vehicles (pick one from your gargage) for races you drive to in an ineligible car. You're just happening to hit ones that the Jag works in.

BearPawB

Banned

that is the best part of the game to me.

I can drive whatever car I want to drive for any event.

"what do i feel like driving...oh this would be fun"

danowat

Banned

Nope, the sandbox feel works much better.

Dynamic3

Side note: do you need to progress to a certain point to gain access to cars? As an example, I can't find the E36 M3 anywhere (store or auction), yet I see it in races constantly.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fuck fuck fuck the game crashed on me just as I started the 3rd of 4 laps on Goliath... there was some random geometry on the screen then froze and sound went nuts then crashed to dashboard.
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

ElNino

No, it will make you switch the the right class of vehicles (pick one from your gargage) for races you drive to in an ineligible car. You're just happening to hit ones that the Jag works in.
Sure, but I feel that has rarely (if ever) happened for me with any of the Horizon Presents races as those are the ones created by the game. User created races will certainly have events that your current vehicle might not be eligible for.

0racle

Sure, but I feel that has rarely (if ever) happened for me with any of the Horizon Presents races as those are the ones created by the game. User created races will certainly have events that your current vehicle might not be eligible for.

This is what I am encountering too, most of the pre set races I can use the jag for.

I'm off-road in the outback with it....

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

It happens for me. Take a street car to an off road event for instance. It often requires driving to another festival area though.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Ohh and driver level, do they mean anything? Or just bragging rights? I see zero restrictions tied to that level.

Just XP based so no. Other than higher levels will have more/better/fully upgraded cars, but it means nothing skill wise especially with most high levels having probably just leveled up grinding the Goliath race.

Let me know if you get the clutch working. Doesn't work in this game for me.

Didn't seem to work for me either. I was just fooling around as I don't want to use clutch with paddle shifters anyway (and I don't drive stick in real life).

ElNino

It happens for me. Take a street car to an off road event for instance. It often requires driving to another festival area though.
That's possible, and I probably wouldn't have noticed since I usually change my car often on my own anyways. I've just found that I rarely ever have to change my car to enter a race.

wonderpug

Neo Member
I've got the clutch pedal working with my Logitech wheel & pedals. If you're having a problem, I'm guessing it's because the game incorrectly labels the clutch and ebrake on the button diagram. (Horizon 2 did this as well.)

Set the shifting difficulty to manual + clutch, and then just leave the button mapping as-is. If it says your clutch pedal is the e-brake, you're good to go. If it says your clutch pedal is the clutch pedal, you want to click the option to switch clutch and e-brake.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
That's possible, and I probably wouldn't have noticed since I usually change my car often on my own anyways. I've just found that I rarely ever have to change my car to enter a race.

Yeah I'm probably seeing it more as I tend to just drive around randomly going after barn finds, driver recruits etc. in different areas in my Impreza so I'm pretty often having to pick a car for races in random areas unless I happen upon one that works with rally cars.

Top Bottom