• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Man that final showcase was really underwhelming. The boat one was easily my favourite of the game. It's also kind of an abrupt ending imo. They should have made Goliath the final big race instead of just having it on the map as a standard thing.

Seeing credits roll while still feeling like i've barely scratched the surface of this game (even though i've already put 25+ hours in) just feels really odd. The whole progression in this game feels weirdly paced.

-Stranger-

This game is GOTY
I live in Australia and it's great to see how well it's been translated into the game.

Maxed out Surfers and i just started Outback.
I only ever got Byron Bay to level 2 before moving on early in the game...
Does that one go to level 5 as well?

j-wood

Does anyone have issues with this game being installed on an external drive? I just got to surfers paradise and every time I try to build the festival and choose my free car, the game just seems to crash. I was sitting on "saving" for a good 15 minutes before I just booted the system. It's happened 3 times.

I'm going to try moving the game to the internal drive to see if that fixes it. ugh.

Grazzt

This game is GOTY
I live in Australia and it's great to see how well it's been translated into the game.

Maxed out Surfers and i just started Outback.
I only ever got Byron Bay to level 2 before moving on early in the game...
Does that one go to level 5 as well?

Byron bay @level 5 gives you Goliath event.

Does anyone have issues with this game being installed on an external drive? I just got to surfers paradise and every time I try to build the festival and choose my free car, the game just seems to crash. I was sitting on "saving" for a good 15 minutes before I just booted the system. It's happened 3 times.

I'm going to try moving the game to the internal drive to see if that fixes it. ugh.
All my games are on external drive. Played for more than 10 hours, only 1 crash.

Makikou

Damn :( Was running great... working on drift zones with my new drift tune. Classic skill song comes on 23 mins!

aaaaaand game crashes with 19 min left rip ;_;

Try this out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54ulbc/for_anyone_in_need_of_drift_tunes/

I did the default tune and was able to knock out a couple 3 stars pretty easily. Just lift off the gas, hit ebrake, turn in, then start feathering the gas while steering to keep the drift alive.

I suggest tuning a skills or drift bonus car so that you can rack up a bunch of skill points while you grind out the zones.

Literally thought this would be about music.

Good to see the top rated comments thought the same.

*Running in the nineties, is a new way I like to be
I'm just running in the nineties
come on baby run to me
We are running in the nineties, is a new way to set me free
I'm just running in the nineties
yes I wanna know, yes I wanna see

danowat

Banned
So, the rubber banding on the AI....

I did some tests this morning, and although subtle, it's there, did a race on pro, flat out, my best lap was 58s, the AI times ranged from 58s to 60s, did the same race, same car, same blueprint and took it easy, my best lap was 63s, AI ranged from 61s to 63s.

There is also something funny going on with the difficulty, but I need to test more, it's almost like there is a layer of dynamic difficulty on top of the preselected settings.

0iJzBHZ.gif

rrs

Snagged a Jaguar HE edition in an auction for cheap, the previous owner left the tacky tires on, left it 2WD, stanced it, and set the gearbox so low it could do wheelspin in 4th gear. I gave the poor thing the grip it needed to actually use all 1500 HP, and a snazzy paintjob

Timeless FM has resulted in so many unintentionally epic moments.
Yeah, it's a great station for forgetting the festival and being one with speed

j-wood

Ok, I'm getting beyond pissed. I've tried to play for two hours on my Xbox. I'm in the surfers paradise festival that I just built. Go to my cars in the garage and...nothing. Game just keeps moving the camera around the car I'm currently in.

I've moved the game to internal, but I can't fucking switch cars.

eek5

Lol this is the game that finally made me overclock my PC. I get stuttering over 30fps but now I can run 30fps with some of the settings on high and 8x MSAA. Feels good.

I hope they can resolve the crash to desktop issues soon. Xbox version is pretty good but playing at 21:9 FOV in cockpit/hood cam is pretty awesome.

Grazzt

Ok, I'm getting beyond pissed. I've tried to play for two hours on my Xbox. I'm in the surfers paradise festival that I just built. Go to my cars in the garage and...nothing. Game just keeps moving the camera around the car I'm currently in.

I've moved the game to internal, but I can't fucking switch cars.
Try hard reset your console.

eek5

'Finally' at level 28 😁

I'm at level 50 and had to buy my HE car from the auction house. Haven't had any good spins really. Had to end up buying a Warthog too since mine never arrived, this game hates me!

How much do warthogs sell for?

Rocketz

57 minutes I'm done with my 1st Goliath

Went from lvl 35 to 48.

Will wait to run it again till I have everything I need.

Edit: after the spins I got jack. Playground pls

Azzawon

I swear I get so unlucky with prize spins. Still no Horizon Edition car, and 50-70% of the time I'll get a reward under 20,000 credits. Definitely not as lucky as I was in Forza 6 at least, I need to do some more racing and unlock the Goliath circuit and increase my level.

Rocketz

Picked up the HE Camaro for $402,000 in the auction house. $200,000 less than some of the other prices going.

I had 2 million to play with and lost a few cars but it was all good as I just drove up the price on them and bailed.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm getting 90~100 fps in open fields with drops to mid 50s in Surfer's Paradise at 3440x1440 using an i7 6700K @4.6 and a GTX 1080 @2100 MHz.

Ok, I need to upgrade. I have an i5-2500k with 8GB ram and I tried to supplement it with a 970, but it's clear that doesn't cut it anymore. Now I need to figure out if I need to replace my motherboard and my ram as well.

That 2500k was a good cpu. I'm going to miss it. :(

Makikou

I've been positively surprised about the track designs on Horizon 3.
Especially around Byron Bay, Yarra Valley and the Outback. Surfer's Paradise has felt a bit weaker but i'll chalk that up to city tracks generally being bad.

I was really disappointed about this aspect on Horizon 2 so i'm really satisfied w/ Horizon 3.

Exhibition/Championship blueprints still not populating for me on PC. Anyone else?

MJLord

I've been positively surprised about the track designs on Horizon 3.
Especially around Byron Bay, Yarra Valley and the Outback. Surfer's Paradise has felt a bit weaker but i'll chalk that up to city tracks generally being bad.

I was really disappointed about this aspect on Horizon 2 so i'm really satisfied w/ Horizon 3.

Exhibition/Championship blueprints still not populating for me on PC. Anyone else?

They've not been populating for me either. Hopefully it can be fixed along with enabling the goddamn audio sliders xD

I'm getting 90~100 fps in open fields with drops to mid 50s in Surfer's Paradise at 3440x1440 using an i7 6700K @4.6 and a GTX 1080 @2100 MHz.
Hard to believe, but then again, I'm getting far less issues than most in the pc thread too.
6700k @4.5 (can get to 4.8 and run nice and cool, but my darn ram is fiddly on the z170deluxe. Kept it at 4.5 for stability), 980ti and I get 60fps with occasional drops to 50s at surfers, no stuttering, set to ultra at 1080p.

Man trying to bid on Horizon Edition cars sucks. Bid fails because everyone's spamming, so it's just luck getting in in the first place, and since everyone's spamming you pretty much get instantly outbid if you do manage to be successful.

Guess I'll keep wasting all my credits on prize spins and hoping I eventually get the Horizon Editon GT-R. How frustrating.

willbsn13

Man trying to bid on Horizon Edition cars sucks. Bid fails because everyone's spamming, so it's just luck getting in in the first place, and since everyone's spamming you pretty much get instantly outbid if you do manage to be successful.

Guess I'll keep wasting all my credits on prize spins and hoping I eventually get the Horizon Editon GT-R. How frustrating.

Try bidding on ones that are start price like 700-800k. Those ones seem to sneak under the radar sometimes, and it's they way I've one 3 HE cars from the AH so far. The ones that aren't bid on (start price 200k) with about a minute to go all get spam bids on them and end up going for 1M+

GHG

It was only after I bought my first horizon edition car from the auction house that I ended up starting to win them on wheels spins.

I now have HE editions of the M3, M4, BRZ, Ford GT, Viper and the GTR.

I feel like I should donate one to someone who is struggling. I haven't even tried the M3 or the GTR yet, I'm having too much fun with the Murcielago SV.

Rocketz

My game just crashed while it was saving. If my save just got corrupted......

Edit: ok we're good. That was scary as it took a minute to load.

It was only after I bought my first horizon edition car from the auction house that I ended up starting to win them on wheels spins.

I now have HE editions of the M3, M4, BRZ, Ford GT, Viper and the GTR.

I feel like I should donate one to someone who is struggling. I haven't even tried the M3 or the GTR yet, I'm having too much fun with the Murcielago SV.

Send me an XP car, I got nothing!

Lies, I got the drift M3 on the first day. Didn't like it at first but now I've learned to tame it I love it. Does 200mph too!

Not seen another HE car since though. No luck in auctions either :(

xrnzaaas

Man I sure hope they'll fix drift zones in the next update. 80% of my attempts end in a fail because of a drivatar or a civilian car interfering. :/

danowat

Banned
Man I sure hope they'll fix drift zones in the next update. 80% of my attempts end in a fail because of a drivatar or a civilian car interfering. :/

They really do need to reduce the amount of festival traffic on those sections, infact, I might go as far to say that it could do with being reduced overall, or at least tone down their (lack of) driving manners!

Bang, there goes another 100'000 skill chain because xxSniperzxx was on the wrong side of the road doing 150mph.

Sordid

How did you receive yours? Through the in game inbox or did the DLC show up under ready to install? Im still waiting on mine.

I got a popup message when I loaded the game saying a new car had been delivered to my garage. I went to check and it was there right next to the Warthog I bought yesterday.

GHG

They really do need to reduce the amount of festival traffic on those sections, infact, I might go as far to say that it could do with being reduced overall, or at least tone down their (lack of) driving manners!

Bang, there goes another 100'000 skill chain because xxSniperzxx was on the wrong side of the road doing 150mph.

If anything it feels like they have increased the amount of traffic in drift and speed zones.

Top Bottom