• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

ColdHoboKiller

Neo Member
Am I the only one that thinks the engine sounds from the cars are super lacklustre?
They all sound so flat and rubbish. GTA 5 has better engine sounds.

Or am I just crazy?

GHG

Am I the only one that thinks the engine sounds from the cars are super lacklustre?

Or am I just crazy?

No you are crazy. This is the best Forza has ever sounded IMO. Wear a set of good quality headphones or fiddle with the default sound mix to make sure the engine sounds are not being drowned out.

leng jai

Or am I just crazy?

GTA5 had woeful sounding cars, lets not exaggerate.

No you are crazy. This is the best Forza has ever sounded IMO. Wear a set of good quality headphones or fiddle with the default sound mix to make sure the engine sounds are not being drowned out.

They're better than Horizon 2's but they still sound lacklustre. Then again I'm disappointed by the engine sounds in most racing games.

cilonen

I now have a stances out Rolls Royce Wraith with full body kit and "Hoonigan" stickers on set up to drift for days.

The thing goes sideways if you so much as look at it the wrong way.

GHG

I agree, it's an odd design choice.

Yep and because of this is means that setting a good score is down to luck rather than skill more often than not. I end up just repeating the zone until I happen to be lucky enough to get a clear run at it.

Ecto311

What is the process to get the warthog? I didn't do anything specific and got it in my game no problem. I keep reading about issues getting it and it was just there for me.

What is the process to get the warthog? I didn't do anything specific and got it in my game no problem. I keep reading about issues getting it and it was just there for me.

To have played Halo 5 or Halo MCC on your account. The issues were a while ago so chances are you didn't notice or yours happened to work in the first place.

Novocaine

Like someone else said, traction control/stability off, but also tuning can make a huge difference.

I won an auction for the HE Ford Focus RS (gets bonus drift points) and was still having problems hitting 3* on a few challenges. Realized traction control was still on (I need it for hypercars, it is what it is) and night and day difference.

I bought one of those myself this morning. Been trying it out and getting better results. Still haven't been able to crack 3 stars though, I've been getting 45k or so on 80k zones.

Still, making progress.

Try this out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54ulbc/for_anyone_in_need_of_drift_tunes/

I did the default tune and was able to knock out a couple 3 stars pretty easily. Just lift off the gas, hit ebrake, turn in, then start feathering the gas while steering to keep the drift alive.

I suggest tuning a skills or drift bonus car so that you can rack up a bunch of skill points while you grind out the zones.

Thanks I'll have a read. I haven't done any kind of tuning yet.

GHG

Why are people so stupid on the auction house. Why are you driving up the price of the car I bid on when there are several just below it going for a cheaper price? Why are you bidding more than the amount that other auctions for the same car can be bought out for?

Idiots.

Sordid

Why are people so stupid on the auction house. Why are you driving up the price of the car I bid on when there are several just below it going for a cheaper price? Why are you bidding more than the amount that other auctions for the same car can be bought out for?

Idiots.

People always seem to bid on the car at the top of the list regardless of the price of the cars underneath. Pretty frustrating.

op409sf.png

Thought I'd try the game on my laptop since it's crossbuy and it's super rough haha. 720p, everything on low/off and the framerate bounces between 20 and 30 no matter how busy the scene is 😂
i7 4700mq, 16gb ram and a GeForce 755m. I'd fare better if SLI worked 'cos my other 755m is sitting there doing nothing.

edit: After leaving the festival it rose to a pretty solid 30fps. Quite playable despite the graphics 😁

Outrun

Idiots.

I like when the winning bid on a regular car is more than the regular cost...

Oh, I just hit Tier 10 :)

terrible

Banned
'Finally' at level 28 😁

I'm at level 50 and had to buy my HE car from the auction house. Haven't had any good spins really. Had to end up buying a Warthog too since mine never arrived, this game hates me!
I'm level 200+ and I think I've only won three HE cars.

zorbsie

3 stared all the PR events. I don't want to do those drift events ever again. Now to hammer out the 40ish championships I have left. Can't stop playing this game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If I roll another 2,000 (really 4K with bonus) after leveling up I'm going to scream.

It's like getting a ZONK in Let's Make a Deal. Especially when it is like "So and So won this last wheel spin" and the prize was 100k credits,or a supercar.

3 stared all the PR events. I don't want to do those drift events ever again. Now to hammer out the 40ish championships I have left. Can't stop playing this game.

Are you level 500 yet?

danowat

Banned

I was trying to match your dangerous jump score right next to Byron earlier, I was struggling, need to try a different wagon!

When joining an online lobby, it would really help if I could see the type of races that are being played in the lobby, and I was given a chance to choose what car I wanna use. It sucks when I'm in a car that's tuned for street racing and now I have to play a series of off road races because I'm not given a chance to pre-screen the lobby.

Strider

When joining an online lobby, it would really help if I could see the type of races that are being played in the lobby, and I was given a chance to choose what car I wanna use. It sucks when I'm in a car that's tuned for street racing and now I have to play a series of off road races because I'm not given a chance to pre-screen the lobby.

Yep.

I love the general structure of online adventure (it's soooo fun) but it needs adjustments badly. The problem you mentioned and the scoring system both need to be addressed.

j-wood

Ok I think I fixed my issue. Pro tip guys, if you already have the warthog in game DO NOT install the warthog dlc entitlement (that's like 10mb). I don't know how I have the car in game without that installed, but when I installed it and completely broke my game.

That said, what is the auction house? Can't you buy all the cars from the auto show?

psychotron

Fuck these street races.

That is all.

The AI is definitely different in those races. I've seen many cases where the lead car takes off and is miles ahead of the pack, with no way for you to catch up. It's some Forza 6 at launch type shit....which they thankfully fixed in that game. I managed to get ahead of the lead car and was winning by a large margin, but as soon as we hit a straight he zipped past me like I wasn't there. I was forced to buy a much faster car.

prophecy0

Or am I just crazy?

I kind of agree. I'm early in the game so my impression could change. I've got a pretty nice surround sound setup with (5.1 + a good sub + 4x overhead speakers for Atmos) and so far the cars sound fairly underwhelming, even when I adjust the sound mix to emphasize the cars. They definitely sound better in cockpit view, which is understandable. I will say that the exhaust on the modded Silvia Spec-R that you can get at the beginning of the game sounded damn nice. It had a lot more low-end then the Centenario did.

ElNino

That said, what is the auction house? Can't you buy all the cars from the auto show?
The Horizon Edition cars are only available through wheel spins or from the Auction House. Seems the going rate for them on the AH is between 500K-1.5M credits. They are tuned versions of cars in the game already that have boosts for Credits, XP or Skills.

That said, you can also get other cars there as well that might be cheaper than buying (and upgrading/tuning) from the Auto Show.

zorbsie

Are you level 500 yet?
Are you crazy?
Will be 400 in lunch.

I was trying to match your dangerous jump score right next to Byron earlier, I was struggling, need to try a different wagon!

Having a bunch of people in the GAF car club is great for trying to figure out what cars to use. My last two jumps were the lumberyard and the river jump in the main city. Looking at the leaderboard gave me ideas as to what I should be using.

danowat

Banned
Dude, I was joking.

They unlock pretty quickly. Within your first hour with the game or so.

They really don't, I am 8hrs in and haven't unlocked them yet, you need 3 festival sites, and upgrade the 3rd one to level 2.

If you can do that in an hour, I'm impressed!

GHG

They really don't, I am 8hrs in and haven't unlocked them yet, you need 3 festival sites, and upgrade the 3rd one to level 2.

Oh. Well, I've been playing for over an hour and opened the next festival and still nothing. FH2 unlocked at this point.

Mine unlocked pretty damn quickly but I just focuses on doing races at the start of the game instead of faffing about with the other stuff.

Just got the Hurucan Horizon edition from a wheel spin after winning a street race. I guess these things are worth the trouble after all.

ElNino

Multiplayer unlocked before Clubs I think, and you don't necessarily need the third festival to be level two. I think you just need six total festival expansions, as Clubs became available for me as soon as I unlocked my third festival (first two were both level three).

That being said, it certainly took me well over an hour to do it.

danowat

Banned
Multiplayer unlocked before Clubs I think, and you don't necessarily need the third festival to be level two. I think you just need six total festival expansions, as Clubs became available for me as soon as I unlocked my third festival (first two were both level three).

That being said, it certainly took me well over an hour to do it.

Yeah, you're right, it did, I think multiplayer unlocked quite early on.

I've unlocked my third site, but still no clubs.........

Tall Paul

Clubs unlocked for me last night, think I'm level 19 or 20 but I've upgraded the first site to level 5, and now have 2 other sites at level 1 that I've barely touched the races in so wonder if its to do with upgrades first?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Clubs unlocked for me last night, think I'm level 19 or 20 but I've upgraded the first site to level 5, and now have 2 other sites at level 1 that I've barely touched the races in so wonder if its to do with upgrades first?

I'm pretty sure you just need 6 total festival upgrades/unlocks. Doesn't matter how many festivals or what level any one of them is. Just that you've earned enough fans to upgrade/open six times.

ElNino

What are your first two sites at? If they aren't at least six (combined between the two), then you'd need another expansion to unlock Clubs.

I'm pretty sure you just need 6 total festival upgrades/unlocks. Doesn't matter how many festivals or what level any one of them is. Just that you've earned enough fans to upgrade/open six times.
This. It just needs to be six total expansions (not including the first festival opening).

Tall Paul

Agh, yeah that makes sense! I'm reluctant to do more at the other sites just yet, Byron bay map still looks like a kids sticker collection with the amount of activities available.

I didn't wait for it to unlock, I just waited for a GAF friend to show up in the starting grid, viewed their club info and then joined the club. Did one more race, went to bed and the next day I fired up the game and had a 'clubs' tab and I was in.

Top Bottom