• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

RawNuts

I don't think Noobcraft's drivatar is taking these races very seriously...

HqVH8rz.jpg

Just like the real Noobcraft!

Lego Boss

Is anyone having problems with this after the last XBOX update? Screen is stuttering and when l enter races there are cars that are in my garage that it's asking me to buy.

Worked perfectly for me before.

desu

Dude on Reddit has been finding out which is the best race on an XP per minute basis and his results are pretty interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/557yxq/heres_my_research_so_far_regarding_the_best_races/

Here is a quick look at his spreadsheet so far.

UEmhuLk.jpg

Isn't that pretty flawed? I think people here need ~11 minutes for a round on Goliath. Also Goliath allows for a lot of cleans/skill score if you're good driver which is something not reflected in those XPpM.

Dude on Reddit has been finding out which is the best race on an XP per minute basis and his results are pretty interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/557yxq/heres_my_research_so_far_regarding_the_best_races/

Here is a quick look at his spreadsheet so far.

that's mostly going for distance-XP, right? Couldn't I get a ton more XP if I took a S1 modern rally car (AWD, lots of rear toe-out, high rear diff setting) and go to race a desert-track with lots of long corners that I can "awesome" or "ultimate" drift all the time? Skill-XP can be really high and you can buy multipliers with skill-points.

It was only after I bought my first horizon edition car from the auction house that I ended up starting to win them on wheels spins.

I now have HE editions of the M3, M4, BRZ, Ford GT, Viper and the GTR.

I feel like I should donate one to someone who is struggling. I haven't even tried the M3 or the GTR yet, I'm having too much fun with the Murcielago SV.

I'd love the M4 if you could arrange it? My dream car 😍

Cyanity

Banned
Damn :( Was running great... working on drift zones with my new drift tune. Classic skill song comes on 23 mins!

aaaaaand game crashes with 19 min left rip ;_;

Try this out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54ulbc/for_anyone_in_need_of_drift_tunes/

I did the default tune and was able to knock out a couple 3 stars pretty easily. Just lift off the gas, hit ebrake, turn in, then start feathering the gas while steering to keep the drift alive.

I suggest tuning a skills or drift bonus car so that you can rack up a bunch of skill points while you grind out the zones.

This is an absolute godsend. THANK YOU

terrible

Banned
It's funny how much your level of frustration can affect your driving.

I was trying to beat a rival time last night and I must've spent an hour or maybe more trying different car and tune combos to beat it before I quit for the night.

I then boot it up today and on my first flying lap with a fresh mindset I easily beat the time lol. Cracked the top 50 with it too.

terrible

Banned
Isn't that pretty flawed? I think people here need ~11 minutes for a round on Goliath. Also Goliath allows for a lot of cleans/skill score if you're good driver which is something not reflected in those XPpM.

With the triple skill boost perk (costs 10 points) you can double your XP in the goliath race. I also ended up with 50+ skill points by the end of a ten lap race lol.

Cyanity

Banned
Man, some players are practically giving away supercars in the auction house. Need to make it a habit to check the "hot deals" section more often.

rakanishu

Banned

I agree. I've done a 10:05 on Goliath with the Jaguar.

BHK3

Banned
Got the game last night and it's blissful how it runs perfectly at 30fps on all settings, only stutters when I assume it loads stuff in. Turned off all that exp junk and turned off voice overs so I have peace and quiet now. How much do I need to play to get more radio stations though and can you customize them?

Theorry

First car pack. Forza Horizon 3 Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack

The Forza Horizon 3 Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack features 10 amazing race cars – the first time purpose-built race cars have appeared in the Forza Horizon series. From powerhouse Australian V8s to Ford’s latest Le Mans winner, the Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack brings an entirely new sense of speed to the highways and byways of Forza Horizon 3. The Forza Horizon 3 Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack is available as a standalone purchase and is included as part of the Deluxe and Ultimate Editions of Forza Horizon 3 at no additional charge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6cmgeWFGo

DarkestHour

Banned
Got the game last night and it's blissful how it runs perfectly at 30fps on all settings, only stutters when I assume it loads stuff in. Turned off all that exp junk and turned off voice overs so I have peace and quiet now. How much do I need to play to get more radio stations though and can you customize them?

You'll unlock more radio stations as you level up and do things.Eventually you'll unlock a Groove trial so you can play your own music.

louiedog

I'll say. I put the game down after that. When I started playing again last night my first wheel spin was a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, though I forget the exact model, maybe the IX.

That's 3 pretty good cars in a row and makes me less annoyed about those 3k-5k credit spins.

Noobcraft

I don't think Noobcraft's drivatar is taking these races very seriously...

Just like the real Noobcraft!
Lol. Accurate! I don't know how it achieved C class with my Isetta though. Just changing off the stock tires boosts mine from D class to A class.

Yeah it's not hard to achieve sub 10:30 laps of the Goliath circuit with the Jag fully upgraded. The desert figure 8 circuit is quite interesting though!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Would love to get on a session later today/tonight. My friends have the game but none seem interested to play online.

Hip Hop

Currently have a bug where there are no drivatars or other cars in the open world, just me. Went into the festival and out, still nothing.

ElNino

I know it's expensive, but the Subaru HE with the default tune works really well for me.
I've been trying to get that one... but I didn't have the patience to wait it out in the Auction House. I had a chance on a wheel spin and missed it by one spot. :-(

AcridMeat

Banned
What car and tuning do you guys recommend for the drift challenges? Really struggling for some of them.
I've been taking some of the old cars my family and I have owned (1986 635csi, Alfa Romeo Milano) and upgrading the hell out of them. They always have a shitload of tailhappiness.

eek5

I've been trying to get that one... but I didn't have the patience to wait it out in the Auction House. I had a chance on a wheel spin and missed it by one spot. :-(

Look for a block of cars ending around the same time, within 1-3 minutes of each other. What you're looking for is for most of them to have low starting bids like 200-500k. Find the one that has no bids in the middle that starts at 6-800k. Bid on it. Everyone ties their money up in the cheap ones and end up in bid wars while yours completes without any competition. I've had a lot of success winning HE cars this way.

I usually bid on stuff when I'm doing other things around the house. I'll find the right car, bid on it then come back and see if I won.

The problem with bid wars is it ties up your money until the auction ends and it keeps extending the time.

Arc07

Has anyone been able to purchase the "Pre-order Edition" cars from the auction house? I get some marketplace error when I try to bid or buyout these cars.

Cyanity

Banned
WOW. That was bullshit. I just clicked on the "Forza Horizon 3 car pass" out of curiosity, and MS opens up a window for a $30 charge. Hitting B on the controller wouldn't get me out of the menu, and the cursor was stuck on the "buy" button and wouldn't move. I tapped the mouse and it INSTANTLY BUYS the car pass. I'm fucking livid.

edit - what does the car pass even do :\

desu

Does anyone here have a decent amount of self made (beatable) bucket list challenges? I want to finish the achievement but it seems barely anyone is using it.

Top Bottom