• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
This game is really starting to affect my productivity, I say I'm gonna just play for 30 minutes..4 hours later..

xrnzaaas

Man the final showcase sucked
sure let's give the player a slow golf cart, how thrilling
, I didn't know that you can actually do something worse than FH2's finale. To be honest all FH games had poor "career missions", but in FH1 at least we were going against cocky drivers and there was some cool smack talk involved. ;)

willbsn13

Is it about time they dropped the drivatar system and just concentrate on getting decent AI?

I wish they did but I doubt they'd do it.

I mean cloud based AI that adaptively learns based on the lines you take sounds nice in theory and sounds even better in interviews....but 4 games into the system it hasn't really progressed anywhere. The AI is still mediocre and very inconsistent. But as I said, I doubt they'll change it tbh.

paischu

Man the final showcase sucked
sure let's give the player a slow golf cart, how thrilling
, I didn't know that you can actually do something worse than FH2's finale. To be honest all FH games had poor "career missions", but in FH1 at least we were going against cocky drivers and there was some cool smack talk involved. ;)

What was the finale in FH2 again? I found the FH3 finale to be very boring too..

willbsn13

What was the finale in FH2 again? I found the FH3 finale to be very boring too..

It was a race around the map vs Ben IIRC. Yeah it was a weird decision to end it on a showcase, considering both 1 and 2 were long races around the map. If they switch showcase 4 and 5 around it would have made for a better ending

paischu

It was a race around the map vs Ben IIRC. Yeah it was a weird decision to end it on a showcase, considering both 1 and 2 were long races around the map. If they switch showcase 4 and 5 around it would have made for a better ending

They just should have changed the track with the goliath one.

zoT9Nxn.gif

Are you a wizard?

Pakoe

Noticed this on the Goliath race. Would be rinsing the competition and then all of a sudden they are right up my arse and if I fall too far behind the AI speed drops to let me catch up. Kinda ridiculous.

It's pretty annoying sometimes. I just did an S class race on a track and a couple of the AI pulled off top 50 leaderboard times. I still won the race but could it get more obvious that they cheat?

I know right. I was riding against D classes in a C class car and they kept up, easily.
Now i don't mind having a battle once in a while, but that's just straight up bullshit.

ColdHoboKiller

Neo Member
I know right. I was riding against D classes in a C class car and they kept up, easily.
Now i don't mind having a battle once in a while, but that's just straight up bullshit.

Was just doing the Goliath some more. Half the AI were stuck in rocks or trees, others were going super slow. But the best was watching one of the AI cars shoot across my mini-map at about 100,000,000 mph ignoring all terrain. Don't know if that's a bug or the rubber banding pushed to the max.

Miker

I just started the PC version (playing at 60, or trying to) and it's kind of sluggish. Not necessarily input lag, but I feel like I'm tilting the stick all the way left/right before my car starts turning, and then I always oversteer. Seems difficult to make fine adjustments, like there's a problem w/ deadzones. Tends to be more true for the buggies than the supercars. Is it just how the cars handle in this game?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Picked this up from the Target deal somewhat randomly. I've been wanting an arcade racer for years because I was a huge Cruis'n fan back in the day.

This is my first modern racing game beside Mario Kart 8 since Burnout Paradise and it's a lot of fun. Have it set up with all assists maxed and it almost feels like another Burnout to me. I love that you don't need to take a deep dive on tuning and you can just enjoy the racing. Very fun.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
God this game is fantastic. Picked it up for only $26AU thanks to the Target error so I bought the treasure map. Fuck it.

My biggest gripe with the game is that it doesn't really send a great political message to its gamers. Australia isn't as great as this game makes it seem.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Morning everyone, got myself some lovely cars and cash last night from wheelspins after a 5 lap session of Goalith online. I'm so trying the 2015 Ultima GTR out on my next race.

Time to head back out.

IHgWuDa.gif

I just started the PC version (playing at 60, or trying to) and it's kind of sluggish. Not necessarily input lag, but I feel like I'm tilting the stick all the way left/right before my car starts turning, and then I always oversteer. Seems difficult to make fine adjustments, like there's a problem w/ deadzones. Tends to be more true for the buggies than the supercars. Is it just how the cars handle in this game?

Have you tried adjusting the dead zones? I don't like Forza's defaults, and I use 0-100 on an XB1 controller.

If that doesn't work, and you're sure it's not particular tunes you're having issues with, you can try simulation steering, but it's super twitchy with a controller.

OmegaDL50

Just picked this up yesterday, Haven't had time to actually play it because it's still downloading.

Hopefully it will be a good test for my new PC.

The last time I played a Forza game was Forza Motorsport 3 years ago on the 360. I spent hundreds of hours on that game just collecting cars and trying to fill my virtual garage with one of each unique model in the game.

While I know Horizon is more of an open-world and not a closed circuit track racer that the traditional Forza series is, I hope to still do my car collection thing I've always tried to do.

I just like the progression of starting small with a Ford Focus RS or Volkswagen Golf and building your way up to a 800+ HP Fully Tuned Racing Monster.

Looking forward to be playing this soon.

GHG

I really need to stop gambling my credits away. I got a bit excited after I got 2 HE edition cars last night after gambling 200k. I'm now 500k down with nothing other than a Subaru Impreza to show for it.

Is there a neogaf club? Clubs just unlocked for me.

Yes, the details are in the OP. Also add yourself to the spreadsheet.

Is it about time they dropped the drivatar system and just concentrate on getting decent AI?

I like Drivatars and don't use rewind when racing, and I've played most of the campaign co-op.

Drivatars can be frustrating and I definitely agree with GHG's suggestion of giving us the 'Limit Drivatar Aggression' option from FM6/Apex.

But I definitely wouldn't scrap Drivatars. When it's working, which is most of the time imho, this is the best AI in the racing games I play.

That said, there are some serious problems with AI in FH3 that weren't present (or were at least fixed) in FM5/FH2/FM6.

I really need to stop gambling my credits away. I got a bit excited after I got 2 HE edition cars last night after gambling 200k. I'm now 500k down with nothing other than a Subaru Impreza to show for it.

Yeah. Purchased spins are a bad deal until you have nothing else to buy. I stopped when I got down about 500k.

shagia

what must man do to unlock the clubs tab?!

My biggest gripe with the game is that it doesn't really send a great political message to its gamers. Australia isn't as great as this game makes it seem.

To be fair, Horizon does that with every environment (it might be the payout of a festival in general), it did it to America, it did it to Europe, and now it's doing it to Australia. I don't think the point of it overall is to make it look like the greatest place on earth, but rather create a more surreal yet realistic mirror of said location, which is understandable given what the game is trying to be. And I think it does pretty well at doing that by not only just not having much of a political message at all but overall glamorising the world, it's a world where discourse doesn't have to exist and everything is beautiful, even dirt.

Yes, the details are in the OP. Also add yourself to the spreadsheet.

I sent noobcraft a PM, but I'm not seeing any spreadsheet.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
... are you serious or is that a joke...?

To be fair, Horizon does that with every environment (it might be the payout of a festival in general), it did it to America, it did it to Europe, and now it's doing it to Australia. I don't think the point of it overall is to make it look like the greatest place on earth, but rather create a more surreal yet realistic mirror of said location, which is understandable given what the game is trying to be. And I think it does pretty well at doing that by not only just not having much of a political message at all but overall glamorising the world, it's a world where discourse doesn't have to exist and everything is beautiful, even dirt.

It was a joke referencing a thread from the other day.

Easy Breezy

Neo Member
Anyone else keep getting server failures?

Share picture? Error communicating with server.
Auction car? Error communicating with server.
Share paintjob? Error communicating with server.

Also, anyone know how to get Groove to work? I set up the playlist, but when I change the radio channel it just says loading.

GHG

Anyone else keep getting server failures?

Share picture? Error communicating with server.
Auction car? Error communicating with server.
Share paintjob? Error communicating with server.

Also, anyone know how to get Groove to work? I set up the playlist, but when I change the radio channel it just says loading.

Yep. Was trying to put one of my horizon edition cars up for auction earlier and was just getting hit with server errors.

Echoes

Was just doing the Goliath some more. Half the AI were stuck in rocks or trees, others were going super slow. But the best was watching one of the AI cars shoot across my mini-map at about 100,000,000 mph ignoring all terrain. Don't know if that's a bug or the rubber banding pushed to the max.

Yep. Not sure if it'll show in the gif below, I'm driving full speed but look at the AI in the minimap — he's blazing through, can hardly catch up to him.

ezgif-73311507vxzvc.gif

FH3 is my first experience with drivatar. Definitely the last. This is the major complaint I have against the game and is stopping it from being my all time favorite racer. Racing is just not fun.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Six festival expansions (leveling up an existing one or opening new site counts), not counting the initial opening in Byron Bay.

Noobcraft

FH3 is my first experience with drivatar. Definitely the last. This is the major complaint I have against the game and is stopping it from being my all time favorite racer. Racing is just not fun.
Do the figure 8 circuit or any other small track in a one-make race. The AI behaves much better on smaller tracks. I had a ton of fun doing a Subaru BRZ Horizon Edition race against the AI. It took me like 6 laps to work my way to the front of the pack and I traded first with a drivatar a few times before I won the race. I will say that drivatars tend to be way too aggressive when picking lines though and give little regard for anyone in their way (not unlike online races).

strata8

Maybe it's because I've been only playing on Highly Skilled but I haven't had any of the issues you guys have been having... races aren't particularly easy but they've never felt unfair either. I usually gain first in the last lap or so, occasionally placing second if I can't reach the leader.

I also always make sure to upgrade my car to the max permissible rank - this way the AI don't end up with better cars.

terrible

Banned
Here's the race from yesterday I was talking about in regards to the cheating AI. I was playing on Expert or Pro, I don't remember since I switch between the two a lot. I wasn't playing on the hardest setting at any rate.

race:
xIZ5utE.jpg

leaderboards at the time of the race:
gQTh1Ct.png

The drivatar's in 4th and 8th both pulled off times that would have landed them in the 50s or better on the overall leaderboards for that track and class. That's out of 200K+ lap times.

Hip Hop

Yep. Not sure if it'll show in the gif below, I'm driving full speed but look at the AI in the minimap — he's blazing through, can hardly catch up to him.

ezgif-73311507vxzvc.gif

iirc, FH2 was not like this at all. Hopefully they patch it up or something.

Noobcraft

The drivatar's in 4th and 8th both pulled off times that would have landed them in the 50s or better on the overall leaderboards for that track and class. That's out of 200K+ lap times.
In FM6, there was a set of challenges where you challenge the Stig. If you put it on unbeatable, it was exactly that. The Stig would legitimately beat the fastest times on the leaderboards with an unmodified car.

Usually the AI stays competitive with you which is why the lap times you saw in that race look like they do. If you really want to blow them away you have to use a superior car.

Six festival expansions (leveling up an existing one or opening new site counts), not counting the initial opening in Byron Bay.

I hate how they lock shit out. They're saying they have full co-op now but you can't even bloody access it for a good 2 hours! If people want to play together why lock them out for so long? I thought they'd have fixed that shit in this one. Same with forcing you to sit there while they talk and not even let you navigate a menu.

Top Bottom