• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

jesu

Can someone explain to me why after 6 fucking games I still can't change the exhaust tips on my car? Does turn 10 realise how stupid this looks?

Driving around with a rocket bunny body kit and 700 hp yet I still have a tiny little restricted exhaust tip. It's honesty absurd Turn 10 haven't put in the effort to change this after all these years.

And why do the Rb26 engines sound so awful? They sound like something out of the old gt games.

First impressions are not good.

Are exhaust tips really that important to you in an open world racing game?
Even sounds are way down my list of important points...

zgYhS78.jpg

Enjoying this game with a wheel, some cars are way too hard to handle with simulation steering though, their back end kicks out far too easily.

I have found the M3 really great to drive and is one of the cars that handles well with a wheel and just bought a Viper that seems to have satisfying handling as well.

Anybody have any recommendations for a Ferrari that is fun to drive? I don't have any of the DLC mind, so sadly can't drive that one.

You guys all probably know this but every week or so you can get free credits by redeeming them on forzas website by logging in with your xbox live or windows account.
The amount of credits you receive depends on how many of the previous games you've played and how fully you've completed them. I get about 100k free credits every week or two.
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/

You guys all probably know this but every week or so you can get free credits by redeeming them on forzas website by logging in with your xbox live or windows account.
The amount of credits you receive depends on how many of the previous games you've played and how fully you've completed them. I get about 100k free credits every week or two.
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/

You can also do that with the Forza Hub app

lem0n

Yeah that was annoying. The car isn't really even tuned to drift.

One tip I can give you is that you can get better entry speed if you just turn around when you start and cut through the grass to enter the drift zone straight on. From there I just used ebrake pretty liberally.

I hate the letter boxing on 21:9 though. It's a 21:9 letterbox inside a 16:9 letterbox. drives me insane lol

I got like 2,900 in the world my first try on that one. Linking the last corners and especially the last one together is key. Keep it in a low gear and go ham on that e brake!

Caayn

Just now getting my teeth in and I think my favorite thing is the flurry of camera angles and cuts right before or after a race starts. It's so fast and smooth and looks so cool. Their letter boxing is on point too.
They could've dialled the letterboxception a bit back. It's almost as if they watched Steven Seagal's letterbox 2000 and said "That looks awesome, we've gotta do that too.".

zorbsie

I wish I could just change cars without having to go "home". Sometimes the car I have is terrible for the random race I join, and not being able to switch my car before the race is a bummer.

You can switch to cars you already own anywhere on the map. pause game, go to Cars>My Cars. Pick the car and just pay the 10k to have it delivered. No need to go back to the festival. But if you want to buy a new car you have to go back to the festival.

jesu

I wish I could just change cars without having to go "home". Sometimes the car I have is terrible for the random race I join, and not being able to switch my car before the race is a bummer.

You can though.
Create a new blueprint and pick the car you want to use/are already in.
Or if you just want to use the default type car offering, click on the plus sign on the left.

Caayn

You can switch to cars you already own anywhere on the map. pause game, go to Cars>My Cars. Pick the car and just pay the 10k to have it delivered. No need to go back to the festival. But if you want to buy a new car you have to go back to the festival.
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. Is it instant?

lem0n

Yeah that was annoying. The car isn't really even tuned to drift.

One tip I can give you is that you can get better entry speed if you just turn around when you start and cut through the grass to enter the drift zone straight on. From there I just used ebrake pretty liberally.

I hate the letter boxing on 21:9 though. It's a 21:9 letterbox inside a 16:9 letterbox. drives me insane lol

I got like 2,900 in the world my first try on that one. Linking the last corners and especially the last one together is key. Keep it in a low gear and go ham on that e brake!

louiedog

I bought the BRZ and Focus HE on the auction house a few days ago, but last night I won the GT-R, Boss/Mustang, and M4 in the space of maybe an hour or two.

Then I lucked into buying the Jag HE for ~$660K.

I feel like I may have inherited your luck, it's gotta change at some point for you.

That's about what I spent on my Jag at auction. About an hour earlier they were all going for around a million and I saw one get bid up to 1.8. It was nuts so I just waited.

So I finally unlocked clubs and joined the GAF club. Do I need to do anything else to not get kicked out?? Gamertag is same as my gaf username

TEH-CJ

Banned
Are exhaust tips really that important to you in an open world racing game?
Even sounds are way down my list of important points...

It's a detail that should not be overlooked. And as a car enthusiasts, yes it's that important.

Noobcraft

For anyone tired of the Goliath Circuit, the figure 8 circuit in the outback is about 660k xp per hour. 55 second laps, 66k xp for 10 laps. It's a really solid track too. It wouldn't feel out of place in Forza Motorsport.

rrs

What the hell I just got it too, my first HE haha.

It's cool that it's a widebody M3, but I was hoping for a coin or xp doubler, not drift. I only got it after I was frustrated with my spin luck and bought a few spins.
The HE cars (except the credit boost ones) go for about the same cost in auction, sell during prime time then buy late at night

Klocker

Oh shit.. just dropped 600k on wheel spins. I have a problem... Nothing to show for it either..

Question. Do XP bonus cars also give extra XP for free roam skills XP?

Echoes

Been pretty happy with Horizon 3 on PC. Haven't played much of Apex — how does it compare to Forza 6? Thinking of getting an Xbox One S for Lost Odyssey and Sunset Overdrive, and wondering how FM6 performs and plays compared to Apex.

Man, trying to 3-star the PR stunts in unmolested stock cars sure can be a bitch, but all the more satisfying than cheesing with some twin-turbo V12 nuttermobile.

Exhibit A is the Falcon GT F: bone-stock, I've yet to come across a car in Horizon 3 that's more eager to immolate its rear tires at even the slightest provocation. This sunuvabitch pulls off burnouts and 'Ultimate' drifts at will and, traffic permitting, makes the Drift Zones oh-so manageable. I adore it.

Noobcraft

Been pretty happy with Horizon 3 on PC. Haven't played much of Apex — how does it compare to Forza 6? Thinking of getting an Xbox One S for Lost Odyssey and Sunset Overdrive, and wondering how FM6 performs and plays compared to Apex.
Apex is directly based off of FM6. FM6 has a lot more content than Apex and holds a rock solid 60 fps in gameplay.

Cyanity

Banned
Does anyone know where the in-game photo mode shots are saved? Microsoft has locked down the install directory of the game and made it all cryptic so I have no f'ing clue where to even start looking.

Top Bottom