• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Dubz

You can switch to cars you already own anywhere on the map. pause game, go to Cars>My Cars. Pick the car and just pay the 10k to have it delivered. No need to go back to the festival. But if you want to buy a new car you have to go back to the festival.
You just changed my life. Thanks.

strata8

I have a feeling the AI isn't affected by the terrain like the player is. The races I have the most difficulty with are the off road races. Water, tall grass and trees don't seem to slow them down like they do for the player vehicle. Super annoying. Worst part is like someone already mentioned, if you lower the AI difficulty it doesn't really change anything. It's infuriating driving a S1/S2 off road truck with a 7/8 speed rating and have a Warthog pass you which can't be upgraded past A with a 4.5 speed rating.

Also I hate that upgrading a car is almost useless in the game. No matter what you do the AI is always in a car that is as good/better. I liked it more when they didn't get tunes and were just stock. If I tune my car to an S1 make all the AI stock S1 cars.

I've found the opposite actually, I blueprinted an off-road championship with only Abarth 595s, upgraded mine to rally tires, springs, etc and found I was smashing the AI every time. They all upgraded to the same B-class preset and ended up in a big clump.

Quirah

Guys I have a question. If I download this game with PC, lets name it 'X' and I copy files to a Hard Disk then how can I install the game the other PC, named 'Y'?

Is there any way to make it? Help me please.

corin7

Neo Member
I know this is news to know one but wow this runs like shit on my brand new beast of a PC. Finally downloaded it on the Xbone and wow runs like butter. Also this is possibly the most fun racing game I have ever played. Really really impressed with the first hour of the game.

VanWinkle

Welp definitely didn't think I'd have the game already (figured I'd be waiting until Christmas at earliest). :D So excited. Thanks to whoever found the $20 deal that happened. 33% downloaded so far.

zoT9Nxn.gif

For anyone tired of the Goliath Circuit, the figure 8 circuit in the outback is about 660k xp per hour. 55 second laps, 66k xp for 10 laps. It's a really solid track too. It wouldn't feel out of place in Forza Motorsport.
Cool, I might give this a shot

Goliath is fine it's just that, outside of two corners, it's not really that interesting. Running longer races on smaller tracks might not net you the same amount of xp but it has proven to be a lot more fun imo

So I just bought a new gaming laptop and I'm trying to install my copy of Forza and Gears. Every time I try I get an error message on the Windows Store saying something went wrong on their end and to try later. I've have the latest W10 updates installed and can't find a fix anywhere. Anyone one else run into this problem and have a solution?

rrs

So I just bought a new gaming laptop and I'm trying to install my copy of Forza and Gears. Every time I try I get an error message on the Windows Store saying something went wrong on their end and to try later. I've have the latest W10 updates installed and can't find a fix anywhere. Anyone one else run into this problem and have a solution?
first make sure you got anniversary update, but otherwise yeah you got to wait a bit

Echoes

Heaven.

Now I know why half my map is littered with unfinished races: the AI is so shit in this game that races are barely enjoyable, unless you drive for the purpose of enjoying the track and nothing else. There's no way to just pick a nice car and finish nicely. You have to take the thing and fucking tune it otherwise you're going to be eclipsed in the first few seconds of the race. I hate S2/X cars because they're uncontrollable, so trying to play a nice and fair race with other stock cars (with a Pro/Expert opponent) is an exercise in frustration.

I don't know if it's always been like this in the Forza series or if it's just the Horizon line of games. But now I'm sure I'll never actually "finish" the game in terms of beating all the races because they're simply not fun. Some of the worst AI I've ever tried in a racing game, and arguably the worst.

I spent most of my time just roaming the map and having fun, but every single race I played today has been an extremely awful experience.

rrs

I have an interesting note about the AI: so one race on the Goliath circuit I was chased then passed by a One:1 in my Jaguar Project 7 with 1500 HP, but in another race second place was some plain car that showed up and I had more or less left said car about 5-10 seconds behind while I got dusted by some other supercar that got in 12th for some reason

Ultimadrago

The biggest hurdle for newcomers to racers in general is going to be the handling model. It's not your typical arcade racer, and it does take some technique to approach corners appropriately, but it does have a driving line to help out with braking and a rewind feature to minimize frustration.

Source: watching my wife try to play FH2.

It's not a sim, so get that out of your head. You can MAKE it feel like a sim but it's an arcade racer at heart. You can play the whole game without tuning a single car, or just use the auto-upgrade option.

My GF doesn't play racing games but loves just driving around the open world doing whatever. Like, for hours at a time. Gets me lots of skill points!

With the default settings, it's a pretty damn arcadey racer. You have to break for turns, yes, but you'll have an assist line telling you when to do that (as well as traction and braking assists) and honestly, if you're playing on lower difficulty levels, you can just turn by smashing into the cars ahead of you. Every aspect of the game is customizable, so you should be able to make it as arcadey or sim-like as you want. Oh, and if you miss a turn, you have a rewind button. A goddamn rewind button! Hah.

That really is one of the great things about this game - it lets you play it as you want, you're always progressing in some manner, even if you're just driving around the world or placing poorly in races. You'll constantly be leveling up/getting new rides/new events, etc.

It's the perfect racing game to just pick up and do whatever you want in.

I don't think I ever thanked you guys. Thanks for the information! This recent Target deal really helped in shoving me over the fence, so I've picked up the game.

How's performance on PC for those playing with Windows 10?

Ullus

I'm curious, do you guys drive with or without any of the assists on?

My current settings are:

ABS: off
Steering: normal
Traction and Stability control: off
Shifting: automatic (tried manual /w clutch but does not feel right in an arcade game)
Driving Lines: off
Damage: Cosmetic

And I have to say the handling of the cars feels much better.

How's performance on PC for those playing with Windows 10?

Getting steady 60 when driving in the desert/forest, drops to 55-50 in cities/races and down to low 40s in surfers paradise. 970, 4690k and 8gb ram.

No problems with crashes so far, but a friend I play with get crashes every other loading screen. (AMD system)

willbsn13

Heaven.

Now I know why half my map is littered with unfinished races: the AI is so shit in this game that races are barely enjoyable, unless you drive for the purpose of enjoying the track and nothing else. There's no way to just pick a nice car and finish nicely. You have to take the thing and fucking tune it otherwise you're going to be eclipsed in the first few seconds of the race. I hate S2/X cars because they're uncontrollable, so trying to play a nice and fair race with other stock cars (with a Pro/Expert opponent) is an exercise in frustration.

I don't know if it's always been like this in the Forza series or if it's just the Horizon line of games. But now I'm sure I'll never actually "finish" the game in terms of beating all the races because they're simply not fun. Some of the worst AI I've ever tried in a racing game, and arguably the worst.

I spent most of my time just roaming the map and having fun, but every single race I played today has been an extremely awful experience.

I'll admit the AI isn't flash at all in this game and really shows some of the issues with drivatars and how inconsistent they can be. I've had some great races with them in this game, I've had some absolutely dreadful ones and then there's the AI on goliath where they're just straight up broken and need fixing.

But the worst AI in a racing game? No way. Did you play NFS 2015? AI is pretty meh in FH3, but there a plenty worse AI in racing games IMO.

GHG

I'll admit the AI isn't flash at all in this game and really shows some of the issues with drivatars and how inconsistent they can be. I've had some great races with them in this game, I've had some absolutely dreadful ones and then there's the AI on goliath where they're just straight up broken and need fixing.

But the worst AI in a racing game? No way. Did you play NFS 2015? AI is pretty meh in FH3, but there a plenty worse AI in racing games IMO.

In the higher classes it really is some of the worst. The AI is far too aggressive and you need to take online like strategies to avoid first corner pile ups and the like. They bash you out of the way during corners, push you outside of checkpoint markers while ignoring the checkpoints themselves. I love this game but some of the street races have been some of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with a racing game.

This game really needs an option to limit drivatar aggression like there was in FM6. That option saved that game for me. Helios, if you are reading please float that suggestion with the team.

danowat

Banned

Is it about time they dropped the drivatar system and just concentrate on getting decent AI?

danowat

Banned
But then how would we get that online experience while playing offline?

Does it matter?

Personally I'd take better AI over having someone's name from my friends list over the car, I'd also call into question just how much driving personality they actually take from a certain real life driver anyway, I'm almost of the impression it's little more than a brief facsimile anyway.

Fox Mulder

Is it about time they dropped the drivatar system and just concentrate on getting decent AI?

It has ruined forza motorsports for me. I absolutely hate drivatars and want real AI back that won't turn my offline career races into fucking online lobbies.

GHG

Does it matter?

Personally I'd take better AI over having someone's name from my friends list over the car, I'd also call into question just how much driving personality they actually take from a certain real life driver anyway, I'm almost of the impression it's little more than a brief facsimile anyway.

I was being sarcastic. I'm in full agreement with you.

If there was no rewind then they wouldn't be able to get away with having such a shit AI model. I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of players who say "the drivatar said are fine" play with rewind on. I like to play with rewind off and sim damage where possible and I can tell you they are an absolute nightmare in a lot of scenarios.

Broman1978

How can I ever go back and play other games now that doesn't have HDR?! It looks absolutely fantastic with The colors and the light etc! Race in a sunset in this game and you understand!

Top Bottom