• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

GHG

I'm new to the game. Is there a GAF group to join? I read a couple of comments as I skimmed through this thread but is it still active or has another one replaced it?

Do this:

We are at 900ish people in the car club. Was going to lock up the club on Friday, but might do it earlier then that now. After we lock the car club, it will be invite only. The spreadsheet only has 360 people on it. I figure there is a lot of folks who joined that are not GAFers. Especially considering how many messages I've got about where to find the OT or what is an OT, etc. So if you are in the car club and not on the spreadsheet, do yourself a favour and add yourself to it. I'll be kicking people who are both inactive and not on the list. Not everyone, want to keep about 100 free slots for people that come to the game a little later.

Need a link to the spreadsheet? Quote this post.

And then search for the GAF club once you unlock clubs in the game.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I really like this game. Its overall a very impressive package and am having fun for once, but kinda like how procedural games aren't as good as handcrafted ones, I'm finding the "choose everything" and "go anywhere!" approach makes the game pretty unbalanced. It's just too easy to cheese everything and me curating my own game progression by picking races and classes trying to keep it fair for the AI is kinda wonkey.

Also, coop campaign is basically "you win" mode with the scoring system, especially in races against ai. Its not really a fair challenge at all.

Regardless, its got so much good about, even though I feel sorta aimless at times, its a blast. I'm excited to just take photos around the map and mess with random cars more.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Are you tapping the brakes repeatedly when going into turns, or just slamming on them and hoping for the best? (You should be doing the former)

convert them to all wheel drive

Well, I'll be honest I'm just kinda tapping once and drifting into the turn and sometimes that works out okay and sometimes I really love the rewind feature since this is the first racer I've played with it.

Maybe it's just a matter of my just needing to be a bit more liberal with the brake tapping. Thanks!

GHG

Well, I'll be honest I'm just kinda tapping once and drifting into the turn and sometimes that works out okay and sometimes I really love the rewind feature since this is the first racer I've played with it.

Maybe it's just a matter of my just needing to be a bit more liberal with the brake tapping. Thanks!

Don't tap the brakes, it destabilises the car too much.

Gently and gradually squeeze the brake trigger on approach to the corner so that you have a smooth and stable entry. Then once you are just past the apex of the corner gradually apply force to the accelerator. That way you will be in full control of the car at all times and can manage your corner entry and exit better. You'll be a lot quicker in RWD cars doing things this way.

Hey guys I'm playing on Windows 10 and the game is fun as hell, however all 3 Pre-Order cars are not showing up in game, I redeemed the codes.

Am I supposed to get them Instantly? or do I have to buy them?

I entered the following 3 codes:

Amazon:2016 Audi R8 V10 plus
Microsoft: 2016 Mercedes-Benz C 63 S Coupé
Microsoft: Halo Warthog

My game is still stuck on 1.0.10.2 is that the latest patch? It says last modified 27/9/16.

My wife and I are still missing the Merc but our Warthogs came at least on PC.

BHK3

Banned
*buys the game from the target errpr, completes a half dozen events*

so uh
wheres my warthog?
:x

oh I completely forgot I got a warthog too, I haven't seen it at all!

Also is there a certain place in the menu where I can see all available cars for sale? There's this really annoying souped up golf cart looking thing the AI use that's killing me in races, so I need that to keep up

Stevey

Finished the last showcase last night,was pretty ok, I guess.
Nearly got all the barn finds as well.
Is there a checklist of promo cars that need photographing?

Azzawon

All of them :p Horizon Edition cars count as separate cars though, so reaching 300 cars isn't as daunting as it first sounds.

Nutter

I did not add my name into the spreadsheet [what is the link to it?\, but I did end up joining the GAF club today.

GT: TJ NutterB

danowat

Banned

Any you haven't captured show up with a little camera icon above them in game.

Pro tip, start a race with a group of cars you haven't photographed and take a pic or two at the start, loads of cars captured in one hit.

Aselith

Really pleased with how well the dynamic settings are working on my PC. I have a:

Phenom II x4 3.2Ghz
24MB RAM
760 with I think 2GB memory

and the game has been running smoothly despite being a bit of an elderly system at this point. I mean it's got a decent bit of aliasing but it's running smoothly and it looks decent which is all I wanted! :) Glad I caught that target deal cause the game is really fun.

Azzawon

I did not add my name into the spreadsheet [what is the link to it?\, but I did end up joining the GAF club today.

GT: TJ NutterB

Here you go:
We are at 900ish people in the car club. Was going to lock up the club on Friday, but might do it earlier then that now. After we lock the car club, it will be invite only. The spreadsheet only has 360 people on it. I figure there is a lot of folks who joined that are not GAFers. Especially considering how many messages I've got about where to find the OT or what is an OT, etc. So if you are in the car club and not on the spreadsheet, do yourself a favour and add yourself to it. I'll be kicking people who are both inactive and not on the list. Not everyone, want to keep about 100 free slots for people that come to the game a little later.

Need a link to the spreadsheet? Quote this post.

Edit: Sorry if this has been posted before, but I found this photo album on Reddit. Some of these photos are jaw-dropping.

Link.

cyen

Just got a bone S, dont have friends to play, added my gt to the spreedshet, please add me if you want.

Derp

Oh dear lord. I was on a 300k x 10.0 skill streak thingy just drifting around an empty dirt field in a lambo listening to music. All of a sudden my car does a barrel roll (i'm still trying to find what caused it) and I lose everything.

xrnzaaas

Any you haven't captured show up with a little camera icon above them in game.

Pro tip, start a race with a group of cars you haven't photographed and take a pic or two at the start, loads of cars captured in one hit.

Yep it's best to choose different car classes for each exhibition race and take photos at the start. You can also try photographing civilian cars, because some of them are unique and they don't appear in the autoshow. Sadly large trucks and busses don't count.

That might eb why I'm missing them, I have the DJ switched off. I'll have to keep an eye out for notifications.

How often do they pop up?

There is also a festival boss perk that gives you a higher chance of skill songs being played. Also classical channel is where it's at for longer skill songs, as the chances of songs that play over 6 mins are higher.

Damn, the pillock in the garage took forever to restore the last barn find. What was he doing?

I really like this game. Its overall a very impressive package and am having fun for once, but kinda like how procedural games aren't as good as handcrafted ones, I'm finding the "choose everything" and "go anywhere!" approach makes the game pretty unbalanced. It's just too easy to cheese everything and me curating my own game progression by picking races and classes trying to keep it fair for the AI is kinda wonkey.

Also, coop campaign is basically "you win" mode with the scoring system, especially in races against ai. Its not really a fair challenge at all.

Regardless, its got so much good about, even though I feel sorta aimless at times, its a blast. I'm excited to just take photos around the map and mess with random cars more.

Yeah it's a game design choice they make so every single car in the game can be viable and worthwhile using. I'm not 100% a fan of it either but I can see why they do it.

In future games though I think they should look into finding a better happy medium. Requiring a top 3 place to get any points at all would be a start IMO.

RawNuts

Damn, the pillock in the garage took forever to restore the last barn find. What was he doing?
sht4m56vjuuejwkfe9ag.gif

XShagrath

Picked up the PC version over the weekend. Damn good! I've loved all of the Forza games and this is no different. I'm hooked again.

Threw my info into the spreadsheet in case there's still room in the club.

Top Bottom