• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Chris R

It depends on what your other festival levels are at, as you need six total festival upgrades/expansions. If you have unlocked your third festival, then you are likely one upgrade away, but it can be from any of your festivals.

I'm one away then. I have Byron Bay at level 3, the Winery at level 1 and Surfer's Paradise at level 2.

shandy706

So I went through the invitation requests for the ForzaGAF dashboard club, and used the [Gaf] club sign up sheet to send out quite a few invitations to join it. We're getting close to 100 members now!

I was thinking I had one, but I don't see anything. Do I have to unlock them first to get an invite? Sigh..now that I'm a single dad my gaming has taken a full punch in the face. Priorities though.

I may be missing something though. Bit distracted.

mark-san

Banned
Is this an app I need to download on the windows store? (not at home to check)

Yep, you get the Xbox app from the Windows Store.

I'm still salty over this

GqAjCeS.gif

No way should a movable object break a skill chain.

I was going for a million :'(

This is the best place to go for a skill chain:

With a skill song playing, i easily I got 6 milion and stopped because i was already bored, lol.

This has the best graphics I have ever seen in a racing game.
It looks brilliant on the xbone and plays brilliant too.

Playground have found some serious performance from the xbones GPU.

gnexus

Was pretty busy with work stuff all weekend, but got some time in for FH3 early this morning. Hell, I even managed to get my second HE car. It's the Jaguar, but still.. awesome!

sogood.gif

RoKKeR

You would think being able to drive where you want would make this race easier....

Forge your own path to the city in the Audi Sport Quattro Rally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_dQJUyG8qM

1/2 hour later and I still cant make it. It was fun retrying though.
Just did that yesterday, really tough challenge. There was one just like it in FH2 that was similarly rage inducing.

Best strategy is to make a bee line for the satellite arrays, rip down that straught dirt road and when it runs out, connect with the train tracks that are ahead and to the right. Doing that in the first section really helped after a few attempts.

desu

You would think being able to drive where you want would make this race easier....

Forge your own path to the city in the Audi Sport Quattro Rally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_dQJUyG8qM

1/2 hour later and I still cant make it. It was fun retrying though.

I might have just had luck with getting the route right, but I think I did it on the 2 or 3 try with 10-15 seconds left.

I think this is about the route I took:

RaZoR No1

I found a video of someone who finished it with 10 secs to spare. I skipped through a bit but it seemed like they stuck to the train tracks quite a bit.
Best way to finish this is to take the shortest route to the highway.
After that follow the navigation as fast as you can

terrible

Banned
That last Midnight Battle race was just stupid. The AI posted a 1:51.703 time which would be good enough for 13th overall on the leaderboards. How the hell am I supposed to beat that?

I shamelessly dropped the difficulty all the way to the lowest it'd go just to be done with it after spending hundreds of thousands on different upgrades trying to find a car that could keep up with the AI.

Psyclone

So I went through the invitation requests for the ForzaGAF dashboard club, and used the [Gaf] club sign up sheet to send out quite a few invitations to join it. We're getting close to 100 members now!

Add me! GT - FandangoZambini

On the spreadsheet for a couple of days but just unlocked clubs

Gestault

I'm still salty over this

GqAjCeS.gif

No way should a movable object break a skill chain.

I was going for a million :'(

I was confused watching the gif, because last night I was driving something big enough that the bales didn't interrupt. I didn't realize the car weight factored in.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Don't mind if I do:

Beats auctioning for sure.

Lucky, I can't even get one XP boost car. I bit the bullet and bought one (BRZ)for about 980k. And nearly made all my money back too.

On a side note, I wish that the game didn't flag the HE editon cars as different models than the stock model. I want to put the livery I have on my other BRZ dammit!

But yeah, you'd get about 1/5 of the amount if you auctioned it.

Any tips on the best type of car for danger sign stunts?

I found that the best car is one that sounds dumb for offroad stuff:

2016 Audi R8 with rally suspension and tires. The power gets you 3 stars in most jumps while the rally parts negate the fact that it's a supercar and is usually bad offroad.

eek5

Made 10-15m that way today. I think I spent 30-45 minutes just rolling that thing. At least I got almost all HE cars now.

You should just buy them all then spin. It costs 500-1m to buy each one and you'll get 5m back if you get duplicate so you're better off buying all of them and spinning for dupes.

I figured auctioning would always be better money. How much do those go for at auction?

Horizon cars sell from 500k-1.3mil usually. On PC duplicates sell for 5 million though.. so yeah.

eek5

wait, dupes?

When you win a duplicate car in wheel spin you can sell it for half of its value. On PC horizon edition cars are valued at 10 million so if you get a duplicate you can sell it for 5 million CR. If you have enough CR you should buy all the HE cars before spinning on PC since a single duplicate could fund 5-10 HE cars from AH.

I don't see how it doesn't get patched though. Paying for spins is 50k cr. From what I've seen you get HE cars in less than 100 spins (5mil cr to spin 100 times) usually so it is pretty much infinite money after you've acquired all the HE cars.

Soulflarz

Banned
When you win a duplicate car in wheel spin you can sell it for half of its value. On PC horizon edition cars are valued at 10 million so if you get a duplicate you can sell it for 5 million CR. If you have enough CR you should buy all the HE cars before spinning on PC since a single duplicate could fund 5-10 HE cars from AH.

I don't see how it doesn't get patched though. Paying for spins is 50k cr. From what I've seen you get HE cars in less than 100 spins (5mil cr to spin 100 times) usually so it is pretty much infinite money after you've acquired all the HE cars.

hmm

eek5

Is that only on PC? I guess I'll bank all my spins and boot up the stuttering mess that is the PC version if it only does that on PC.

Yeah. Not sure which side it's a bug on but on PC the value of HE cars is 10 mil. On Xbox it is the value of the regular non-HE car.

dLMN8R

So I'm having some trouble getting into this game that I don't recall having in previous Forza games...

I'm only 3-4 hours in and am just going through some early championships. Right now I'm in my second championship - I chose the one that goes through city streets instead of more wide-open areas.

I did bump up Drivatar difficulty a bit but not so much, and turned off some assists. But my problem is that I keep getting into these situations where there are some opponents with cars that are so much genuinely faster than my own that it seems broken rather than intentional.

I've taken the time to look at my current cars, buy new ones when appropriate, and even if I have a super high-class S2 car it still keeps getting regularly out-run by some opponents driving something similar.

Given that, a couple of questions:

1) What am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't those other cars be comparable to my own? So why is my highly-rated fast car continually being out-driven by opponents despite the fact that I took turns perfectly and am on a straightaway?

2) When would I ever want to use a slower car anyway when I'm not restricted? Will opponents also use slower cars if I chose a C or B class when I don't have to?

Pakoe

Holy shit the races in the jeeps are annoying as fuck.
Are we fucking racing or are we playing bumpy cars?

eek5

You are right. Glad they added this. But why the he'll does the game charge you 10k in cr to do this? It's just assinine.

The fee should really be reduced when you get travel boards. Doesn't make sense that I can travel across the map for free but have to pay 10k to get a car delivered to me (since I can just teleport to a festival, switch cars, then teleport back for free).

Hip Hop

Is Goliath still the best for farming credits/xp?

to maximize wheelspins, best to do a XP Boost or Credits Boost vehicle? I'll also add in the skill point that double credits for one exhibition race.

BraXzy

Sorry if this has been answered before but Google gave me nothing,

How do you turn off the race line/assist? I want rid because I end up zoning in on it and not really driving.

zorbsie

Car club info:

We've made the club private. There is still room for folks to join so don't worry. Here are the steps to take to get in the car club:
Unlock clubs in game (Unlocks after third location's second expansion)
Search for GAF
Send request to join club
On GAF send a PM to one of the co-leaders: Me, Rawnuts, Digmouse, TheKeyPit or Shortt Sirket to let us know you requested to join.
We'll accept and you'll be in.

Seems like a lot, but it's much easier than sending friend requests and searching through leaderboards for names and sending out invites.

And as always add yourself to the spreadsheet so that we know you are part of GAF when we need to make room in the club. Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hate how far in the Outback/Desert festival location is. The city one is so easy to enter and exit.

Top Bottom