• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

KRaZyAmmo

In real life, it's a 2 wheel drive car. The only non-AWD car Subaru makes.

Unless I'm mistaken and there's an AWD version that I'm not familiar with...
I was thinking you could convert drivetrain in tbe custom upgrades menu. I know it's fr in real life. I'll check it out once i get home.

eek5

Is Goliath still the best for farming credits/xp?

to maximize wheelspins, best to do a XP Boost or Credits Boost vehicle? I'll also add in the skill point that double credits for one exhibition race.

I switched to M3 HE w/ drift tune and just drifting in 12th place on figure 8 in outback. So much more laid back and pretty fun to link some of those turns.

Drift taps all day. Good lap is like 2x 60k skill points so you can get up to 6 skill points per lap too.

terrible

Banned
Yeah. Not sure which side it's a bug on but on PC the value of HE cars is 10 mil. On Xbox it is the value of the regular non-HE car.

Kind of sounds like it's more of a bug on the Xbox side though 10 mil is probably twice what it should be.

I just went on a bidding spree for remaining HE cars and I made a mistake. I figured I'd just make a ton of lowball bids at $200K for each car and maybe one would slip through but I'm winning quite a few of those auctions at that price lol. Now I'm going to have to sell a ton of cars on the auction myself. Oops.

DJ Gunner

So I'm having some trouble getting into this game that I don't recall having in previous Forza games...

I'm only 3-4 hours in and am just going through some early championships. Right now I'm in my second championship - I chose the one that goes through city streets instead of more wide-open areas.

I did bump up Drivatar difficulty a bit but not so much, and turned off some assists. But my problem is that I keep getting into these situations where there are some opponents with cars that are so much genuinely faster than my own that it seems broken rather than intentional.

I've taken the time to look at my current cars, buy new ones when appropriate, and even if I have a super high-class S2 car it still keeps getting regularly out-run by some opponents driving something similar.

Given that, a couple of questions:

1) What am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't those other cars be comparable to my own? So why is my highly-rated fast car continually being out-driven by opponents despite the fact that I took turns perfectly and am on a straightaway?

2) When would I ever want to use a slower car anyway when I'm not restricted? Will opponents also use slower cars if I chose a C or B class when I don't have to?

The short answer to this is, you are tuning your car more for handling than speed in that respective class. If you find your cars are consistently being outrun in the straights then run cheaper tires and add more power and see if you can still drive the car.

As a "base" upgrade path, I will typically run the first available tire upgrade, make them as wide as possible, do full brakes/suspension and then start adding power.

RawNuts

Car club info:

We've made the club private. There is still room for folks to join so don't worry. Here are the steps to take to get in the car club:
Unlock clubs in game (Unlocks after third location's second expansion)
Search for GAF
Send request to join club
On GAF send a PM to one of the co-leaders: Me, Rawnuts, Digmouse, TheKeyPit or Shortt Sirket to let us know you requested to join.
We'll accept and you'll be in.

Seems like a lot, but it's much easier than sending friend requests and searching through leaderboards for names and sending out invites.

And as always add yourself to the spreadsheet so that we know you are part of GAF when we need to make room in the club. Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet.

If you want into the club, you could start by running to the room of the three gargoyles. Push in the right tongue and a door might lead you down a staircase into the wall climb. Here, you must choose your next path. You could race up to the observatory, spin the sundial and pass into the room of the golden idols. Once there, push down on their faces to release the doors, that may take you below or lead you into the shrine of the silver monkey. Assemble the statue there and you may be headed for the torch room. If the elevator is up, you could jump into the elevator and descend into the mineshaft. You might climb up the ladder or plow through the stone wall. Find the key and it may unlock the tombs of the ancient kings, allowing you to climb into the spider's lair. If you escape, you may have a chance to sit upon the throne of the Pretender. If the correct door is unlocked, you'll be able to crawl into pit of despair and finally make your way through the cave of size, back to the temple gate. Then send me a PM here on GAF; good luck!

KRaZyAmmo

If you want into the club, you could start by running to the room of the three gargoyles. Push in the right tongue and a door might lead you down a staircase into the wall climb. Here, you must choose your next path. You could race up to the observatory, spin the sundial and pass into the room of the golden idols. Once there, push down on their faces to release the doors, that may take you below or lead you into the shrine of the silver monkey. Assemble the statue there and you may be headed for the torch room. If the elevator is up, you could jump into the elevator and descend into the mineshaft. You might climb up the ladder or plow through the stone wall. Find the key and it may unlock the tombs of the ancient kings, allowing you to climb into the spider's lair. If you escape, you may have a chance to sit upon the throne of the Pretender. If the correct door is unlocked, you'll be able to crawl into pit of despair and finally make your way through the cave of size, back to the temple gate. Then send me a PM here on GAF; good luck!
What happens if you got the wrong key and opened the wrong door? Does your gaf account cease to exist?

zorbsie

I should have just said only GAF gold gets invites.

Echoes

So I'm having some trouble getting into this game that I don't recall having in previous Forza games...

I'm only 3-4 hours in and am just going through some early championships. Right now I'm in my second championship - I chose the one that goes through city streets instead of more wide-open areas.

I did bump up Drivatar difficulty a bit but not so much, and turned off some assists. But my problem is that I keep getting into these situations where there are some opponents with cars that are so much genuinely faster than my own that it seems broken rather than intentional.

I've taken the time to look at my current cars, buy new ones when appropriate, and even if I have a super high-class S2 car it still keeps getting regularly out-run by some opponents driving something similar.

1) What am I doing wrong here? Shouldn't those other cars be comparable to my own? So why is my highly-rated fast car continually being out-driven by opponents despite the fact that I took turns perfectly and am on a straightaway?

2) When would I ever want to use a slower car anyway when I'm not restricted? Will opponents also use slower cars if I chose a C or B class when I don't have to?

1. The AI does indeed seem weird. I play on Pro difficulty, and sometimes they beat me by a long shot and sometimes I'm winning 1st/2nd. And once in a while the first car would just ride a rocket launcher into the road (look at its icon in the map).

Upgrading the car helps, but make sure you're upgrading right: instead of doing a 910 upgrade, spend more money to bring it to 950 and higher. The higher you are in your tier (D/C/B/A) the better your chances are, it seems.

2. You can choose whichever class you want and the game will scale accordingly. So if you picked a low class car you'll get low class opponents (but the level of the tier will vary).

terrible

Banned
So that buying wheelspins on PC when you have all the HE cars idea is legit. I started with around 3 million credits and in 15 minutes I'm up to 16 million credits just from selling back the HE cars I win for 5 million each time I win them. I might just be really lucky though, we'll see.

Cushen

Neo Member
https://www.gtplanet.net/channel-yo...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Details about the first car pack for H3. Look at this goddamn list. Holy cow.

2016 Aston Martin Vulcan
•2016 BMW M2
•2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
•1976 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
•2000 Lotus 340R
•2016 Pagani Huayra BC
•2016 GTA Spano

OMG.

Glad they're adding the M2. I don't know why they would even include the M235i in the base game with an M2 coming right after though.

Next up, the i8. Pretty please?!

So that buying wheelspins on PC when you have all the HE cars idea is legit. I started with around 3 million credits and in 15 minutes I'm up to 16 million credits just from selling back the HE cars I win for 5 million each time I win them. I might just be really lucky though, we'll see.

Huh. I didn't realize you could get duplicate cars from wheel spins.

I'm over 30 wheel spins purchased, and I'm averaging about 24k CR per spin. :/

terrible

Banned
Huh. I didn't realize you could get duplicate cars from wheel spins.

I'm over 30 wheel spins purchased, and I'm averaging about 24k CR per spin. :/

I've won 2 HE vipers and a mustang. I've hit a dry spell lately though, I'm down to 15 million credits now.

edit: dry spell over, won the BRZ HE car. Back up to over 19 million.

Tinúviel

After 15 spin at once i finally got my first HE car.

Which HE bonus currently is most valuable in auction house?

fh53ozf2.jpg

xam3l

I'm so pissed of right now.
Almost 2 hours, at the 9th of 10 laps in the Goliath race, the game just froze. Not the console, the freaking game. -.-' I'm not even sure if I've lost any progress, but damn.

KRaZyAmmo

I'm so pissed of right now.
Almost 2 hours, at the 9th of 10 laps in the Goliath race, the game just froze. Not the console, the freaking game. -.-' I'm not even sure if I've lost any progress, but damn.
I've had that happened on me. I still got the skill points. But none of the credits, exp, and fans.

1. The cars will almost always match your class. Of you're A800 All your opponents will be A790ish+.

They could still be faster/more powerful cars however. Your brakes, tyres and suspension also affect your class rank. They could have more outright speed but you instead have better braking/more grip.

2. I like the slower cars. Most of my cars are within the class they came in stock, just bumped to maximise that class (A800, B700 etc.). I'm not really interested in driving the exotics except to beat speed traps.

As I said before, your opponents will match your class.

shandy706

I loved this show back in the day, LOL.

Car club info:

We've made the club private. There is still room for folks to join so don't worry. Here are the steps to take to get in the car club:
Unlock clubs in game (Unlocks after third location's second expansion)
Search for GAF
Send request to join club
On GAF send a PM to one of the co-leaders: Me, Rawnuts, Digmouse, TheKeyPit or Shortt Sirket to let us know you requested to join.
We'll accept and you'll be in.

Seems like a lot, but it's much easier than sending friend requests and searching through leaderboards for names and sending out invites.

And as always add yourself to the spreadsheet so that we know you are part of GAF when we need to make room in the club. Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet.

Oh darn, just when I got home to finally join too lol....

0racle

Alright this game is downright frustrating with my TX wheel, pro pedals and TH8a manual gearbox. Is anyone else finding it hard as well? I get legit frustrated driving my setup with this game because it's too twitchy and unpredictable.

I switched to the controller and I'm nailing everything and threading the needle between cars, trees and checkpoints.

I'll save my setup for sim games I guess but it sucks having all this racing gear not being used on one of the best racing games ever.

FZW

I got the Warthog for 300k from the auction and damn what a super fun car to drive with. I actually really love the offroad events, and the Warthog is a beast for them.

Also: damn massive lol.

forzahorizon310_3_20189rja.png

Play the classic radio when you're driving it, the halo theme will play eventually

oatmeal

Banned
Haha! Yea, it's always open, I believe it's just when you expand a Horizon site, they offer you a discount on a set of cars of their choosing. But the store itself is always open.
I'm in the first horizon site, level 2 (I'm level 9) and both auto show and auction house are greywd out. :(

Klocker

Damn didn't realize this but if you get a duplicate car from wheel spins you can sell it for half its value so if you have some cash you should definitely try to buy all the HE cars. Getting a HE wheel spin becomes 5 million CR!

Did this actually work for you?

I got a duplicate spin on an HE car in my garage, Viper, and I only got half of the $180.000 list price $95k

Top Bottom