• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Noobcraft

How the fuck did I just get 2nd in a championship I placed 1st in every event!? Lol
An online championship? Like an XP based championship? I usually get in the top three in those and I DNF quite a few races. It's all about those style points lol.

Despite every nerve in my body, I've turned on both rewind AND the racing line. This series is just too frustrating without both.

Honestly, the Horizon series is about doing cool stuff in your car. If you have rewind on, you're allowed to take risks like powersliding around a corner. I had rewind on in Dirt, too.

Also, I have the driving line on simply because a lot of the time i can't tell where to go. If I could turn off the braking suggestions and just have a "hey go this way" arrow on my screen, I would.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
An online championship? Like an XP based championship? I usually get in the top three in those and I DNF quite a few races. It's all about those style points lol.

No, single player. Hyper cars.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Really the only thing that's gotten me annoyed so far is the lack of options to skip dialog or videos. That's a really unpolished part of the game that needs some TLC. It's soooooooooo annoying when my friend is talking to me on teamspeak and we're in a race for me to get interrupted during the event and into the map to hear: "HEY BOSS! We have fans and you do too blah blah blah nobody cares blah blah heard this fifty times on and on please I just want to get back to the race I'm lossssing" and the dialog is so loud, and you can't turn it down since in game volume options are busted.

Also, watching the same demos all the time is so stupid. Just let me in the garage I don't care about your fancy little demos of me driving in. Why do I have to watch these dumb little intros of my car when I want to start the game? It's literally quicker to hit "enter festival" and then exit than to just click the "drive" button. What the fuck point is that if they make it slower to chose the option you want?

I can't complete Bucket List 3. At the most I've gotten 24 drifts in the allotted time (one off), but that's the absolute most I can do. I must be missing something, since they claim it's an 'easy' one.

I'd say that one isn't easy but it's not impossible. You just have to hold the drift and practice so you get the 'awesome' and 'ultimate' prefix which net you 3-4 points each time. It's easier if you get up to speed from a corner of the parking lot because you'll drift longer and get those prefixes.

Unfortunately yeah. Been like that in Forza for as long as I can remember.

Okay, good to know I'm not crazy. My theory seems when you are editing, once you stop moving your layers, they all get a high quality pass that removes aliasing. I have a feeling this step is being skipped when you download a pre-made one and since you can't edit them (also dumb), you never get a chance to do this step so they stay in that crappy pixelated temp state.

terrible

Banned
After hundreds of wheelspins I can safely say that the car variety for potential wins is very very low. It's the same handful of cars over and over. I don't know why they don't just have every car as a potential win. I want to feel the pain of landing on $2000 instead of a McLaren F1.

op_ivy

Ok, last complaint of the day I we are. Is it me or are the showcase events pretty weak after 2s? None of these hold a candle to 2s steam engine and bomber in the rain. Not only that but are there less of them?

SlickVic

I'd say that one isn't easy but it's not impossible. You just have to hold the drift and practice so you get the 'awesome' and 'ultimate' prefix which net you 3-4 points each time. It's easier if you get up to speed from a corner of the parking lot because you'll drift longer and get those prefixes.

Thanks I was just doing regular e-drifts since I can't nail the ultimate drifts with any sort of consistency and just get them somewhat haphazardly. I'll try it again with that in mind.

op_ivy

Now my skills gauge isn't showing and my radio is permanently stuck on bass arena :/

Bessy67

Ok, last complaint of the day I we are. Is it me or are the showcase events pretty weak after 2s? None of these hold a candle to 2s steam engine and bomber in the rain. Not only that but are there less of them?
I haven't done that many yet, but I enjoyed the train. Speed boat one just highlighted the weird fact that the rivers are all 6 inches deep.

eek5

mhpivvF.jpg

rTJwRhM.jpg

Yeaaah so drifting poops on goliath really badly lmao. I figured out how to drift tap multiple times per turn which significantly boosted my xp. Getting 6 skill points the majority of laps ;_;

Kickz

Man am I in love with this game. The punk rock station brings me back to Tony Hawk Pro Skater days. And there is something beautiful and relaxing about hearing symphony music and driving offroad through a bunch of shrubbery and farms

Hip Hop

holy shit.

was trying to earn a duplicate HE with 50 spins and 2 million cr spins.

only got one HE car I didn't have out of that, till the last spin I had. I was out of my bonus spins and only had 150,000 cr left.

ended up getting a duplicate out of my last spin money.

back to 5,000,000 cr now, so that's how they get you.

Noobcraft

Middle of my race in the Goliath circuit 2nd lap with tons of skill score saved up. Surfers Paradise starts turning into rainbow colors, minimap gets corrupted, textures get all grainy, then crashed to dashboard. :(

It looks like I got enough xp from drifting to level up 4 times though. Also got 33 skill points so that's something...

Hip Hop

Good idea to fish for duplicates on 5 million cr spins? I believe I have about 9-10 HE cars right now. Or should I bid on the rest I'm missing first?

jediyoshi

I can't complete Bucket List 3. At the most I've gotten 24 drifts in the allotted time (one off), but that's the absolute most I can do. I must be missing something, since they claim it's an 'easy' one.

Yeah, I really hate how they quantify each one as a singular 'drift'. Would have made more sense to base the challenge on distance, like the PR stunts already do.

ElyrionX

Despite every nerve in my body, I've turned on both rewind AND the racing line. This series is just too frustrating without both.

I only have the braking line on but now considering the full line as it's way too easy to get lost on the offroad sections.

They've obviously built the game around the rewind feature.

burgerdog

They've obviously built the game around the rewind feature.

Wat? The game isn't built around the rewind feature. It's there for people that don't want to redo an entire race because they messed up the last turn and don't want to start over.

A bunch of us here play without it and do just fine. If it was obviously built around it we wouldn't have made it pretty far without it.

Mohasus

Played the whole game without the driving line, no problems at all. But I'm used to looking at the mini map while driving so I know where to go.

And if I miss a turn, I can just rewind.

What difficulty do y'all play on? I had the same problem with Horizon 2. I don't want it to be so easy to get first on everything. I put it up to expert right now I think but the last couple races weren't even close. Is it just because I'm still petty early on and difficulty naturally goes up or is this just an easy game?

rrs

The D-Type is something to drive, got up to 285 MPH and going to delete aero for another highway run tomorrow
What difficulty do y'all play on? I had the same problem with Horizon 2. I don't want it to be so easy to get first on everything. I put it up to expert right now I think but the last couple races weren't even close. Is it just because I'm still petty early on and difficulty naturally goes up or is this just an easy game?
Expert AI (the one after highly skilled) with sim handling, ABS, no TCS or SCS, braking line, and rewind. And yes, it gets harder with the first car due to tunes, etc

Montresor

I found that the best car is one that sounds dumb for offroad stuff:

2016 Audi R8 with rally suspension and tires. The power gets you 3 stars in most jumps while the rally parts negate the fact that it's a supercar and is usually bad offroad.

This is what did it for me. Thanks so much Admiester.

So now I have strategies for drift zones (Holden Torana 1977 with special tune from Boydy, and Toyota Celica 1974 with special tune from Don Joewon Song).

And I have a great strategy for danger sign jumps (Audi R8 with a random Rally tune).

But... speed zones are now kicking my ass. Ugh! There is a speed zone that is in between the Outback and Yarra Valley (I don't remember its name) that has a big curve you have to 180 through with your car... I can never maintain a high enough speed without flying off the road or spinning out.

terrible

Banned

Depends on your car and tune. Some cars are way more competitive than others which can make the AI even up to unbeatable pretty easy.

Why the fuck is this only available on Windows store. I still have nightmares from trying to install Forza 6 Apex with that trash. And it's $100 AU. Are you fucking kidding me.

i played online for the first time (its the first time i played online in a racer since paradise), i was last in literally every race, in fact i only ever got to cross the finish line in 1 of them. RIP, i rely too much on the rewind feature lol

Miker

Is there a guide that describes how progress works in this game, or a sort of legend for the map? There are exhibitions vs. championships, my own blueprint events, I've got like 8 different types of rival races I can do, and god knows what else. As for the map, how do you know which roads you've driven down or not? Is an orange road not driven? Or is it dashed?

EDIT: Regarding roads, I zoomed in on the map and it seems grayed out roads are undriven?

Montresor

Is there a guide that describes how progress works in this game, or a sort of legend for the map? There are exhibitions vs. championships, my own blueprint events, I've got like 8 different types of rival races I can do, and god knows what else. As for the map, how do you know which roads you've driven down or not? Is an orange road not driven? Or is it dashed?

EDIT: Regarding roads, I zoomed in on the map and it seems grayed out roads are undriven?

Yes a road is greyed out if is undriven.

White roads are regular driven roads (asphalt).

Red roads are driven dirt roads.

Red dotted roads are driven hillbilly dirty roads (really they're just the same but seem to be out of the way).

Memles

Thanks I was just doing regular e-drifts since I can't nail the ultimate drifts with any sort of consistency and just get them somewhat haphazardly. I'll try it again with that in mind.

I also found that I only got it when I started racing in a circle on the outside of the area, rather than trying to be drifting back and forth.

Corpekata

Banned
Has anyone had a new drivatar to challenge and hire area not seemingly spawn the drivatar? Was looking all around and couldn't find it

dedhead54

I love that one of my favorite cars thus far is my Ford Sierra Cosworth rs500 that I bought just to do one championship. Did an AWD conversion, dropped an inline 6 in it, and put rally suspension and tires on it. Such a blast to drive in the outback.

Broman1978

Have Playground said anything about the fact that when taking screenshots when using HDR they don´t turn out good?

My screenshots looks GREAT on my TV but in the feed and Xbox.com etc, they all look washed out and somethings wrong with the exposure compared to how I see them on my TV when I take the screenshots.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Broman78/screenshots

Gestault

Have Playground said anything about the fact that when taking screenshots when using HDR they don´t turn out good?

My screenshots looks GREAT on my TV but in the feed and Xbox.com etc, they all look washed out and somethings wrong with the exposure compared to how I see them on my TV when I take the screenshots.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Broman78/screenshots

As far as I know, the screencaps are basically buffer grabs, so it may be trying to display a higher color-bitrate image than the file format is designed around. I hadn't heard this before, but it wouldn't surprise me.

webkatt

Has anyone had a new drivatar to challenge and hire area not seemingly spawn the drivatar? Was looking all around and couldn't find it

Yeah. Same here. I had to leave the yellow circle for a bit before the drivatar would appear after initially not spawning.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Car club info:

We've made the club private. There is still room for folks to join so don't worry. Here are the steps to take to get in the car club:
Unlock clubs in game (Unlocks after third location's second expansion)
Search for GAF
Send request to join club
On GAF send a PM to one of the co-leaders: Me, Rawnuts, Digmouse, TheKeyPit or Shortt Sirket to let us know you requested to join.
We'll accept and you'll be in.

Seems like a lot, but it's much easier than sending friend requests and searching through leaderboards for names and sending out invites.

And as always add yourself to the spreadsheet so that we know you are part of GAF when we need to make room in the club. Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet.

Acidote

So, first Forza Horizon I'm going to really play. I've always played them on other people's consoles and now I have it on PC. Anything special I should know as a beginner?

Top Bottom